[VC RE BETA] General feedback / Add your "balance logs" here!

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaiak

Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
After quitting a campaign game in the Reforged edition Beta a special log will be added at the end of rgl_log.txt, which is located in the warband folder. If you want to help to balance this game, then please post your log here.
Your Log will grow with the time you play. The longer the log the better. Please add a note if you use cheats.

Thank you!

Example for "how to post":
Code:
LOG:
Randomized ID, WB Version, VC Version, Start, Campaign, R, L, W, Track
(-25462,1167,1074,0,9,0,0,0,
 (2,58429,0,0,0,0,10,214,0,0,91,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0/))

---Player Troops---
Size | % light/medium | % heavies | T1 | T2 | T3 | T4 | T5 | Str
Date:7,86,52,47,34,0,11,40,0,1097
Date:14,86,52,47,34,0,11,40,0,1097
Date:21,86,52,47,34,0,11,40,0,1097 
---Bandits---
center,numBanditsNearby;/Templates:ptid,numParties,created,destroyed
;Date:7,/21,2/193,3/194,0/240,6/447,1/190,5/31,13/48,11/44,15/45,5/207,5/119,8/41,10/107,3/35,4/30,12/47,6/23,0/81,3/150,8/43,5/67,10/42,2/33,0/180,2/46,11/37,0/22,7/36,5/Others,57;/Templates:/6,60,75,15/7,5,12,7/8,18,28,10/9,19,27,8/10,13,15,2/11,20,32,12/12,21,21,0/13,9,19,10/14,15,24,9/15,9,10,1/16,7,7,0/17,7,7,0/18,16,28,12;/;Date:14,/21,2/193,1/194,3/240,7/447,1/190,5/31,15/48,7/44,16/45,13/207,2/119,11/41,7/107,6/35,1/30,13/47,9/23,3/81,1/150,11/43,8/67,10/42,6/33,0/180,4/46,7/37,1/22,7/36,4/Others,32;/Templates:/6,56,78,22/7,6,20,14/8,16,57,41/9,19,29,10/10,14,19,5/11,21,37,16/12,21,21,0/13,9,19,10/14,11,41,30/15,9,11,2/16,7,7,0/17,7,7,0/18,17,40,23;/;Date:21,/21,3/193,2/194,1/240,8/447,1/190,4/31,15/48,6/44,25/45,6/207,5/119,15/41,6/107,4/35,3/30,12/47,6/23,1/81,1/150,6/43,6/67,11/42,4/33,1/180,4/46,7/37,1/22,6/36,5/Others,46;/Templates:/6,56,87,31/7,6,22,16/8,18,79,61/9,19,32,13/10,14,19,5/11,21,40,19/12,21,22,1/13,9,19,10/14,15,48,33/15,9,11,2/16,7,7,0/17,7,7,0/18,19,44,25;/
End of LOG.
 

Usuno

Recruit
Played a few battles today, pleased to say so far my saved game seems to be running smoothly and without issues. The armors look GREAT, and I really appreciate being able to upgrade my shields at a smith.


Could we add a toggle for the ambient battle noises? The "skype call quality" whistling and coughing are sort of breaking immersion. Also, a toggle for the battle wounds/bleedout system wouldn't be unwelcome, even if it only goes back to giving serious wounds when you get knocked out.


 

Idibil

Grandmaster Knight
Usuno said:
Played a few battles today, pleased to say so far my saved game seems to be running smoothly and without issues. The armors look GREAT, and I really appreciate being able to upgrade my shields at a smith.


Could we add a toggle for the ambient battle noises? The "skype call quality" whistling and coughing are sort of breaking immersion. Also, a toggle for the battle wounds/bleedout system wouldn't be unwelcome, even if it only goes back to giving serious wounds when you get knocked out.

We are working on both things... hotfix comming.
 
The overhead one-handed spear thrust is great, but needs some work. It´s very hard to hit anything (specially if your character is tall) and even when you do it rarely does damage at all, even against plain clothes.
 

Petro Buleka

Knight at Arms
WBVCM&BWF&S
I found two bad guys' lair, but the lords of nearby towns do not give me a quest to destroy. So it should be?
I hope I chose the right place that would report it.
7432106.jpg
7425962.jpg
 

Petro Buleka

Knight at Arms
WBVCM&BWF&S
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Those hideout are not compulsery from quest. You can go by your own without any jarl "permision"
:sad:, such quests were a good way to improve your character and NPCs, as well as improve relations with the lords, and now I do not have such a possibility, it's great. Run around the North Sea basin with messages, a great way of improving relations with the lords. :wink:
 

Jesgard Gysson

Petro Buleka said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Those hideout are not compulsery from quest. You can go by your own without any jarl "permision"
:sad:, such quests were a good way to improve your character and NPCs, as well as improve relations with the lords, and now I do not have such a possibility, it's great. Run around the North Sea basin with messages, a great way of improving relations with the lords. :wink:
well it's not anything new, it was already there in warband. Now about starting as a king, it really sucks having your lords hating you without having done anything yet, really anoying when your lords start out with a relation of -28, but i do love howyou start with truces with all of your neighboring countries. Btw, not everyone seems to acknowledge me as king, i can offer my sword in vassalge and i can't send any letters improving factions relationships :s
 

Urban_Viking

Sergeant
Petro Buleka said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Those hideout are not compulsery from quest. You can go by your own without any jarl "permision"
:sad:, such quests were a good way to improve your character and NPCs, as well as improve relations with the lords, and now I do not have such a possibility, it's great. Run around the North Sea basin with messages, a great way of improving relations with the lords. :wink:
Yeah in my longest viking conquest game, there was constantly a hideout in denmark or Frisia and i would destroy that and leave the outlaws so they would make another one. I got to 100 relation with them and slowly leveled up my companions by grinding them.
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Petro Buleka said:
:sad:, such quests were a good way to improve your character and NPCs, as well as improve relations with the lords, and now I do not have such a possibility, it's great. Run around the North Sea basin with messages, a great way of improving relations with the lords. :wink:
lair quest is still there, but as any quest it is not automatic so you need some luck to get it from a lord  and it has a waiting period until you can get another of the same kind  :smile:
 

Asulador

Squire
WBVC
Idibil said:
Usuno said:
Played a few battles today, pleased to say so far my saved game seems to be running smoothly and without issues. The armors look GREAT, and I really appreciate being able to upgrade my shields at a smith.


Could we add a toggle for the ambient battle noises? The "skype call quality" whistling and coughing are sort of breaking immersion. Also, a toggle for the battle wounds/bleedout system wouldn't be unwelcome, even if it only goes back to giving serious wounds when you get knocked out.

We are working on both things... hotfix comming.

Not to be rude but, were the voices(e.g. whistling, coughing, ????) recorded professionally? Seems like the audio weren't corrected, the new audio just totally broke my immersion. It sounded like it were downloaded from 2 different free sfx resource sites and were put into the game without being adjusted to ingame audio output levels.

Any explanation for adding the whistling and that weird cough though?
 

Nashor

Regular
the new story taking place in ireland is a much appreciated content but there is something to be balanced :

the instance when we have to kill all the wolf/bear warriors in morrigan something's place is crushingly difficult as we cant count on the two other cowards "heroes". We should be able to bring more troops into the fray rather than only the companions. I think gathering the maximum  of them companion just for that would be a real nuisance :/ . It would be a real pity to ctrl+alt+F4 this if you see what i mean ^^

the dog feature is funny and has some potential, i hope further improvement will be brought to it. Oh and there is a little bug when my doggy would fell inconscious without any reason when i ask him to follow but it's kinda rare.



