Víkingr: Shieldwall Event (CLOSED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great. Nordmenn was just sucking, but the feeling on this event was just great. I am waiting for the next Shieldwall event and for the Battle of Eoferwic of course. Thanks for playing!

Shieldwall Event

I'd like to thank everyone who attended tonight's Shieldwall Event! I feel this event was another success, but please either post here or send me some feedback, folks! This is still all WIP!

For the next Shieldwall Event, 4/8/13, we are looking for Leaders for both teams. If you wish to be a Leader PM one of the admins and the reasons you should be chosen.

We've been there before, it doesn't work out so well. After a few months most tire of the repetition, especially with such a small player base. It's better to hold it once a month right now.

No way.

That is the reason the old Shieldwall Event stopped. It was to repetitive and became stale. So the first Sunday of every month is what we intend for this time around.

Thank you, Celtic, for taking on the main responsibility and most of the work! Thank you, Rackio, for letting us use your server. Thanks to all who attended! Cheers for many a successful event to come!

Hi
My first time on this forum! Today i tried out this awesome Vikingr mod!, it was friggin awesome! But then my game crashed for some reason and i couldn't find the server again.
So my first question is if it's impossible to join again if you were dropped from the server?
I also got a error in teamspeak - insufficient permissions, so i couldn't ask anyone for help (my first time on TS too!)
If anyone can help me just make it clear if they know it would be nice! I so wan to be part of the next Vikingr event!

Thanks to all put efforts on the realization of this event! Was a success, a lot of people joined and I think we had good battles... battles that Engles just dominated kicking Vikings arses all the even long (sigh!).

In my opinion archers made a lot of difference tonight, but let's see what admins think about it!

Can't wait for the next event! Well done and congratulations to Engle Army that proved again how its shieldwall is the most powerfull of the mod!

P.S.: because of a thunderstorm over my town, I suffered a power failure that cutted out the electricity in my flat. When I joined again both TS and game, everybody quitted or were quitting, so I only wanted to say bye all! :grin:

That was tons of fun. Thanks to Celtic, Þorkell, Rackio and everyone else who made this possible!

I felt things ran rather smoothly this time, and I can't think of any issues worth mentioning, which is a good sign.

Cool event and well directed by the leaders.

I noticed that the Engle were walking (shift button), but we on the viking team did not. This would have made it easier to hold the formation.

Grrr, I hate it when we're ordered to walk. 1.143 lacks a walk toggle, the key can't be rebound and I'm left handed, so all my controls are on the right side of the keyboard. While everyone else walks all martial and cool-looking, I have to do short, awkward runs to stay in formation.

C_Ronin_Rico said:
Can't wait for the next event! Well done and congratulations to Engle Army that proved again how its shieldwall is the most powerfull of the mod!

I'm really curious how Rus or Normant would do...

hrotha said:
Grrr, I hate it when we're ordered to walk. 1.143 lacks a walk toggle, the key can't be rebound and I'm left handed, so all my controls are on the right side of the keyboard. While everyone else walks all martial and cool-looking, I have to do short, awkward runs to stay in formation.
I am righthanded, controls at the left side of the keybord, mouse at the right hand. But I don't use shift button and I don't walk. I prefer running. And I don't have any problems.

Maybe Vikings vs Normans or Engle vs Normans or Rus vs Vikings next time?

The event was quite fun, though it would be nice to see archers taken out of the next one. There were also quite a few lone wolves who totally abandoned the formations and started stabbing everyone in the back which didn't half kill the immersion and the fun. Eirikur mentioned to me that there was a thought of putting an admin in spec for the next one, if so I'd be willing to be that guy (don't worry I won't ban anyone :razz: or maybe I will). I'll add you both on Steam, Þorkell and Celtic to talk it over if you so wish.

Yes, archers are still an issue. We may, for experimental purposes, take archer out of the next Event and see how everyone enjoys that, or doesn't as the case may be. To those shouts for other factions; yes, other factions and other game types will be added and played out, eventually. You need to remember while this is a reincarnation of the old Víkingr Shieldwall Event, this is still a WIP and we cannot add too many variable right now. But, rest assured things will be thrown into the mix at some point.

As for flankers and folk leaving the formation. Yes, that did happen alot. We did kick one person and tell off many others. Next time, the leash will be shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom