Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

Some footage ukrainian POV:

Last edited:
All this footage points to endemic corruption at every level in the Russian army. When I heard they embezzled funds for radios and that the Russian soldiers can be tapped by amateurs while giving orders left me speechless.

Edit: Whoa.

Last edited:
All this footage points to endemic corruption at every level in the Russian army. When I heard they embezzled funds for radios and that the Russian soldiers can be tapped by amateurs while giving orders left me speechless.

Edit: Whoa.

I think that a lot of the information on this conflict has be taken with a pinch of salt though. From what I can gather both sides are engaging in information warfare (and Russia has a strong tradition on that), so I am not sure how to differentiate between that and what is actually happening.

Some footage ukrainian POV:

Russians are moving along the coast. If they take Odessa they will effectually have cut Ukraine off from the Black Sea (that can bring supplies).
Although, Russia might already control the water. I haven't seen any reports about the naval aspect so far.
The Russians also seem to be cutting Ukraine in half, perhaps along the Dnieper River. Their advances in the north are just so slow (muddy roads?) it's hard to tell.

Last edited:
Russia acts kind of very strange. Ukr soldiers report they hit rus troops too easy. Russian vehicle columns are moving like they are in some haste/rush and are easy targets. After the column is hit by ukr forces everyone in the column simply runaway instead of grouping and fighting.
And those are mostly very young men 18-20+ yo.

Im sure Russia could've done much much better. But why they fight like for the first time - God knows.

Mayheps the level of secrecy was/is so high that not all troops were informed on their goals. Many captives claim they recieved commands "just follow your commander" and they do and then suddenly got hit and it turns into chaos. They may lie though, but still all of them tell the same story.

Also today was a Rus Air Force day - lots of aviation involved and... lots of aviation got hit. Some videos of captive pilots:

lOE-s.jpg

Last edited:
Russia acts kind of very strange. Ukr soldiers report they hit rus troops too easy. Russian vehicle columns are moving like they are in some haste/rush and are easy targets. After the column is hit by ukr forces everyone in the column simply runaway instead of grouping and fighting.
And those are mostly very young men 18-20+ yo.
That sure looks strange... no signs of any sophisticated tactics or high-tech solutions being brought to the battlefield. Rumor has it 75% of the Russian army has been already mobilized to Ukraine. Is there a way to tell if this is true? If so I wonder how many battalions/divisions have actually been engaged in the fight already.

Well it seems they have taken the tactics "[large] quantity equals quality", but in reality it brings much more mess in operating it and supplying this mass.

Im pretty sure corruption destroyed everything. Oil-dollars does its thing.

****e. Visa announces to leave Russia. And I have many russians working in my company. I will not be able to pay them sallaries therefore...

Last edited:
Well it seems they have taken the tactics "[large] quantity equals quality", but in reality it brings much more mess in operating it and supplying this mass.

Im pretty sure corruption destroyed everything. Oil-dollars does its thing.

****e. Visa announces to leave Russia. And I have many russians working in my company. I will not be able to pay them sallaries therefore...

Russia has great army logistics in their own country. They rely heavily on their rail network of which they have a lot. But outside of Russia they get into trouble. Ukraine very swiftly destroyed incoming rail networks from Russia and Belarus, blocking their main logistics supply. Also their fierce fighting over the airport stops that air supply line.
Russia now has a 60KM long traffic jam of trucks and tanks on the road to Kiev just moving meters each day because of a lack of fuel and food.

----

I think you might need to look at different ways of payment for your workers, it looks like it could become a long war so backpay might not be a solution. Or outsource the work, if possible..

Russia now has a 60KM long traffic jam of trucks and tanks on the road to Kiev just moving meters each day because of a lack of fuel and food.
I hope the Ukrainians are able to pound that convoy. All that materiel packed together and barely moving sounds like a target that's way too good to ignore if you can get close enough to hit it.

It's like the late Qing Dynasty all over again, maaan.

Looks great and modern on paper, then the rubber hits the road and and the army provides as much resistance as a light morning fog.

It's like the late Qing Dynasty all over again, maaan.

Looks great and modern on paper, then the rubber hits the road and and the army provides as much resistance as a light morning fog.

That's what baffles me most. Countries would tremble and quake at the thought of a Russian invasion. Their PR machine has been working for decades to paint it as a highly advanced military force.

And it's not just that it is not highly advanced. It's piss poor. Boys are conscripted under false pretenses, their weaponry and transport is outdated and their tactics are mediocre at best. The might of the Russian Federation is all bark, zero bite.

Back
Top Bottom