TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

kefka95 said:
Lord Jotun said:
hey everybody!
I got a problem here: I've downloaded the newest version of the program, and also the newest version of the .Net Framework.
Now, when I try to open the program, I get the following message:
"Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."
What is the problem? can you please help me, and forgive me if this same problem has already occurred and been answered, over 70 pages is a LOT to read :wink:

I haven't encountered that specific problem, but we'll see if we can get it working for you.

First, let's verify which version(s) of .NET Framework you have installed.  Go to the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework.  Within that folder you should see several subfolders with version numbers.  Which versions are listed there?

I have the version number 4.0.31106.0 (but I think I can ignore the last six^^)

Lord Jotun said:
kefka95 said:
Lord Jotun said:
hey everybody!
I got a problem here: I've downloaded the newest version of the program, and also the newest version of the .Net Framework.
What is the problem? can you please help me, and forgive me if this same problem has already occurred and been answered, over 70 pages is a LOT to read :wink:

I haven't encountered that specific problem, but we'll see if we can get it working for you.

First, let's verify which version(s) of .NET Framework you have installed.  Go to the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework.  Within that folder you should see several subfolders with version numbers.  Which versions are listed there?

If that's the only version you have, then I think that explains it.  After doing some Googling on this, it appears that .NET Framework 4.0 is not backwards compatible with applications developed with previous versions of .NET Framework (strange decision on Microsoft's part).  Since TweakMB was developed with .NET Framework 3.5, you will probably need to install that version as well in order to get it working.

ripple said:
I'd like to tweak at least the base moral bonous for Brytenwalda... :sad:

Brytenwalda handles party size and morale completely differently from Native (at least as far as I can tell).  Without having the source code for the mod, there's not much I can do about tweaking it.  I could probably figure it out with lots of guesswork and testing, but it probably won't happen for awhile.  Even then, an entirely new form would likely have to be designed for it, as the "normal" tweaks won't make any sense with all the changes the mod makes (ie, there may be no "base" morale value - it could use an entirely different type of calculation to determine morale).

kefka95 said:
Lord Jotun said:
kefka95 said:
Lord Jotun said:
hey everybody!

If that's the only version you have, then I think that explains it.  After doing some Googling on this, it appears that .NET Framework 4.0 is not backwards compatible with applications developed with previous versions of .NET Framework (strange decision on Microsoft's part).  Since TweakMB was developed with .NET Framework 3.5, you will probably need to install that version as well in order to get it working.

thank you, thank you, thank you!! :grin:
it works now, I owe you big time! I really appreciate it..

Great job!
but please!! Add support for AD 1257 and repare this bug :
ad1257bug.jpg

Thanks!!

Melraki said:
Great job!
but please!! Add support for AD 1257 and repare this bug :
ad1257bug.jpg

Thanks!!

As it happens, that's the very mod I'm working on adding right now :grin:  It should be out hopefully sometime this week, although some of the tweaks will definitely be disabled due to some of the changes 1257 AD makes.

Another update for tonight.  Support for 1257 AD was added.

3.04 (02.22.11)
  • Added support for 1257 AD 0.95pre10
  • Map sizes for battles should now be working with Brytenwalda

I would like to request a few extra edits for Floris / Diplomacy, because i cant find the relevant triggers myself in the .txt (or if someone reads this and knows which triggers im talking about, pls enlighten me - im using floris expanded mod pack with diplomacy)

- to Edit the effect domestic policy has on relationships (say change the bonus for very aristocratic or very plutocratic society etc..)
- to edit the constable, which currently only upgrades 9 troops at a time and to a maximum troop level of 2 (should be able to increase / decrease the amount trained / to which level they are trained)

Would it be possible for feasts to be disabled while your kingdom is at war? Being in a double-triple war and 6 of your lords are feasting away is...infuriating to say the least.

Melraki said:
Hi!
Great! But, when i do some change, i take this error :
sanstitredqj.jpg

When I restor backup, it works fine, and i have MVc++ to date :'(

Which tweaks were you trying to use when you got the error?  Also, at what point in the game does the error come up?

Melraki said:
All option cause the bug.

Could you send a copy of your module text files to [email protected] (text files only please, zipped up if possible)?  I haven't been able to make it crash regardless of which options I choose, and I can't do much else without actually seeing the files you're working with.  Thanks!

In fact, it's when I change one or more option that my game crash when teh game load files. Maybe it's only my game who have a probleme with your tool ^^
Do you use the "SvN" version? With the last revision?

Melraki said:
In fact, it's when I change one or more option that my game crash when teh game load files. Maybe it's only my game who have a probleme with your tool ^^
Do you use the "SvN" version? With the last revision?

As it says in the program, TweakMB supports 0.95pre10 (this is the version currently on MBRepository).  If you're using an SVN version, that probably explains why it's crashing.  The development versions will likely contain all sorts of changes that TweakMB is not setup to handle.

TweakMB 3.05 was released this afternoon.  The one cool addition to this version (well, I think it's cool anyway :mrgreen:) is a tweak that allows you to choose your quest from a menu when requesting a task (as opposed to the game randomly picking one for you).  This works for village elders, guildmasters, and lords.  Only quests that are actually eligible to be offered will be shown.

This is something I created myself in the module system, so hopefully it works for everyone!  Check out the screenshots below to get an idea of what it does.  Also, please be aware that this tweak is ONLY for Native 1.134!

3.05 (02.27.11)
  • Added tweak to allow you to choose your quest from a menu when requesting a task from a village elder, guildmaster, or lord
  • New interface for selecting the tweak database when loading a module
  • Tweaks for sieges and ammo were moved under the "Battle Options" menu within TweakMB

Guildmaster quest menu
mb1wm.jpg
Lord quest menu
mb2w.jpg
Village elder quest menu
mb3g.jpg

Havent tested out the new battle continuation yet.... been lucky so far :grin:

I have however been getting a brief bit of lag, almost a lockup when using the select quest bit.

Not sure if its a real problem or just something wonky on my end though.

Back
Top Bottom