[V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

jasonxfri13th said:
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
There should be a limit on faith troops and nobles. Either for faith troops have it limited by faith OR by the number of temples or the number of temples and monestaries and shrines. And for nobles it should be limited by the number knight chapters. OR you could have everything limited by the number of castles, villages, and towns your empire has.

Being able to have unlimited Faith troops and nobles makes the game a lot easier.

As long as I can produce a couple hundred of each I wouldn't mind your suggestion. I don't normally like limitations like that being implemented...but a system like that could make things more interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the faith troops upgrade just like other troops do...that notification deal can get old when you have a lot going on already.

Sir Garon said:
jasonxfri13th said:
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
There should be a limit on faith troops and nobles. Either for faith troops have it limited by faith OR by the number of temples or the number of temples and monestaries and shrines. And for nobles it should be limited by the number knight chapters. OR you could have everything limited by the number of castles, villages, and towns your empire has.

Being able to have unlimited Faith troops and nobles makes the game a lot easier.

As long as I can produce a couple hundred of each I wouldn't mind your suggestion. I don't normally like limitations like that being implemented...but a system like that could make things more interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the faith troops upgrade just like the knights do...that notification deal can get old when you have a lot going on already.
Could be an automatic thing for faith troops upgrading, rather than a dialog with them (i.e. once they have enough XP, they just have a random chance to become their * variant, but until then, they don't on their own ever do so).  So no dialog, just a "some of your troops are ready for upgrade" at some point...?

vonmistont said:
Requirements will not be removed, simple robe, shoes and horse will be added however to prevent starting as naked, barefoot footman hero.
I don't understand what the problem with removing the requirements is. It's not like first tier noble armor is uber in any way but looks. It's nice looking like your Troops at the very start, reverting to robes and shoes just seems boring.

Mordachai said:
Sir Garon said:
jasonxfri13th said:
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:

I wouldn't mind seeing the faith troops upgrade just like the knights do...that notification deal can get old when you have a lot going on already.
Could be an automatic thing for faith troops upgrading, rather than a dialog with them (i.e. once they have enough XP, they just have a random chance to become their * variant, but until then, they don't on their own ever do so).  So no dialog, just a "some of your troops are ready for upgrade" at some point...?
It should AUTOMATICALLY turn a top tier noble into a faith troop and just tell you that one of your troops is ready to become a faith troop in the bottom right corner.

To change the amount of xp lords and castles get go to this post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1267952.html#msg1267952
Maybe you should change the chance of getting XP up to 75 and maybe change the 500 to 750 or 1000. We would be seeing some pretty powerful armies, and fiefs should have a 30-50% chance of getting 5,000 XP.
I think over time you would be seeing a LOT more high tier troops, plus this is save game compatible.

Mordachai said:
Grey_Ghost said:
Wait, so with 10 leadership I won't pay a single piece of gold for my troops?
Hmm... perhaps that needs to be nerfed to 9%.  Then best case is a 90% reduction...
I imported my guy with 10 leadership, apparently even with 100% cost reduction, there is still a minimum cost of 1 denar per troop.

I didn't notice that at first. Native 50% reduction for leadership is good enough. With Leadership giving now 10 party size limit instead of 5 it is too good skill anyway.

vonmistont said:
I didn't notice that at first. Native 50% reduction for leadership is good enough. With Leadership giving now 10 party size limit instead of 5 it is too good skill anyway.
Personally, I think there should be no reduction. That would make the game pretty easy, but I guess without a new loot system it is okay.

Another question, can we have more than 20 lords as currently it is capped to this limit
For when we eliminate factions, the old factions lords would be recruited by the remaining ones except ourselves.
In case there will be only Imperial and ourselves left, then
We're heading to the possibility of 80 centurions + 20 lords per faction x5 = 180 Lords (if you run out of prison capacity or don't rely on that strategy)
A bit too much, no.
If feasible, perhaps thinking a way to make intervene persuasion skill more important for such case or other requirement, and the new recruited lord will either have the choice of produce new motherland troop or still having its original faction' troop, can it be altered also?

I would like to implement something where you can invite lords into your kingdom.  Maybe you need to offer them some fief incentive, or cash, or something, and have all of that be modified by your honor and your relationship, of course.

By the same logic, it should be possible for your lords to occasionally defect to another kingdom...  :twisted:

Something along those lines...

Mordachai said:
I would like to implement something where you can invite lords into your kingdom.  Maybe you need to offer them some fief incentive, or cash, or something, and have all of that be modified by your honor and your relationship, of course.

By the same logic, it should be possible for your lords to occasionally defect to another kingdom...  :twisted:

Something along those lines...
When do you expect to include the auxiliary mod?
I finally defeated the Legion and I am going to start a new game, but I would like to have 4.1 and the auxiliary mod.
I am playing Lords and Realms while I wait...

It should AUTOMATICALLY turn a top tier noble into a faith troop and just tell you that one of your troops is ready to become a faith troop in the bottom right corner.

I would rather have the option to upgrade or keep them as a knight. Just without the interruption during game-play. They are expensive...and you may not have the money at the time.

Mordachai said:
Grey_Ghost said:
Wait, so with 10 leadership I won't pay a single piece of gold for my troops?
Hmm... perhaps that needs to be nerfed to 9%.  Then best case is a 90% reduction...
I just tested it with a 10 leadership character, and so far all my units cost 1 denar each, regardless of tier. I've never gotten a 10 leadership character normally, but nonetheless, I think it's a good idea to nerf it to 9%.

Grey_Ghost said:
For some reason, my Villian shooting range is garrisoning Antarian Javelinmen... bug?
I noticed this with both Villianese and Adenians. Have yet to test with others.

Bobbus said:
Grey_Ghost said:
For some reason, my Villian shooting range is garrisoning Antarian Javelinmen... bug?
I have around 10 villainese practice ranges and I have not had that problem, maybe it is only with 4.1

vonmistont said:

I agree. Being able to zerg-rush with a dogpile of high-troop capacity Regiments is already a crazy enough power boost from the skill. Absolutely nothing higher than 7% per Leadership, I say.

10 to party size also feels like too much, as this mod lets you rapidly rack up renown like some kind of blood-soaked celebrity debutante. It'd be fine to take that down to 7 slots per Leadership. Nya, whaddyasay, whaddyasay? :wink:

I imagine that will change when the spear wall is made available for use in other mods. It's one of the best features in NE, and once it's free of bugs, it'll be a big boost for spears, pikes and halberds everywhere.  :grin:

What happened to the "Upgrade 5 Troops" & "Upgrade 1 Troop" options at the Marshall? I used those quite a bit, mainly the 1 troop option.
EDIT: That was odd, all the sudden those options came back, but they definitely were absent for quite a while.
jasonxfri13th said:
Bobbus said:
Grey_Ghost said:
I have around 10 villainese practice ranges and I have not had that problem, maybe it is only with 4.1
Well, this is the 4.1 thread after all. I hope there is a save game compatible fix for this, otherwise I think I will have to stop playing or try relying on non Villian range units more than I care to. I have a serious recruitment problem right now (Villian troops wise)

Back
Top Bottom