Unpopular opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

a_ver_est

Knight at Arms
Probably not many people will share my feelings but anyway:

- Early game is almost non existent:

In one or two hours of playing you can easily get married, set you wife as quartedmaster and you will have around 100 men party limit. You can recruit 50 warriors train them to tier 3-4 and join a faction to engage weakest enemy's parties. Selling the loot of this battles will allow to max your party and pay the wages. The effort to become a medium powered lord is minimal. You don't need to grow your renown, set an economy base, etc

- Player's Clan is overpowered:

NPC clans have around 6 members, player's clan can have in few time the player himself, his wife, his brother, brother's wife + 3 companions. total 7, but in short time you will have your younger brother, his wife and your sister plus more companions as clan tier goes up.

- Wife/husband equipment doesn't make sense:

So I married with a lady of a poor clan and she have a 100k worth helmet and a noble bow, ough! Expensive equipment should be wear by rich clans, and non shield maiden females shouldn't have expensive weapons/armor. It is exploited by players as money income, and now that you can marry your family members this exploit is worse damaging even more the early game experience.

- Marriage should be harder:

Probably this is not really an unpopular opinion and many people may agree. It is totally non sense that you can marry with the kings daughter being a poor and unknown lord. Also for your family members.

- I don't dislike tournaments rewards.

Medium tier item is fine, it helps you at the game start. IMHO expensive items rewards will become an exploit to earn easy money like selling your wife gear right now.

- I love the economy system:

For sure is not finished and unbalanced right now, but I love the way that everything is interconnected... if TW is able to finally tune it, it will provide a great tool to enjoy the game. And yes!! I agree that it requires a lot of work yet...

Feedback welcome :smile:

I agree with most things here. The early game was helped out with the added quest variety, but its just way too easy to get to clan tier 3 an walk around with a 150 stack. Tournaments are fine but it would be cool if there were higher tiers of rewards (and difficulty).

Nothing here is unpopular; I would like better courting mechanics. I think warbands one was better and encouraged a longer process. Also if you marry someone into your clan perhaps they should have their armour and weapon removed.... it is a little bit too easy to just use them to grab some free gear.

Game for me is partially "over" when I'm at a huge stack of t5 units because then you can just f1 f3 anything onward and win even on realistic settings. I think the game would really benefit from removing recruit-tier units.

In one or two hours of playing you can easily get married, set you wife as quartedmaster and you will have around 100 men party limit. You can recruit 50 warriors train them to tier 3-4 and join a faction to engage weakest enemy's parties. Selling the loot of this battles will allow to max your party and pay the wages. The effort to become a medium powered lord is minimal. You don't need to grow your renown, set an economy base, etc
Agreed it becomes very apparent when there are long breaks in wars.

NPC clans have around 6 members, player's clan can have in few time the player himself, his wife, his brother, brother's wife + 3 companions. total 7, but in short time you will have your younger brother, his wife and your sister plus more companions as clan tier goes up.
It is a bit but it was much worse in WB because you could have 10-12 companions and a wife and you really didn't need to recruit any lords to after your kingdom was well established. So I'm ok with the player's clan being a bit OP.

So I married with a lady of a poor clan and she have a 100k worth helmet and a noble bow, ough! Expensive equipment should be wear by rich clans, and non shield maiden females shouldn't have expensive weapons/armor. It is exploited by players as money income, and now that you can marry your family members this exploit is worse damaging even more the early game experience.
I agree with this but if players can't swap equipment with spouses then it's a bigger issue. The only solution I can see would be to give lords/ladys who are eligible to be married worse equipment but that could lead to other issues. I understand why players do it but it's something I don't care for myself. But if TW made it so players could get good equipment before the heat death of the universe then players wouldn't abuse it so much.

Probably this is not really an unpopular opinion and many people may agree. It is totally non sense that you can marry with the kings daughter being a poor and unknown lord. Also for your family members.
Atm marriage is underwhelming to say the least. It feels half baked and I'm hoping it's just a placeholder because it adds nothing to the game except being able to produce offspring. Idk if TW plans to do anything with marriage, but even if they do something along the lines of what Warband did that would be better than what we have now.

Medium tier item is fine, it helps you at the game start. IMHO expensive items rewards will become an exploit to earn easy money like selling your wife gear right now.
Imho the biggest issue with tournaments is first they're too easy with any kind of skill you can win most tournaments without too much difficulty. Second they should either be much rarer or have a weekly tournament that offers lower grade equipment and a grand tournament that is held much less often with better prizes.

Marriage is to hard, do you know how many loads I must do before get the right answers to get a decent armor?

None of these are unpopular opinions. If you want an actual unpopular opinion: TW should have buried the difficulty settings behind two or three layers of options and defaulted them to the easiest, because that is how most people have fun.

For sure is not finished and unbalanced right now, but I love the way that everything is interconnected... if TW is able to finally tune it, it will provide a great tool to enjoy the game. And yes!! I agree that it requires a lot of work yet...

oh boy. You are new to the forum, aren't you?

Anyway, I disagree with anything you say about marriage until they fix high tier gear never showing up anywhere.

I think warbands one was better and encouraged a longer process.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, They should add something transparent and reasonable and fun to marriage, but warband is not an example of that: For male it was either you keep dedicating tournaments, maybe read a pome and BOOM done, OR if you don't win tournaments or her personality doesn't support that it's a ****ing time wasting nightmare of waiting around and running back and forth to get the +1s up to the marriage number.
Or waste points on persuasion to bring down the relation requirement. And if female..... just ask them until you find a guy who will marry you (and has a castle), if you're smart you try for a good natured one, but anyone with a castle could do. However female had no means of swaying a male over if they weren't one of the few determined to be marriable by female player.

Unpopular opinion: I want heart meters and present giving and dum stuff like that to fill up the love gauge! However I absolutely don't want any random % dialogue like they tried to do in EA. I want to know, either by a menu or npc telling me "they like this" or "this guy is your rival" or "you're not good enough for her" "her family hates you".

one more thing to add to the list

please change the loot system. its a huge pain to sell loots after battle. and whats the point of selling dead man's cloth. cant you just present my loot in terms of gold and a very few decent items that players might actually keep? Besides, the loot from battle is imbalance, you easily make milions, whats the point of me trading across the map for some change money.

Warband courtship felt too long and repetitive and Bannerlord feels way too short.
The marriage thing is a pretty easy fix that I can see. They just need to add longer cooldowns between the courtship steps.

So here is how it would look:
Introduction (generic-immediate) - wait 7 days,
Announce intent to court - wait 7 days,
"First date" occurs with a dialogue check and provided you pass - wait 7 days,
"Final date" another dialogue check and provided you pass - wait 7 days,
Ask father (or eldest male in her clan if he's deceased or never existed) for her hand (could be a renown check) and pay dowry - wait 7 days,
marriage.

That would constitute over a year of courtship in game. The numbers could be adjusted too like adding another date, but lowering the cooldown between dates.

- Early game is decent in my view, while late game is what I find really boring.
- Player's Clan is actually pretty overpowered for many reasons. Not sure why we can form 4 parties while other clans just 3.
- Well, husband equipment is not really the problem, the problem IMO is that the equipment is insanely overpriced. Why a Banner Knight King can get the best possible equipment and not a land owner clan's member?
- Marriage should be much harder, especially with strongest clans' members.
- Not much to say about tournament's rewards.
- Me too, economy system is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom