Upgrading Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Recently I've just upgraded from vista to window's 7 and i copied all of my games into my portable hard drive. So after the new patch came out i downloaded the patch but when i try to install it, it says that war band is not installed onto my computer. Is there anyway to fix this?

Upgrade it piece by piece from the first installation file you have, like you did before you upgraded. For instance ".613 setup > .500 to .650 upgrade > .650 to .7xx upgrade > .7xx to .800".

Only if he has to download them. If he has them saved somewhere it would just be 1-2-3. It doesn't take long to install. If not, then yeah, download the full installer.

superhit1000 said:
Is there any other way instead of downloading the whole installer all over again?

Ok, here's the deal. Installers don't simply put all the files where they should be. They also register information on Windows, so that Windows know it is there and how to deal with it.

You simply have the files, so windows don't even know it exists as a program. The patch installer asks windows "is Warband installed?" and Windows will answer "never heard of it".

So you need the installer or manually insert everything into registry(not a good idea for someone with your computer expertise as you may break a looooooot of stuff)

Back
Top Bottom