Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

This will probably be the last war masters of USA started. The so-called masters are abandoning their puppets in certain countries one by one. Turkiye and Greece are next. Hopefully Turkiye wins.

Last edited:
Here's the video from the fight near the Zaporizhya Nuclear Plant atm:

This may end bad. Very bad

UPD: One energy block got hit and ignited. Firefighters cannot reach it due to the shooting.

Last edited:
Also watched this live on Youtube. What else to do on a friday morning? :roll:

Situation seems to be under control now, but my ass how can you shoot each other with ATGMs and IFVs 150 meter away from a nuclear reactor?

You said that. I didn't say anything like it. Yet predictable reaction, immediately defensive and straight to counterattack.

Yup, yet another predictable reaction.

Wasn't that your government that actually stood for them in 2014 but annexed the Crimean peninsula instead? Plus, is this the only way to solve problems like that in Russia? Never ask for independent observers, UN, anything? Really is there anything that justifies the Invasion? Russian-speaking Ukrainians from Donbas come to work in Poland. Never in my life had I heard they were oppressed by the state because they speak Russian (Those are actual people I met, also worked with). Zelensky learned Ukrainian just 5 years ago...

This is the only thing I would almost agree with you. But giving it a second thought... this is also a very comfortable solution to blame all to politicians and governments and I'm somehow reluctant to do it. What I actually disagree with you is that the EU government doesn't care... My country changed a lot by leaving the eastern sphere of influence (despite the fact my current government is ruining all that progress with their strange right wing/communism nostalgia approach). Sure, there are problems, sure it is not ideal, but given all the places in the world - it does not seem that bad. There are things one person can do, not overthrow the government, but even changing your perspective, viewpoint, being more critical - matters.

The world is a shady place, how any war has ever made it better?
Ok I am sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to do here. This person opened up by saying that they are not ok with what Putin is doing. You answered that by telling them that what is happening is their fault, what were you expecting them to do? Say "yes, internet stranger, I am a bag of ****, I will now go get arrested and killed because that is the only true way to redemption"? Of course they are getting defensive, you would too in their place.

No one has a reason to do what amounts to detonating a dirty bomb. I don't understand why people are scared. There's no logic to it unless you are losing badly and retreating and you were fascinated by scorched earth tactics of the Russians/Soviets during the Napoleon/Hitler invasions. :razz:
I mean, part of Belarus will get irradiated by it too, not just Ukraine.
It creates a tsunami? :lol:
Also this. There are no defenses against tsunamis in Eastern Europe. There's always this one thing you forgot to do because you thought it only happens to other people.

No one has a reason to do what amounts to detonating a dirty bomb. I don't understand why people are scared. There's no logic to it unless you are losing badly and retreating and you were fascinated by scorched earth tactics of the Russians/Soviets during the Napoleon/Hitler invasions. :razz:
You see... Until February 24 most of Russians thought that it is illogical to invade Ukraine, since it will destroy our economy and there is actually no reason for us to do this. Yet, here we are... I won't be surprised by any other dumb move by now.

Ok I am sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to do here. This person opened up by saying that they are not ok with what Putin is doing. You answered that by telling them that what is happening is their fault, what were you expecting them to do? Say "yes, internet stranger, I am a bag of ****, I will now go get arrested and killed because that is the only true way to redemption"? Of course they are getting defensive, you would too in their place.
Sorry, to upset you so much but you have to live a little bit in Russia's adjacent country to maybe grasp this tone. Hear some delicate threats about Iskanders stationing your border, every now and then - to realize you are living within 500 km distance (why do I even know those things?!), etc. Trust me you would be biased too.

So let me make this straight. Didn't want to perform any personal crusade on him. Or push him to the wall. If it sounded like that it is because I am a bit tired of this relativization of geopolitics, especially looking at Russia's so-called Eastern European area of influence. Where nobody wants their protection and they constantly try to convince everyone in Russia the opposite. We both know this is not the first time those things happen. And I hear a lot of softening in the Russian voices, trivialization, and relativization of what is actually going on. Anyways, you made me realize it is really futile. Shouldn't waste my time on that.
I do not like asking this, since that's what OUR propaganda likes to use, but let me ask you this nonetheless: for 8 years Ukrainian army has been conducting warfare against those two self-proclaimed republics. For 8 years people were dying both from Ukraine and the mentioned above republics. 8 years of dead silence from both EU and USA (yet, they were supplying weapons to them). No one said a word about a "genocide" for civillians who lived there. But now, suddenly, EU and USA starts playing a noble knights in shining armours. How does that work? Why vigorously supporting one while totally ignoring the other? You may not answer, we both know why is this happening. Because politics is built on hypocricy, there is no noble cause in what's happening now from both sides. It's a shame that you see some noble intentions in those sanctions.
@eddiemccandless - Do you fully support this message?

Does anyone know what happens if you bomb a nuclear reactor?
You can scram the reactor to stop fission immediately. Not sure about the nuclear plant in Ukraine, but in modern ones it can be done pretty quickly and as far as I know it is irreversible once started. They would have to reload new fissile material I think.

Fission material is still toxic though and there's usually a stockpile of the stuff close by, but you would probably have to burn it in a certain way to get the material to plume into the air. If Russia wants a nuclear plume to happen, it's probably easier to burn the stuff at their own sites in their own borders and blame it on Ukraine than to actually do it on the opponent's site. The closeness of the fighting is most likely just ******* soldiers taking initiative and knowing they'll escape blame if it goes bad such as it is in Russia if you work for the state. Russia might not want to look like an *******, but they shown time and again that if their agents complete their objectives but screw up and made Russia look bad, they ultimately don't care to punish.

@eddiemccandless - Do you fully support this message?
I don't, and I am willing to bet neither does @Lesbosisles. That to me looks like a knee jerk reaction caused by your baiting. I get your frustration and I understand that we are in the heat of the moment right now and it is difficult if not impossible to be rational, but I don't think you realize that what you are doing has the effect of radicalizing people against your views and ultimately plays into Putin's hand.

Last edited:
I don't, and I am willing to bet neither does @Lesbosisles. That to me looks like a knee jerk reaction caused by your baiting. I get your frustration and I understand that we are in the heat of the moment right now and it is difficult if not impossible to be rational, but I don't think you realize that what you are doing has the effect of radicalizing people against your views and ultimately plays into Putin's hand.
I'm really happy for you being able to remain composed, rational and humane sitting in your safe home in your peaceful town. Thank you for stooping down from your high horse and giving this precious advice on how to act "in the heat of the moment".
Might keep me alive when the bomber planes arrive.

I'm really happy for you being able to remain composed, rational and humane sitting in your safe home in your peaceful town. Thank you for stooping down from your high horse and giving this precious advice on how to act "in the heat of the moment".
Might keep me alive when the bomber planes arrive.
Again, this is baiting. Not even sure for what. What is the point of this? What do you want?

Back
Top Bottom