Unusual AI behavior on capturing rebel settlement as independent kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

So I didn't have enough time to complete the Dragon banner quest, but it didn't bother me too much because I got to tier 4 as a clan. I decided to wait for a settlement to rebel from one of the factions, then I would take it and declare my own kingdom. It worked, and I didn't upset anyone. But now nobody declares war on me, they even drop off their own prisoners in my dungeon for me to ransom haha, very kind of them. I'm going to assume this shouldn't be happening, but still it's rather interesting, my tiny kingdom of Onira and it's three surrounding villages is a sea of calm as every other village around it gets burnt as the other factions fight amongst themselves.

Has anyone else had this happen? Or what should the AI actually be doing?

But are you a kingdom or an independant clan?

After capturing the town you have to click on the create kingdom button otherwise you are just and independent clan and no one can declare the war to you (strange mechanic if you ask me but probably is ther to give some time to the player to prepare against main powers).

If you are already a true kingdom then I guess that it is a matter of time, AI tries to be fighting just one front at same time so maybe as soon as they agree to finish they current war it might be your turn.

So I didn't have enough time to complete the Dragon banner quest, but it didn't bother me too much because I got to tier 4 as a clan. I decided to wait for a settlement to rebel from one of the factions, then I would take it and declare my own kingdom. It worked, and I didn't upset anyone. But now nobody declares war on me, they even drop off their own prisoners in my dungeon for me to ransom haha, very kind of them. I'm going to assume this shouldn't be happening, but still it's rather interesting, my tiny kingdom of Onira and it's three surrounding villages is a sea of calm as every other village around it gets burnt as the other factions fight amongst themselves.

Has anyone else had this happen? Or what should the AI actually be doing?

If you're an independant fief-owning clan that **didn't** form a kingdom, then you'll be at permanent peace unless/until you start a war with a faction.

But are you a kingdom or an independant clan?

After capturing the town you have to click on the create kingdom button otherwise you are just and independent clan and no one can declare the war to you (strange mechanic if you ask me but probably is ther to give some time to the player to prepare against main powers).

If you are already a true kingdom then I guess that it is a matter of time, AI tries to be fighting just one front at same time so maybe as soon as they agree to finish they current war it might be your turn.

Still doesen't explain why the AI drops of prisoners, right?

I assume it's because the AI is cgecjing to see if you belong to a foreign kingdom before dropping off prisoners at your prison... and you don't belong to a foreign kingdom.

:wink: So, yeah, it's a bug.

I assume it's because the AI is cgecjing to see if you belong to a foreign kingdom before dropping off prisoners at your prison... and you don't belong to a foreign kingdom.

:wink: So, yeah, it's a bug.

Or a feature! You are a neutral party like the Swiss!

True, and as curiosity in my game I am an independat clan with two towns and one castle and I realized that that I have the same issue. I found in my dungeon a mercenary lord which is not at war with me.

they even drop off their own prisoners in my dungeon for me to ransom haha
This is and has been completely normal AI behavior since launch. They put prisoners in nearest non-hostile prison at the first chance they get, often buying some food killing 2 birds with 1 stone. You can come home to 1/2 a faction sitting in your prison, take em out and ransom them on the spot. Sadly you have no option to get relation by freeing them, you can 'discard' them in the party menu but you get nothing.

Your stupid clan parties will do it too :razz: If you ever lead an army make sure to go to your own town first after a big battle :smile:

This is and has been completely normal AI behavior since launch. They put prisoners in nearest non-hostile prison at the first chance they get, often buying some food killing 2 birds with 1 stone. You can come home to 1/2 a faction sitting in your prison, take em out and ransom them on the spot. Sadly you have no option to get relation by freeing them, you can 'discard' them in the party menu but you get nothing.

Your stupid clan parties will do it too :razz: If you ever lead an army make sure to go to your own town first after a big battle :smile:

Hmm, this feels like a "feature" that shouldn't be there haha! I mean how crazy would that be in the real medieval world?

Back
Top Bottom