 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Jesgard Gysson said:
Now about starting as a king, it really sucks having your lords hating you without having done anything yet, really anoying when your lords start out with a relation of -28, but i do love howyou start with truces with all of your neighboring countries. Btw, not everyone seems to acknowledge me as king, i can offer my sword in vassalge and i can't send any letters improving factions relationships :s

you start with a generic minister. To be able to send emissaries you will need to replace him with a companion or your wife (if you are playing a male character), that will give you extra options.

as a king you can *surrender* your title and become a vassal of another king, joining both kingdoms into one. That is normal and not related to Royal Sandbox.
 

Petro Buleka

Knight at Arms
WBVCM&BWF&S
I am basically satisfied with the new system injuries, but I'd like the opportunity to be included in the options the old system bleeding and war wounds, as it was in Brytenwalda. This system gave more adrenaline in battle and wounds were similar to the injury rather than mosquito bites that heal in 2-3 days.
 

Asulador

Squire
WBVC
As a person who has no prior experience in modding anything nor have any intermediate level of experience for texturing in games, do you have a more detailed instruction for the custom sails?

I have no idea what the #3 step is talking about in the instructions. (BRF changing and setting BRF)
 

Piédalf

Sergeant at Arms
I think it's pretty hard playing as a christian king in reforged. you have little income compared to your wages; you can't take quests from your vassals, many quests from mayors are not profitable because they need to go by sea and you don't have boats and you can only buy a farmstead in your own city since it's hord to improve relations with others. Bartering is not very profitable compared to your wages and you don't have a boat to go fast. Finally, fighting with raiders is not a good option because you loose expensive troops and the bands are very large...
The last options are raiding villages or monasteries, what some companions dislike and make you loose reputation, so note nice for a christian.
If players could have a boat at the very begining, that would make things very easier.
 
Piédalf said:
I think it's pretty hard playing as a christian king in reforged. you have little income compared to your wages; you can't take quests from your vassals, many quests from mayors are not profitable because they need to go by sea and you don't have boats and you can only buy a farmstead in your own city since it's hord to improve relations with others. Bartering is not very profitable compared to your wages and you don't have a boat to go fast.
The last options are raiding villages or monasteries, what some companions dislike and make you loose reputation, so note nice for a christian.

Hi Piedalf,
Do you think it's easier to play has pagan? I think most of those point you said are common from the game, you can alway decrease the level of budget in the camp menu->options.
Piédalf said:
Finally, fighting with raiders is not a good option because you loose expensive troops and the bands are very large...
The main enjoyable point is to fight those filthy vikings! Get the risk! hahahahaha
Piédalf said:
If players could have a boat at the very beginning, that would make things very easier.
Doesn't not going happen. It would be an exploit at the same time that it wouldn't make much sense for someone that spawn in middle of Ireland (for example).
 
Asulador said:
As a person who has no prior experience in modding anything nor have any intermediate level of experience for texturing in games, do you have a more detailed instruction for the custom sails?

I have no idea what the #3 step is talking about in the instructions. (BRF changing and setting BRF)
BRF is short for the modding-tool OpenBRF:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,215.0.html

There you can edit the various *.brf-files in the modules' "resource"-folder.
In one of them, vc_materials.brf, is the "material" of the game's custom stail stored.
There are the settings for the various textures this material uses. And as there are 2 different kinds of "shape" for the sail,
you have to change the "bump" (normalmap - the purple/blue texture) and the "specular" (the greyscaled texture), if you choose
the second type of custom sail. Otherwise the fake-3D-effect and the way the sail reflects light would be wrong.

There are multiple sources of modding-tutorials in this forum, if you aren't familar enough with it, yet.
But easiest way is to stay with the first version of custom sail, the one with stripes, because then you don't have to change the material.
If you want the one with the check-squares, then you will have to apply the mentioned bump and specular in material.
 
Posted this in the other thread, but might as well do it here: Currently the armourers are lacking in their stock. Out of the 4 I've visited, only 1 sold chainmail, and it was only two of it at that. I've found no helmets, gambesons or light armours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom