Two simple high-priority and low-effort fixes right now

Users who are viewing this thread

durbal

Sergeant
1. No more war declarations while already at war. Please. Stop this. It shouldn't be difficult to just add a check if a faction is already in a war and to not have it declare another if this is the case.
2. Add a truce timer after peace treaties. I don't care if it's just a temporary value of say, 1 year until more diplomacy is added. Just add something.

yes, something needs to be done, like a period of truce. My last playthrough was fighting for Sturgia and at one point they were at war with SIX different factions. Now I know they are supposed to be aggressive, but that's just stupid. No leader with half a brain would put his people or nation in that position.

1. No more war declarations while already at war. Please. Stop this. It shouldn't be difficult to just add a check if a faction is already in a war and to not have it declare another if this is the case.
2. Add a truce timer after peace treaties. I don't care if it's just a temporary value of say, 1 year until more diplomacy is added. Just add something.
seconded. Stop bug fixing the sh'it, that will be broken again next patch, for one second and add this.

yes, something needs to be done, like a period of truce. My last playthrough was fighting for Sturgia and at one point they were at war with SIX different factions. Now I know they are supposed to be aggressive, but that's just stupid. No leader with half a brain would put his people or nation in that position.
truce works sadly it own 10 days and only between 2 lords

Please...please...just fix these two things and the game becomes so much more enjoyable. The current whack-a-mole gameplay with stealth armies sieging everywhere because there's a war on all fronts is infuriating.

+1 on #2, though there is already a diplomacy mod that allows for a truce period after peace is negotiated. But seriously, I'm not sure why TW is fixing on those random crashes when there is SIGNIFICANT gameplay issues that have been voiced multiple times over and over and they still don't do anything about it. They need to fix the whack a mole issue, not just with multiple wars, but also with imprisonment not doing jacksquat when it's suppose to be the only mechanism keeping enemy lords from being on the field after you defeat them in battle and capture them. There is an awesome mod idea out there called prevent escape, but unfortunately as with mods, it's experiencing some bugs and also it appears to not work with Beta at the moment, but TW really should implement what that mod has going on, it's really good concepts on imprisonment and ransom bartering etc.

I'm not even sure the devs are fully aware of this issue...even with so many other broken things, this is by far the most annoying. Being unable to actually fight a war and having to instead just run around putting out fires everywhere is not good gameplay.

I wonder if they expected us to be fighting bandits and trying to win tournament armor for the first 3 months of EA. That could explain the weird un-wanted, player-targeting nerfs.
I'm just going with the flow of now. Towns come, towns go, one day you're top dog, next your whole faction is in jail and you're chasing looters with recruits hoping to level some up before your garrison runs out of food and you good troops start leaving.
It's so frustrating trying to play it without mods for good feedback, but there's zero mid game tools for the player. Not even working trainer or dependable garrison for troop stocking.

Back
Top Bottom