Types of bandits

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
Well, our world map needs more people. Please suggest some types of bandits (and other people) that should appear on the world map.
Here are the ones I've thought of, yet:

Vigilantes (already exist, number increased),
Deserters (already exist),
Stagecoaches (already exist),
Revolutionists (Mexico),
Scalphunters (Borders to Indian territory),
Mountain Men (far away)

the stereotype; bandits with revolvers and horses should be definately in the list.

edit: Mountain man might be in the form of the guys in the video you shot "the trapper"

Some dirty beard guys in furs and got one shot rifles and coonskin hats.

erm, homesteaders with wagon trains? Would give bandits more to attack than other bandits, caravans and stagecoaches.

You can give mountain men some primitive equipment, like simple bows, javelins and spears.

Parties of competing Headhunters. Though it would be nice if competing headhunters had a % chance to appear at the quest destination to form a trio-duel like in the graveyard.

Desperadoes (really strong but only 15-20.)
Dangerous looking Mexicans with this kind of clothing:
poncho1.jpg

Haaaaa... I got an idea: why not make imperialists and desperadoes gangs with their own property and make them permanent enemies! This would make Mexican territories quite lively.

Would it be possible to have groups of buffalo soldiers? For Apache players who enjoy casual walks (into history) they would be great to fight. I was a little surprised when I saw no Buffalo Soldiers (maybe I didn't look that well though the US hates me  :???: sad because I do enjoy wasting money on her prositutes)

Some names can't be used because they are already used to describe gangs (outlaw, bandit, lawmen) or troops within the factions.

Naming is such a simple thing, yet so hard.

what about the Texas Rangers?  And i'm not refering to Chuck, although he is badass and would destroy everything in this game.  :mrgreen:

EDIT:  well, not added as bandits maybe, but could be another faction if any are added.

insomniac said:
the stereotype; bandits with revolvers and horses should be definately in the list.

edit: Mountain man might be in the form of the guys in the video you shot "the trapper"

Some dirty beard guys in furs and got one shot rifles and coonskin hats.
I second that!

How about just Thieves? They'd be one step up from looters and have better equipment, but roam around and spawn the way looters do. There'd be more of them per party, but less parties. You could just make them parties of 8-15 Thief troops.

We should also add French troops, as they were quite common in the area (Mexico near Rio Grande) during 1866.

Back
Top Bottom