Update on ad1257 0.97v.

Users who are viewing this thread

it is true,the development version will be not supported anymore after the release.Also will be last release of 1257ad with maybe one or two small patches

So are you saying that this will be the last (except for few patches) of 1257 AD. If this is the end then thank you for all the hard work you exceptional individuals have put into this mod; you truly have turned a ok game into a masterpiece.

It makes me a little sad, that it comes to an end. But anyway thanks guys, you've made a
lot of people happy (at least for the time they're playing).

kuauik said:
it is true,the development version will be not supported anymore after the release.Also will be last release of 1257ad with maybe one or two small patches

So it's goodbye and farewell?.. Sigh!
But I'm pretty sure that even without more development this mod will be keeped as reference for judging the quality of many other mods (just like it's now, even in dev version).
I've played many great mods, but yours is the more addictive of all!!

This release will be the major release of the mod. The following versions will be mainly polishing and patching. However, while the development is almost done, there still some things I like to code in before the final version.

- The subversion will continue. But there is a possibility that current subversion will either have to be rested or a new subversion will have to be started. This is for technical reasons(as in we might run out of free space on the current repository).
- The later versions will probably be released to subversion users first for testing and feedback before getting out a patch as a standalone release.
- The end of the development for this mod is coming to an end soon(I say - a few months). As we(or at-least I am) loosing interest in modding and the game it self.

Oh, I can't wait anymore new revision  :oops:

I don't play any game on PC because continue to wait your version :smile:

DrTomas said:
- The end of the development for this mod is coming to an end soon(I say - a few months). As we(or at-least I am) loosing interest in modding and the game it self.
Thanks man for your great job and all who's help you.One question - do you find successor,or maybe know who's can continue this mod?

DrTomas said:
This release will be the major release of the mod. The following versions will be mainly polishing and patching. However, while the development is almost done, there still some things I like to code in before the final version.

- The subversion will continue. But there is a possibility that current subversion will either have to be rested or a new subversion will have to be started. This is for technical reasons(as in we might run out of free space on the current repository).
- The later versions will probably be released to subversion users first for testing and feedback before getting out a patch as a standalone release.
Great many thanks to you and the team for making us dream a dream so close to reality ... I'm anxious to test the new improvements. And I must admit to have learned a lot for example that the lance recruitment works better and one time you have used it is annoying getting back to native... :wink:

I only tried 3-7 mods, but it doesn't matter, because after i played 1257, I'm no longer in the mood to try something else! Thank you for the great job you have done. I'm glad that you will offer a complete pach but I'm sad that you will stop.

semigall said:
Thanks man for your great job and all who's help you.One question - do you find successor,or maybe know who's can continue this mod?

I did not think about that, nor did we discussed this among ourself. The mod source will not be released to public, not yet at least. As there where too many people who had tried to claim the mod as there own. As for successor, perhaps. But he has to have coding skills (at-least semi-professional level), be strict regarding on historical authenticity and he should be related to the mod and it's development.

But it's a bit too soon to talk about all that, when the king(as in ME!) still lives, eh? :razz:

>How do you feel about Dr.Thomas?

>Dr.Thomas? Long may he live!

Erhm, anyway. Still waiting, and waiting.. for the final Thursday.

I love this mod! It's like a NEW game itself! THIS should be marked as one of the TOP mod projects in Video Gaming scene! Respect to you guys, you MADE history!
I only fear, that when new Mount & Patches are coming out we still can play this MASTERPIECE?

Long lives the KING!

I bet the mod will be ready on a Friday and just because of you guys' running gag you'll have to wait another six days.  :razz:

Cuthalion said:
I bet the mod will be ready on a Friday and just because of you guys' running gag you'll have to wait another six days.  :razz:
Please don't tell me so because I'm just holding my breath. I trust this time is for real. I know it's not easy and they've done so much. They're a beat late because they needed to compleat some thinks before this release. Obviously they have to take their time to do their best...but it would be so cool if it was really tomorrow.... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom