Vampire: Bloodlines

Users who are viewing this thread

Bah, done.

As said, none of the theories - or should we say hypotheses - cover all the bases, so it'll always remain a popular discussion topic.

Untitled. said:
Wouldn't
Cain siring the player mean that the player is clanless?
I'm not entirely backed up on the lore of this area.
Well it was Caine that cursed the 3rd generation to have "clans" IIRC, so one could/would think the master/god of Vitae could do the **** he wants with his offspring: even sire a thin blood of new clan or something crazy like that.  :razz:

IIRC, all the ingame stats point towards the player being 8th gen. As for killing off an elder... well, they did break the masquerade merely by siring, so that explains the executions. Plus LaCroix isn't exactly the type that likes having challenges to his power, so of course he'd find any excuse to... eliminate those that are close to his power.

It's partially that and the fact that you are a testament to not everyone bowing to him (courtesy of Nines) that he constantly sends you on suicide missions as well

What it ultimately comes down to is this, the game can either be extremely high budget, or allow you to access your full range of powers in a very short in-game time span.

Unfortunately, most game studios can't afford to have a game large to adequately cover the hundreds of years it should take you to grow in power.

Jhessail said:
If I remember correctly, the player character gets powers far too quickly for him/her to be 8th generation.

I think it was the blood pool and such things that line up with the stats in the rulebook. The quickness of gaining powers can be chalked to the experience earned during said suicide missions earlier. At least, that's my take on it

Yeah if you go by the rules generation has no effect on how much XP you get and powers cost the same for everyone IIRC. There are just generation caps on tiers of powers. But I wouldn't really go by blood-pool size when determining generation, since the game is nowhere near a direct translation of the rules.

Not a direct translation, but very obviously inspired from those rules. Plus it kinda explains why everyone was wanting you in their corner. It's not every day that a relatively low generation vamp is as "naive" and ignorant of the politics as the player character comes up, is it?

It used the ruleset as much as possible. Troika devs have always been fans of P&P rulesets, as it makes creating an RPG much easier - pretty much every P&P ruleset has been tested far more thoroughly than any system just made for a computer game. They wanted to use GURPS for Fallout and SPECIAL still bears some resemblance to GURPS.

Am i the only one who think the playable Malkavian is a ''Fishmalk''?
His clothing choice and **** (Fur coat with colorful top hat).

The way they talk isn't the way of a mad man/woman.

I really think they ****ed the Malkavian clan over in the game.
Only negative thing i found in the game so far.

What would be his ''Mental Illness'' beside Histrionic personality disorder.

I think a crazy character has to be a bit overkill to come off as a crazy character especially when the only way to portray it is through clothing and lines of text based dialog.

They could have given him darker themed clothings.
Maybe a mask or some ****.

A fur coat and red and white top hat is anti climatic and is really what a ''Fishmalk'' would wear.

Yeah and they could have given the nosferatu something other than an assortment of SM clothes that are a bunch very anti-climatic ****. But they didn't.

It would be one of my favorite action rpgs too if it wasnt so repetitive.
Some of the levels in the beginning offer alternative routes but after you get to downtown they're pretty much corridors that you have to wade through, over and over again.
Everytime I think about replaying it I get a flashback of those straightforward corridors with flesh sculptures and I change my mind pretty quickly.

I admit its a bit repetitive but its one of the few that don't bother me in its repetitiveness.

Sure it would be more fun if it was less so.
Its still pure fun in its current form, at least for me.

One stealth-unarmed playthrough, one with firearms, one with melee and that's about it. After that, you need to take a break for few years so you forget some of the details - at least that's how it works for me.

Interesting, the first time I played, I didn't do any of those. I used pretty much nothing but blood magic and occasionally the Glock. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom