Unifying the Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

spacecaose

Regular
What's the point in even doing it if the outcome is still the same regardless if you succeed or not. The other Empire factions don't join you, and every one else around you still wages war. At least make it so, the other Empire factions join you're side, and then let every one fight you. This needs to be changed or looked at. Cause as it stands you might as well just play sandbox and never have to deal with the BS conspiracy ****.

When one do the campagin thats what one think would happen. Maybbe not join. But atleast a truce.

When one do the campagin thats what one think would happen. Maybbe not join. But atleast a truce.
I already completed destroy the empire and took over the whole map once, never again. I thought maybe uniting the Empire would solve that problem, since it would make sense the other Empires would join you, but nope. Complete waste of time.

For the campaign I find it best to complete the goals of the quest as much as possible before activating that particular stage of the quest:
Ie. for Unifying the Empire: knock out as much of the other two empire factions as much as possible, as well as at least one "barbarian faction" before presenting/claiming the banner.

Be sure to talk to everybody early, though. I had one playthrough where too many people died and I could no longer complete that first phase :cry:. You can go as far as assembling the banner without triggering the everybody-is-always-at-war-with-you stage of the story. You have over 1000 days before the quest fails, so you have lots of time to try to convert clans to you and make it so that the all out war phase is doable. Once the all out war starts: there is no time limit. Make yourself super strong before you trigger it.

I... gave up on the first few times I got to the all out war phase 🤯

What's the point in even doing it if the outcome is still the same regardless if you succeed or not. The other Empire factions don't join you, and every one else around you still wages war. At least make it so, the other Empire factions join you're side, and then let every one fight you. This needs to be changed or looked at. Cause as it stands you might as well just play sandbox and never have to deal with the BS conspiracy ****.
makes sense because make too easy for the player than already is

let's say by the time you complete the quest unify the empire, but the other empires has halfof vlandia or aserai or whatever and then simply joins you.

What's the fun on that? you get half ofevery other faction the other empires conquered making the game too easy

let's say by the time you complete the quest unify the empire, but the other empires has halfof vlandia or aserai or whatever and then simply joins you.

What's the fun on that? you get half ofevery other faction the other empires conquered making the game too easy
I finished that campaign. But all it did was make the game more tedious. If you peace out the 3 other factions you're at war with the other two Empire do join you. Also the fact i was emperor meant i couldn't just hire mercs at a whim and get lords to come over, since i needed to capture their clan leaders and have good enough reputation with them. I was sitting at (250 charm) and it was still a struggle.

Valandia was the biggest problem, every campaign i do they always end up on top as if they've get mega advantages over everyone else. When i pieced out with them i had inflicted 80k casualties to my 30k. They where spawning armies out of thing air.

For the campaign I find it best to complete the goals of the quest as much as possible before activating that particular stage of the quest:
Ie. for Unifying the Empire: knock out as much of the other two empire factions as much as possible, as well as at least one "barbarian faction" before presenting/claiming the banner.

Be sure to talk to everybody early, though. I had one playthrough where too many people died and I could no longer complete that first phase :cry:. You can go as far as assembling the banner without triggering the everybody-is-always-at-war-with-you stage of the story. You have over 1000 days before the quest fails, so you have lots of time to try to convert clans to you and make it so that the all out war phase is doable. Once the all out war starts: there is no time limit. Make yourself super strong before you trigger it.

I... gave up on the first few times I got to the all out war phase 🤯
At the end i just gave up and made an army of 2-3k and carpet sieged every one i was at war with, only real option to win since i wasn't executing anyone this run. The fact is the both time's i've taken over the whole map its been more tedious then hard which is the annoying bit.

I know you have 1000 days, but then i might as well play sandbox because the end result with be the same and i don't even need to worry about the quest. Only difference is you can't earn achievements in sandbox.

Last edited:

That's the whole point of picking that quest line i expect them to join me if i succeed, like i excepted all 3 of the Empire's to attack me when i did the barbarian conquest. You might as well play sandbox and avoid this useless quest as it really adds nothing to the game since you can just avoid it. or as everyone says conquer most of the map before you you finish it so you don't have to deal with all out war. Only difference is sandbox doesn't allow you to get achievements.

That's the whole point of picking that quest line i expect them to join me if i succeed, like i excepted all 3 of the Empire's to attack me when i did the barbarian conquest. You might as well play sandbox and avoid this useless quest as it really adds nothing to the game since you can just avoid it. or as everyone says conquer most of the map before you you finish it so you don't have to deal with all out war. Only difference is sandbox doesn't allow you to get achievements.
look, what i meant was this isn't ck3 with a huge map a lot of kingdoms and factions, with they implemented such a feature that forces factions join you then the game ends very quickly, if the map was bigger and there were more kingdoms so the game would last then i'd agree

I also wrote about it depending on which direction you take. slave revolt (aserai caravan) or gladiator revolt (Empire) , shipwreck (sturgia) and other such events. You end up in a new place as a kid and just instead of choosing a path for development points, you choose the quests yourself, which creates your character and story. There are places on the map where a new kingdom can arise. The choice of the appearance of fortresses, or the armament of soldiers or other details of this type. You see as a child how the settlements expand and a new kingdom arises. You start as nords with a few clans, for example, and there is a chance that your parents will become leaders or your career starts with a shepherd. it would be interesting to choose a path in cyberpunk and then the rest of what it looks like now. the armament and appearance of the cities would of course come at a price. Defense points for something else, for example.

I finished that campaign... If you peace out the 3 other factions you're at war with the other two Empire do join you.

On my most recent play through I got the Steam achievement for an "Empire Victory" when I unified the empire and the 3 "barbarian" cultures declared war on me. I thought that was oddly soon as I had not fully finished the campaign...

And then yes, I noticed the same thing as you: the two other Empire factions join after I finally beat the Vlandians into submission (harder than the other two put together :shock: ).

I was supporting the Southern empire, and I think the Western Empire had conquered half of our cities (in addition to all their originals) while I was messing around in Vlandia :roll: Then all those cities magically became ours after the quest ended. Silly. I could swear they had at least as many cities as us at that point (4 of mine being in Khuzait homelands).

Off topic:
Is there a way to decline being the ruler? For both my questline playthroughs I was voted the new leader and I did not really want that either time. Vlandia made me king when I was conquering the Empires, and then on this playthrough the Southern Empire made me Emperor when Ragea died.

:meh: I only had all that influence stockpiled because I wanted to push a giant army on the Vlandians for an extended period... no, the Khuzait culture guy with 4 Khuzait cities and no Empire-culture fiefs whatsoever should not be voted to be in charge.

Same thing happened with the Vlandians; I was of the Empire culture and had no native-Vlandian holdings when Doethert died and I was named King. Like... really guys?

I get that it should be possible... but... I could swear I could not vote someone else into winning either time. That should be possible in most situations!

I feel like this is a trigger bug in the main questline... the Steam achievement thing should not trigger until after that victory box + movie, and maybe the Empire could be unified in the first part? That would make things a little too easy, though, so maybe not the unifying early part.

For both the barbarian victory and the empire victory I found myself preferring the multi-front war. Embrace the chaos, make it work for you! If I'm trying to beat the Northern Empire into submission, for instance, I don't care if the Battanians take Epicrotea from me... as long as the Northern Empire no longer has it. I was able to "cheese" the quest line along by letting other foes defend the conquered cities for me :twisted:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom