Vassal system

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow wariors,

At first, I love Bannerlord and I very much like the progress which has been done on EA so far. I would like to suggest one thing. I understand fully that it would be difficult to implement with current format of vassal system but anyway I will write it down.

I would love to see Vassal system deeper then it is currently done. Bannerlord changed the system of appointing of fiefs in comparison to Warband. You now get castle or town with set of villages. I loved in mount and blade that you get only one humble village first and you try to develop it from scratch. I would like to see the vassal system as it really was in medieval era. So you could get a village and become small country noble (i believe thane is correct English title?) and become vassal not of a king but of a lord of a castle. When you grow up ranks you could be awarded castle with your own vassals who would be lords in villages. Consequently barons (castle owners) could be vassals of "dukes", owners of towns + concept of capital - seat of the king. Of course this is not exact recreation of medieval feudal (vassal) system but IMHO it would be reasonable simplification.

Connected with it would be possibility to build and develop your village(s) - up to my dream, small village fort - mott and bailey. and unique buildings for capital city.

I would love to hear opinions on this

So in a nut shell Village improvements?

I don't see why not, they had em in Warband anyways, even if the improvements themselves were kind of...

What would be a good improvement anyways? I mean warbands watchtower and governor mansion were kind of lackluster, but it is just a village, can't amp it up too much.

I think I have an Idea.

At a certain amount of hearths a village has an option to expand.

Then you could build either

A) Secondary Production Facility- Gives Village a secondary specialty
EX: Coastal Village Produced Salt @ 100% production value. Built Fishing Facility, now produces 50% Salt and 50% Fish.

B) Manor- Provides an additional notable to population.

C)Outpost- Spawns a mercenary unit that patrols area around village. Sufficient to take out small bandit units.

I would love to see Vassal system deeper then it is currently done. Bannerlord changed the system of appointing of fiefs in comparison to Warband. You now get castle or town with set of villages. I loved in mount and blade that you get only one humble village first and you try to develop it from scratch

The problem is that in Bannerlord fiefs are not given to individual lords like in Warband, they are given to clans.

So in a nut shell Village improvements?

I don't see why not, they had em in Warband anyways, even if the improvements themselves were kind of...

What would be a good improvement anyways? I mean warbands watchtower and governor mansion were kind of lackluster, but it is just a village, can't amp it up too much.
Well, my intention was to stress the the vassal system. Village improvements are just result of it, because it would be boring if you own a village and cannot do anything there.

I don't see much problem in this...Clan will own a village....not really issue. Or do you see some logic error there?

Well the logic I suspect behind the clans is that Bannerlord have much more lords (including potentially new ones generated in the future by families having children) and much larger number of fiefs compared to Warband. Therefore management by clans was introduced to simplify things. Same thing with fiefs. You don't give individual fiefs to individual lords, you give castles and towns along with their villages to whole clans instead. Groups of fiefs to groups of lords.

I think I have an Idea.

At a certain amount of hearths a village has an option to expand.

Then you could build either

A) Secondary Production Facility- Gives Village a secondary specialty
EX: Coastal Village Produced Salt @ 100% production value. Built Fishing Facility, now produces 50% Salt and 50% Fish.

B) Manor- Provides an additional notable to population.

C)Outpost- Spawns a mercenary unit that patrols area around village. Sufficient to take out small bandit units.
I really like point A)! B,C are quite logical too but I am sure many more ideas could come up from players...

Well, my intention was to stress the the vassal system. Village improvements are just result of it, because it would be boring if you own a village and cannot do anything there.

Vassals were in Warband and they let you do more with it there. I am almost certain there will be more added to it. I'd be shocked if they didn't bring back at least some of the old features.

Not quite what you describe but the Warband mod L'aigle has a rank system, starting right rom the bottom. As an aside, there is a mod I hope makes its way to Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom