Unpopular opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

More like popular opinions lol.

It's good you pointed these out.Got me thinking about how many ways I just restrain myself in the game to not abuse it, like I let the wife keep her equipment, and also don't look for the fastest way to get to tier 3, so I get to have a longer early game.

Unfortunately or fortunately, the only way to acquire quality weapons or armor is through marriage, there is no other intention or advantage, we do not enter the bride's family, we do not acquire any other property or status through marriage, so the shortened it is the process the better. The characters have no brain, no personality, nothing, last game I betrayed and behead Ira mother, the empress, and she remains a happy wife.

Quickly reaching midgame allows player to mostly ignore the lack of substance. There is nothing other than fighting and preparing for fighting between wars. The real thing holding player back early game is lacking a fief to pay troop costs. Once you have that you are solidly in the midgame until one or two factions roll the others.
Unfortunately or fortunately, the only way to acquire quality weapons or armor is through marriage, there is no other intention or advantage, we do not enter the bride's family, we do not acquire any other property or status through marriage, so the shortened it is the process the better. The characters have no brain, no personality, nothing, last game I betrayed and behead Ira mother, the empress, and she remains a happy wife.

This. Early game should involve relation building with smaller clans, marriage for alliance, increasing small military force with more narrative. Midgame should be faction level and more quests related to building up first fief. Late game world conquest, civ and legacy building. Transition to midgame feels rather unrewarding.

Its just going to take lot more time and willingness from TW to add required depth. Not sure I see that happening to satisfactory level. Maybe in year or two. Wait to see.

As I have said time and time again: you should not be able to marry anyone without being at least tier 3 and paying out a large sum of money.
Yea, I think as a random guy, to marry a lord's daughter you should definitely pay a lot. (Maybe price be reduced by every clan tier you gain by 20%, eventually not having to pay anymore because of your renown). As a lady I'd think you'd have to pay less, maybe the guy even pay you, lol.

Maybe if you try to marry in a lower tier clan, you would have to pay less, but for higher tier royalties you would have to pay more. I'd like such a system.

As I have said time and time again: you should not be able to marry anyone without being at least tier 3 and paying out a large sum of money.
That would cause problems with children. Not that they matter right now anyway. The game is probably over before they get 18 even with an early marriage. But let´s imagine TW got something up their sleeve and make heirs important, then a late marriage could be problem.

Game for me is partially "over" when I'm at a huge stack of t5 units because then you can just f1 f3 anything onward and win even on realistic settings. I think the game would really benefit from removing recruit-tier units.

Volunteer Uptier and Lord Retinue Uptier mods solve this issue, they are in optional files category but they actually work as standalone mods even without RBM: Realistic Battle Mod at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community

Nah i think that just punishes players who want to take things slowly.

I think marriage should be revamped at first, the only good addition in bannerlord is the dowry part and it's the only one to marriage besides the speech-check lol, there should be a courting mini-game like in warband or atleast something new more indepth.

Medieval society was very divided into social classes so to simulate this they could make that unless you are marrying someone from a clan at your tier or lower you would face heavy resistance and even if allowed (very good relations, charm, luck at speech-checks etc) would have to pay a higher dowry to compensate.

If you took some renown hit for marrying lower than your tier it would balance aswell the player just wanting an easier option (is it worth the renown hit?) and there could be an option to marry companions aswell if you just want to produce offspring at once (no new companion with potentially good skills, maybe some more aristocratic nobles disliking you marrying a commoner giving you a relationship hit with their clan and things like that)

Probably not many people will share my feelings but anyway:

- Early game is almost non existent:

In one or two hours of playing you can easily get married, set you wife as quartedmaster and you will have around 100 men party limit. You can recruit 50 warriors train them to tier 3-4 and join a faction to engage weakest enemy's parties. Selling the loot of this battles will allow to max your party and pay the wages. The effort to become a medium powered lord is minimal. You don't need to grow your renown, set an economy base, etc

- Player's Clan is overpowered:

NPC clans have around 6 members, player's clan can have in few time the player himself, his wife, his brother, brother's wife + 3 companions. total 7, but in short time you will have your younger brother, his wife and your sister plus more companions as clan tier goes up.

- Wife/husband equipment doesn't make sense:

So I married with a lady of a poor clan and she have a 100k worth helmet and a noble bow, ough! Expensive equipment should be wear by rich clans, and non shield maiden females shouldn't have expensive weapons/armor. It is exploited by players as money income, and now that you can marry your family members this exploit is worse damaging even more the early game experience.

- Marriage should be harder:

Probably this is not really an unpopular opinion and many people may agree. It is totally non sense that you can marry with the kings daughter being a poor and unknown lord. Also for your family members.

- I don't dislike tournaments rewards.

Medium tier item is fine, it helps you at the game start. IMHO expensive items rewards will become an exploit to earn easy money like selling your wife gear right now.

- I love the economy system:

For sure is not finished and unbalanced right now, but I love the way that everything is interconnected... if TW is able to finally tune it, it will provide a great tool to enjoy the game. And yes!! I agree that it requires a lot of work yet...

Feedback welcome :smile:
Marrage is hard I have to save and retry at least ten time. maybe I just dont get it.. money is hard to earn. I am a prisioner more then a soldier. but I love the game. and keep playing it.

Instead of improving the marriage system, it has become less immersive. Warband's had some issues, but this system is about as uninspiring as it can get.

This is true.

In Warband, I liked the idea of travelling far and wide, learning different songs and poems from bards, troubadours, and wandering ashiks. Then, when visiting a lady, you would recite one of the poems you learned, and her reaction would vary according to her personality type (which you could learn from gossiping with bards in the taverns).

It was a fun quirky mechanic, and it made Warband's courtship process a little more interesting.

Bannerlord's courtship system is just straight up joyless.

Back
Top Bottom