[VC RE BETA] General feedback / Add your "balance logs" here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petro Buleka said:
image.png
manut.jpg

lol funny  :mrgreen:

now if you can give feedback on the numbers and how that affects your game, that would be nice  :grin:

kalarhan said:
now if you can give feedback on the numbers and how that affects your game, that would be nice  :grin:
It will completely destroy my style of play.

Earlier, in the early stages of the campaign, I recruited a high-level prisoners and could maintain my army strong enough. Then, when the NPC reached a high level of 27, I moved to regular factional forces, as my companions have been able to train soldiers to the level of 4 times 5. Now everything went to pieces.

Prices for the recruitment of prisoners should not be on the same level as ordinary mercenaries. It turns out as it is not logical that sell captive Viking costs 120 coins, and hire an army, that is, in fact enable him to live a normal life again is about 7 times more expensive.

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
It will completely destroy my style of play.

Earlier, in the early stages of the campaign, I recruited a high-level prisoners and could maintain my army strong enough. Then, when the NPC reached a high level of 27, I moved to regular factional forces, as my companions have been able to train soldiers to the level of 4 times 5. Now everything went to pieces.

Prices for the recruitment of prisoners should not be on the same level as ordinary mercenaries. It turns out as it is not logical that sell captive Viking costs 120 coins, and hire an army, that is, in fact enable him to live a normal life again is about 7 times more expensive.

you are not paying the prisoner, that is the cost of the equipment.
When you won the battle and took him prisoner you also took his gold, weapons, shield and armor. The magic system that lets you recruit them for free was a big unbalance in the game (as many players pointed out), in fact, it could make the recruiting system superfluous.

That is why we spent a month balancing economy, XP and recruiting. Now you can:

1) New sandbox:
1.1) Be a raider and lose reputation. You will then be able to hire bandits. You will suffer penalties on relations and diplomacy
1.2) Be a "good guy", recruit villagers, train them up. Form a group of fiefs with good relations so you will get many troops (low level, but very cheap). And earn gold so you can pay to increase the units level (skill and gear)

When you go to war you can use prisoners as a "emergency" buffer to get some new troops while in the field (far from home). You can also hire mercenaries, or attack parties that have prisoners (so you can get them for free). Keep in mind that prisoners also cost morale, so you better have a way to get it back fast

You guys probably didn't notice this yet, but here is a new small thing:
You can hire prisoners and rest for the night in you fortified camp, and they can't escape. No need to move them to a garrison or quarter

Feedback on the changes in welcome, we will keep a eye on the balance of prices.

Is it deliberate that there is no battle-continuation after player KO during sieges? I find it rather frustrating when I'm hunting down the last couple of hiding archers then catch an arrow in the head. Apparently all my troops decide to jump back over the wall of a near-empty fortress, damn cowards :grin:!

Hey, if I put my ship on the coast where would be the Frakia I think you will see a landing point, so I put my ship there but my army could not get there. How can I fix this?

kraggrim said:
Is it deliberate that there is no battle-continuation after player KO during sieges? I find it rather frustrating when I'm hunting down the last couple of hiding archers then catch an arrow in the head. Apparently all my troops decide to jump back over the wall of a near-empty fortress, damn cowards :grin:!
I think you should get that situation only when you have bad moral and/or most of you men died. I will check it and we will fix if I confirm it.
sidious said:
Hey, if I put my ship on the coast where would be the Frakia I think you will see a landing point, so I put my ship there but my army could not get there. How can I fix this?
Hi sidious,
I'm afraid Frankia is not a playable area.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
kraggrim said:
I think you should get that situation only when you have bad moral and/or most of you men died. I will check it and we will fix if I confirm it.
sidious said:
Hi sidious,
I'm afraid Frankia is not a playable area.
Now I know but had to put the ship there, then I put my ship and lost because my army could not get to where my ship was docked! :cry:

Just noticed you can take a cattle quest for a mayor, take them to a village and repeatedly gift them up to 50 rep with the village. The cattle never get taken, so you can still complete the mayor's quest.

anoddhermit said:
Just noticed you can take a cattle quest for a mayor, take them to a village and repeatedly gift them up to 50 rep with the village. The cattle never get taken, so you can still complete the mayor's quest.

seems like you're playing an old version

JuJu70 said:
anoddhermit said:

Shouldn't steam be keeping it up to date? I have the option to keep it up to date checked though IDK how well that works with the beta active.

It says 1.095 on my menu screen in game, but 1.167 in the launcher.

anoddhermit said:
JuJu70 said:
anoddhermit said:

Shouldn't steam be keeping it up to date? I have the option to keep it up to date checked though IDK how well that works with the beta active.

Could you post your savegame? I didn't think about that option  :facepalm:

CeltiberoCaesar said:
anoddhermit said:
JuJu70 said:
anoddhermit said:

Could you post your savegame? I didn't think about that option  :facepalm:

Here you go -

http://www.filedropper.com/sg08

I made a separate save just before trying it since it seemed odd to me, luckily, to avoid a "cheated" save kinda.

Custom Armours

Guys, you know how you have that 'custom' sail texture for the player to use for their own purposes?  Would it be possible to do this for armours too? Basically so if the player wants a completely unique armour they can do so while still having the right stat modifiers.  You could add 1 each of 'custom':

medium armour
heavy armour
heavy helmet (no hair)
heavy helmet (hair at back) 

I know Morgh's can be used, but then there's no stat modifiers which is something most players would rather have I think. Plus they can't get it using the cheat menu. And adding extra items can mess with saves, mod compatibility etc. Maybe a crown and ritual equipment too if yo decide to implement :smile:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom