Unofficial patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Humlenerd

Knight at Arms
The mod's development ceased somewhere around July 2013, and was left with bugs which affected the pure beauty this mod has to offer. One of the most annoying was the castle with water under it, and the castle with the doors you would have to destroy yourself due to the bots' stupidity. This unofficial patch fixes these problems, and will hopefully give a better experience ofr the few people still playing this mod.

In short; this patch fixes the bugged scenes.

Instructions: Extract the files to your warband directory/mods/TOTSK/SceneObj

Link: http://www.speedyshare.com/YQd6j/TOTSK-unofficial-patch.zip

Auldman's note:

You may want to also consider installing The_Prussian_Musket's additional patch for scenes, the link for which is below on this very page, to get good results. Both patches should be installed together.

Thank you. If enough people are interested and approve of what the patch does then I will sticky this at some point. Feedback appreciated.

I regret that this mod was never completed. I once held some high hopes for it. There were issues and a whole lot of blather I'd rather not dwell on. Mostly moved on to new games and other RL areas at this point. But it's nice to see if there are still some players for this even if we never did manage to get what we wanted with the project.

I find myself thinking back of TOTSK very often, I just did so in great detail just recently, after L'aigle released, so I am quite happy to see this.

Frankly, better bot behaviour, better lines and all muskets having sounds would be enough for me to thoroughly enjoy this mod.

Have you guys(be it devs or volunteers) ever considered borrowing certain things from L'Aigle? Mainly better battle mechanics are what I would like to see.

I often dreamt of a port to WFAS; some of its items and scenes and other resources could be used to fill certain unfinished bits, and most importantly, the game itself would take care of the mechanics and they'd work seamlessly for the setting. Would most certainly boost the immersion of a transitional from one century to another. :smile:

I know numerous things make this not feasible, but one can dream, right? :razz:

Scene Fix Patch Version 1.1

I know that there already was another patch made by Humlenerd for the broken scenes (found here: http://www.speedyshare.com/YQd6j/TOTSK-unofficial-patch.zip), but there is still many bugs found in the scenes throughout the game.

My update (tries) to fix at least some of these scene bugs to help curb the game breaking bugs aswell as adding a smoother experience to the game overall.
(Install into C:/.../steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/totsk/SceneObj folder and overwrite all files, but I recommend installing Humlenerds patch first then mine)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uiaeqkys089wuy5/AAD-2AGw0OV-dzjLosqTZb5wa?dl=0

Edit: Changed the download links and the install directory.

Edit: DO NOT use the link from this post

Ive decided to change the download link of my patch to this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uiaeqkys089wuy5/AAD-2AGw0OV-dzjLosqTZb5wa?dl=0 because the mega link took way to long to upload the files aswell as not all the scene files for totsk were on the mega download link.

Sorry about the mistake.  :facepalm:

Remember: As before, install to the C:/.../steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/totsk/SceneObj folder and overwrite

Oh, Thank You Kindly, The_Prussian_Musket!
I simply couldn't download your patch from Mega (tried 3 times - it apparently doesn't like my browser).

Got yours (and Humelnerd's) today, and can't wait to explore TOTSK without "floating" bushes and buildings, underwater towns, etc.

Thanks again

DARoot

Thank you for the feedback.  :grin:

Keep in mind, the patch only fixes 4 villages and 2 major cities. Its not too big but I plan to add more in the future!  :smile:

Really?  Even with (on top of) Humlenerd's patch?

Well, which cities/villages have you "corrected?"  [You didn't include a ReadMe, that specifies your changes - nor did Humlenerd - in the patch(s).]

Wow, ".. not too big ..?" -- 1,784 files in your patch -- gives one a new appreciation for how much  hard work and effort modders put into the stuff they make available to us!
Many Thanks!
[Imagine how much work the original modder(s) put into TOTSK, even with its current faults...]
Hope you can continue with your efforts, as you indicate, to add more.  Best of luck.
[I can easily see how "modding burnout" could, potentially, impact that.]

And, gotta wish the best of luck to Auldman, von Afton, Radetzky, Dr.Thomas, Bluehawk, and Antonis, in their efforts to "revive" this entire mod ... this era (and Frederick the Great's) has/have been sadly neglected in wargames.]

Cheers

DARoot

Hello again,
No, my patch fixes the 4 villages, 2 major cities, and 2 castles while Humlennerds patch adds four places (I think) on its own...

Like I said before, Im sorry for the large download :oops: Most of those files are not changed by me, I just havent had time to find and choose which files I changed. When I have time I will try and sort out the files so it won't be as much of a burden to download...

I fixed Amsterdam and Der Haug aswell as the villages/castles in Holland, but keep in mind those cities are repeatedly used throughout the map.

I updated the link a second time to have just the files I changed, Enjoy!  :grin:

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uiaeqkys089wuy5/AAD-2AGw0OV-dzjLosqTZb5wa?dl=0

Remember: As before, install to the C:/.../steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/totsk/SceneObj folder and overwrite

(Much smaller download)

Version 1.1 Released... Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uiaeqkys089wuy5/AAD-2AGw0OV-dzjLosqTZb5wa?dl=0

Notes: Fixed new scenes throughout the mod aswell as remaking some of my old fixes.

Enjoy as always!  :grin:

Install to the C:/.../steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/totsk/SceneObj folder and overwrite

@ The_Prussian_Musket --

Many Thanks for these "fixes" ...

Couple of questions (I'm easily confused, in my old age, so, ... Please bear with me ...) --
:???:
Your initial "patch" contained 1,784 files (all dated 3/8/2016).
Your first "revised" version contained 13 files (all dated 3/9/2016).
Your most recent "v1.1 Update" contains 18 files (all dated 3/14/2016).

1. Based on your previous posts, is it safe to assume that your LATEST (v1.1) patch contains ONLY the .sco files that you, yourself, modified?

2. Similarly, is it safe to assume that your INITIAL patch (containing 1,784 files) contained your "fixes," but also whatever happened to be in your \TOTSK\SceneObj folder on 3/8/2016?

a.  Including some "default" (unchanged) TOTSK .sco files?
[My "default, original" TOTSK \SceneObj folder contains .sco files filedated between 4/9/2013 to 1/6/2015.  The "filedates" on your downloads probably are just the dates you created the archives that you uploaded?]

b.  And, perhaps, some modifications by someone else, that you happened to have in your folder?  Are any of them any good, in your opinion?  Any worth keeping, if we happen to have your "Initial" download?

But, don't knock yourself out trying to answer this question.  I understand what you implied in your previous posts, about not having the time or inclination to "sort out" everything you included in your Initial download ...  And, us "End-Users" can probably figure it out, by comparing file sizes, or whatnot ...
HOWEVER -- You apparently DO have a way to distinguish what YOU altered from whatever else, based on your more recent updates (probably, YOUR \ScenObj folder contains files with all sorts of different filedates, so, ...).
Just Askin' ...
:roll:
3. Your latest patch does not seem to alter any of the .sco files Humlenerd included in his patch, so it may not matter whether or not one installs Humlenerd's first, or yours (they won't overwrite each other).

4. We can probably figure out which towns/villages got "updated" by comparing the .sco filenames [e.g., "scn_generic_plains_village_3.sco"] to the various Kingdom/Town/Village listings in the game .txt files [e.g, "p_village_3 Reims"], using "Morgh's Editor."
However, various users (myself included) have encountered problems using "Morgh's Editor" with TOTSK's "Troop" and "Parties" files -- basically, they are too big for "Morgh's Editor" to open/access.
So, when you did your magic, did you use the Python/Mod Development Kit, or some other methodology?
Just curious ... ya learn somethin' new every day ...
:grin:
Cheers

DARoot

Hello DARoot, thanks for the questions! :grin: (gives me something to do  :party:)

Based on your previous posts, is it safe to assume that your LATEST (v1.1) patch contains ONLY the .sco files that you, yourself, modified?
Yes, this is true the files are the ones only I changed. At first I put all the files in the download since I didn't know which files I changed, but later on, I found out all I had to use was the "Date modified" tab (duh) :roll:

2. Similarly, is it safe to assume that your INITIAL patch (containing 1,784 files) contained your "fixes," but also whatever happened to be in your \TOTSK\SceneObj folder on 3/8/2016?

a.  Including some "default" (unchanged) TOTSK .sco files?
[My "default, original" TOTSK \SceneObj folder contains .sco files filedated between 4/9/2013 to 1/6/2015.  The "filedates" on your downloads probably are just the dates you created the archives that you uploaded?]

b.  And, perhaps, some modifications by someone else, that you happened to have in your folder?  Are any of them any good, in your opinion?  Any worth keeping, if we happen to have your "Initial" download?
Yes, because of my stupidness (as stated above), I included everything from my SceneObj folder. The only files that were also there were the files from Humlenerds patch (found at the top of the first page)
Humlenerds patch is the only patch I recommend since its the only other patch out there :wink:

3. Your latest patch does not seem to alter any of the .sco files Humlenerd included in his patch, so it may not matter whether or not one installs Humlenerd's first, or yours (they won't overwrite each other).
Since I answered this above, the short answer would be yes...  :razz:

4. We can probably figure out which towns/villages got "updated" by comparing the .sco filenames [e.g., "scn_generic_plains_village_3.sco"] to the various Kingdom/Town/Village listings in the game .txt files [e.g, "p_village_3 Reims"], using "Morgh's Editor."
However, various users (myself included) have encountered problems using "Morgh's Editor" with TOTSK's "Troop" and "Parties" files -- basically, they are too big for "Morgh's Editor" to open/access.
So, when you did your magic, did you use the Python/Mod Development Kit, or some other methodology?
Just curious ... ya learn somethin' new every day ..
I used the simple Mount&Blade editor :lol: Im a basic modder and just did this in my free time so (obviously) I used the easiest of editors.

Hope this answers your questions...  :mrgreen:

Hooray for The_Prussian_Musket!!
[You have no idea how happy I was to see, in Munich, that "incidental" horse stable (between the shipyard and the City Hall) now properly "grounded," with the horses, building, and surrounding bushes, in their proper place!]

Thank you again!

Now, what can we do about the ?"Prussian"? flags outside the City Hall, displayed sideways?
[And, did you see that post on "L'Aigle" thread, where somebody had the nerve to call TOTSK "dead?"]

Keep up the good work!

DARoot
[And while we're at it -- do you know where the "Arena Masters" are in TOTSK?  Or, how to "place" them somewhere in the Arena area rendered terrains?]
I definitely checked out Reims -- but, selecting "Go to village center" placed me about a mile out of town, on top of a hill.
Is that anything you wish to look into?

Oh, like -- there's any hurry about anything, regarding M&B:W mods ...

Enjoy yourself!

[Games are supposed to be entertainment, not taken seriously, Nicht war?

DARoot

Back
Top Bottom