Upgrading troops while in sieges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chinta Kari

Veteran
I didn't bothered to suggest it before because I thought it would be too obvious an improvement to make, but as new versions are being released, I wonder.

And I am not sure if it is a bug or a suggestion. I find it more a bug, but anyway.

If you are on a siege, and "build ladder/siege tower" or "wait until tomorrow", you can't access the party menu to upgrade troops that have reached the next level due to the party training skill.

Specially when I set a party specially focused on training troops quickly, I find it annoying that you need to leave the siege or stop building stuff  before you can upgrade your troops (or am I too stupid and don't get how to do it otherwise?).

I don't know of any way to do it without breaking the siege, which is a little bit annoying. I think its because the siege screen acts like the town or castle menu screen where you can't access any other menu, and seeing the only way to leave that screen is to attack(can you upgrade troops when attacking I've never tried) or abandon siege you don't have much choice. The other option is don't start a siege until you are ready(so you don't wait a day) and the time to build the siege equipment won't take you past midnight.

It is a relief to know that the problem is not that I am a complete moron. =)

Ladders don't take much to be built and, as you suggest, most of the times I can afford a few hours of waiting to time the construction in the morning, although in this way, I have to attack during the Dusk, what I don't really like in sieges, as it is harder to see the enemy troops on the walls (range attacks).

On the other hand, siege towers, with 6 in engineering skill, takes about 3 days with its suns and its moons to be completed. That, for a train skill based party, means a LOT.

I guess this can be fixed very easily.

Well, first of all, this is supposed to be in the suggestion forum, not the bug forum.

Second, you can abandon the siege and re-enter the siege before they can replenish their food.

Synapsis said:
But you still need to rebuild any siege equipment you built.

Exactly, who cares about the food? I want to kill them all anyway. If you read the thread you will see that the pain in the assness comes when you need to start again rebuilding the tower or ladder after upgrading. That, or to waste precious upgraded troops that could in theory join the assault but, due to this flow of the design (which I see as a bug), need to join the battle in their non-upgraded form.

DaRkeRzIYn said:
Synapsis said:
But you still need to rebuild any siege equipment you built.

this is only the way of upgrading ....

So it seems.

But on the other hand, if you take for example the village mission of training peasant against bandits raids, or the one about collecting taxes, it is actually possible to stop the training/collecting of taxes, then upgrade the troops, and then to go on training/collecting taxes from where you were before stopping, without needing to start again from zero.

The case of sieges is someting that could/should be tuned better (like khergit troops spawnig inside structures and buildings and having to fight through walls).

I'd love a way to access the party menu while in sieges - or better yet, not have siege equipment dismantle itself as soon as I break the siege..

This is what I'm seeing: You make a suggestion. Others agree. You are informed that you are not on the suggestions board. You take this as a signal of some sort to spew out more suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom