UK Elections: Princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProjectAngel said:
I wonder if any of the AE guys have voted for lust...  :razz:

no...why would we vote for someone who is inactive and hasnt played warband competitively for a considerable period of time?

I suppose this thread is for the people who've applied for captain to discuss why they should be captain. Guess I may aswell explain my position for the non-existent floating voters and anyone who is curious.

I'm basically standing on a play to win basis. If you're inactive, haven't shown much of an interest in the competitive scene or just turn up for the NC once a year then I can tell you right now vote for Lust because there's no way on gods green earth you'll be in my team. If your not willing to put in enough time and aren't currently at the top level then you won't be in the team either, this isn't some "lets include everyone fun camp" it's about representing the UK and winning. I intend on taking it seriously, training a lot, picking the most able team and winning. Just like i've done in AE.

I expect i'll lose this election, I don't really have the pulling power Lust has and my platform excludes a lot of people who may wish to participate. All the same I'd like to captain the UK and believe I am best qualified to do so. Good luck to Lust who, despite being a horribly bad singer, is a pretty accomplished candidate himself.

Shemaforash said:
Rage is an important aspect of internet gaming isn't it.

It is if you've ever been in a scrim with Kain.

Killfacer said:
If you're inactive, haven't shown much of an interest in the competitive scene or just turn up for the NC once a year

I wouldn't say that was much of an issue, if you look at last year's team:

David; Alex; Kain; Anaconda; Captain Lust; AZAN; Crazyboy; Sammac; Corey; Blacktide; Deaconbarry; captainfolms; M; ProjectAngel; Cleric Johnson; Anthony

And the year before:

22nd_King_Plazek, Shieldings_Ischenous, Shieldings_Eirikur ,CoR_Marshall_captainlust ,Shieldings_DamnUCorey, IG_Alexander ,ProjectAngel , Deliverance_G_OL ,Wolfpack_Julian, King_crazyboy11_S_OL ,BlackTide ,CoR_Sair831, Grenadier_OL (grenadier),Kain , Leroy, IG_Esq_LordDavid 

And before that:

MadJackMcMad
Viper
DamnUCorey
Eirikur
Melons
Lugh
Rallix
captain lust (captain)
Foamy
Calodine (co-captain)
Ischenous
Deliverance
Mabons

All of those players were active at the time and indeed many of them are still active. While I agree that you've turned AE into a wonderful success, I feel that Lust would be better suited to captaincy of this team. Lust is a well known and well liked player in the community and a more than competent leader, if I'm not mistaken, he lead CoR to victory during the first ENL (before your time, perhaps). Don't forget that the UK team is supposed to representing the country. I am not supporting Captain Lust because I'm pissed that wasn't on your team (I was on your team), I feel that he would be a better choice for the community.

Killfacer said:
I suppose this thread is for the people who've applied for captain to discuss why they should be captain. Guess I may aswell explain my position for the non-existent floating voters and anyone who is curious.

I'm basically standing on a play to win basis. If you're inactive, haven't shown much of an interest in the competitive scene or just turn up for the NC once a year then I can tell you right now vote for Lust because there's no way on gods green earth you'll be in my team. If your not willing to put in enough time and aren't currently at the top level then you won't be in the team either, this isn't some "lets include everyone fun camp" it's about representing the UK and winning. I intend on taking it seriously, training a lot, picking the most able team and winning. Just like i've done in AE.

I expect i'll lose this election, I don't really have the pulling power Lust has and my platform excludes a lot of people who may wish to participate. All the same I'd like to captain the UK and believe I am best qualified to do so. Good luck to Lust who, despite being a horribly bad singer, is a pretty accomplished candidate himself.

tbh i don't appreciate your elitism.

and it's not your choice of elitism i dislike, i am a fan of elitism in general.

i'm just generally PO'd at some of the people you think are better than me. i mean honestly. 

that's right, i'm voting lust because of my ego

ProjectAngel said:
Also, posts like the one below are not befitting of a good leader.

Apologies that you see it that way. Simply trying to explain my position in an honest manner so that everyone who is voting fully understands the positions of the different captains. Wouldn't want someone to vote without fully understanding my position and I have no intention of hiding the fact that i'd be extremely exacting in what I required of potential players. Don't really want to continue this argument as i've already explained my position and everybody already knows you're not voting for me.

@Blacktide: We already had this debate on steam. Honestly I just plain disagree with you and don't think it's really going to be possible to form a team of active players like you suggested. I understand your reasons for voting for Captain Lust are not based on selfishness or a dislike of me but I respectfully disagree with them anyway.

@Corsair: Well I was going to invite you to the team as I recently heard that you were actually fairly active in cRPG.

Killfacer said:
ProjectAngel said:
Also, posts like the one below are not befitting of a good leader.

Apologies that you see it that way. Simply trying to explain my position in an honest manner so that everyone who is voting fully understands the positions of the different captains. Wouldn't want someone to vote without fully understanding my position and I have no intention of hiding the fact that i'd be extremely exacting in what I required of potential players. Don't really want to continue this argument as i've already explained my position and everybody already knows you're not voting for me.

@Blacktide: We already had this debate on steam. Honestly I just plain disagree with you and don't think it's really going to be possible to form a team of active players like you suggested. I understand your reasons for voting for Captain Lust are not based on selfishness or a dislike of me but I respectfully disagree with them anyway.

@Corsair: Well I was going to invite you to the team as I recently heard that you were actually fairly active in cRPG.

good :smile: my ego is abated.

however, i'm still voting lust, i've known him years and whilst he is an egotistical maniacal prat, he's also an excellent leader and a very good player.

Also, if i go in to a team that is 50%+ (let's face it you'll make it more than that) AE, you'll expect to do things the 'AE' way, and highly doubt i'll enjoy that

And the year before:

22nd_King_Plazek, Shieldings_Ischenous, Shieldings_Eirikur ,CoR_Marshall_captainlust ,Shieldings_DamnUCorey, IG_Alexander ,ProjectAngel , Deliverance_G_OL ,Wolfpack_Julian, King_crazyboy11_S_OL ,BlackTide ,CoR_Sair831, Grenadier_OL (grenadier),Kain , Leroy

I was there too! at least i remember being there

Lord_David said:
And the year before:

22nd_King_Plazek, Shieldings_Ischenous, Shieldings_Eirikur ,CoR_Marshall_captainlust ,Shieldings_DamnUCorey, IG_Alexander ,ProjectAngel , Deliverance_G_OL ,Wolfpack_Julian, King_crazyboy11_S_OL ,BlackTide ,CoR_Sair831, Grenadier_OL (grenadier),Kain , Leroy

I was there too!

Blame the tournament admin for not having you on the team list!

EDIT: Oh wait, you were on the top...

What is this non-sense!?

This is a competitive tournament, not a social gathering. The only playerbase they need to represent is the best of the UK.

ProjectAngel said:
for others this is seen as a good chance to play with people they wouldn't usually get to play alongside and have some fun, (but don't get me wrong, I want to win too!)

****in lol.

sorry if I come across strongly but I don't believe a fairly big bunch of inactive players, including a few posting here, is representative of the UK player base either. Also people seem to think deacon as an organiser can somehow effect leadership or our results in a bias way? if so you've got to remember who started this thread, there are other admins of the NC as well, deacon's not solo organising this and so I can't see how him leading the UK team would effect anything in that regard, I imagine all incidents that may happen will be discussed between all admins.

With regards to cheer leaders I should also point out that many people are saying vote lust instead/as well as of pm'ing it as they should, while I have nothing against lust at all and agree he's a very good leader and player that seems to be cheer leading attitude to me.

This is a competitive tournament, not a social gathering

this is also true.

RoBo_CoP said:
What is this non-sense!?

This is a competitive tournament, not a social gathering. The only playerbase they need to represent is the best of the UK.

ProjectAngel said:
for others this is seen as a good chance to play with people they wouldn't usually get to play alongside and have some fun, (but don't get me wrong, I want to win too!)

****in lol.

This is what i don't understand. Project, you expect to roll up every year and get to play with your pals. Well thats not what this is. Go play with them if you want by all means, but even outside of AE there are players who play far more regularly and to a higher level than you do. Yet you expect to just turn up every year unannounced and say oh look im in the team. The fact of the matter is the UK scene has moved on. Take Deacon, the mans commanded AE with Azans help along the way to win every single tournament we have entered and lose one competitive game in our entire existence. Meanwhile what have you been doing? What has lust been doing? ****ing up major tournaments and not playing at all.

This should be about the best man for the job and clearly if its about you wanting to drop trouble from the past, you should look at who IS the best man for the job. And it certainty isn't Lust who barely plays the game and hasn't got enough time to run his own tournament.

Dont even get me started with the argument that deacon is inappropriate because hes the captain of a team. Whats he gonna do? Give us default wins? Come on don't be ridiculous.

RoBo_CoP said:
What is this non-sense!?

Who decides who is the best? The Captain. Who should decide the Captain? The people he is going to choose from.
You are trying to make it out like Lust is going to choose obscure players that no-one has ever heard of, I don't believe that he would intentionally create a bad team in order to satisfy his friends. The issue here is about the exclusion of perfectly good players that could be viewed as some of the best, not about picking any player who wants to be on the team. I have confidence that Lust would create a strong competitive team.

I.e. Go back to America.

Cleric_Johnson said:
This is what i don't understand. Project, you expect to roll up every year and get to play with your pals. Well thats not what this is. Go play with them if you want by all means, but even outside of AE there are players who play far more regularly and to a higher level than you do. Yet you expect to just turn up every year unannounced and say oh look im in the team.

I have already addressed that point, if you look back you'll find out the players chosen were from a broad spectrum. At the time OL was a clan exclusively for British people and fairly active, that is why he and his OL clanmates were in a fair few of the teams.

Cleric_Johnson said:
The fact of the matter is the UK scene has moved on. Take Deacon, the mans commanded AE with Azans help along the way to win every single tournament we have entered and lose one competitive game in our entire existence. Meanwhile what have you been doing? What has lust been doing? ****ing up major tournaments and not playing at all.

Deacon may have let AE to many victories in tournaments and so on, however, he was playing with a team of highly skilled foreigners with only 7 out of the 19 players being British (WNL team).

Cleric_Johnson said:
This should be about the best man for the job and clearly if its about you wanting to drop trouble from the past, you should look at who IS the best man for the job. And it certainty isn't Lust who barely plays the game and hasn't got enough time to run his own tournament.

I'm sure Lust would not put himself forward if he was not able to fulfil the commitment. Lust led CoR to victory in the first ENL, since then the maps have only changed marginally and he himself has create/had input in some of the newer maps (Sandibush).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom