TW - Fix the Perks Please!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says, could the devs PLEASE fix the perks? Why do we have to rely on a community patch that could conflict with other mods, and a lot of players spending their time to work on that mod, when the perks are a significant part of gameplay, and should've been prioritized/fixed after it was first mentioned by many different players? We aren't even talking about 1 or 2 perks, we are talking about like 20 perks not working at all. If you all think the game is unstable from all the crashes, it's just as bad leveling up many skills and get all those perks that does nothing at all.

I really appreciate all you guys have been doing patch wise, but I really think this should be prioritized over many of the stuff you guys have fixed.

Adding new features or editing ones can cause more crashes and errors that would have to get fixed, with that in mind do u think its smarter to fix all the crashes/errors that are currently in the game before doing other things?

I hoping so hard that they making a whole new system and that's why they're not coding the perks.

That's pretty much low priority right now since crashing and bug fixings are top priority.
If they have time to break the economy and caravans and auto calc and buff and nerf tournaments, they can be bothered to paste simple stuff into the skill folder to make perks work.

Adding new features or editing ones can cause more crashes and errors that would have to get fixed, with that in mind do u think its smarter to fix all the crashes/errors that are currently in the game before doing other things?

Well i agree to your point, but i don't see how fixing the perks are new features, they were there since day one, they just don't work...? Any additional code introduced is prone to error/crashes, that is true, that doesn't mean they should completely ignore it just because there is that risk though. While attempting to fix the game, any fix could introduce additional crashes/errors, but they would try and fix them anyway.

I hoping so hard that they making a whole new system and that's why they're not coding the perks.

If they have time to break the economy and caravans and auto calc and buff and nerf tournaments, they can be bothered to paste simple stuff into the skill folder to make perks work.

Totally agree there, I didn't want to sound like I don't appreciate them trying to fix other stuff, even if the fix didn't work out as well as they thought it would be, but I do think they should listen to the players better, as I wonder how many people complained about Caravan, vs at least I see a lot of people talking about perks not working.

Totally agree there, I didn't want to sound like I don't appreciate them trying to fix other stuff, even if the fix didn't work out as well as they thought it would be, but I do think they should listen to the players better, as I wonder how many people complained about Caravan, vs at least I see a lot of people talking about perks not working.
That's why I'm thinking they're working on a bigger revamp of the skills/perks. If you look at them, so many perks have very vague or incorrect descriptions or effects that seem to not work with the actual game mechanics. Make me think it's mostly left over from earlier ideas for the game that got scrapped or changed.

Well i agree to your point, but i don't see how fixing the perks are new features, they were there since day one, they just don't work...? Any additional code introduced is prone to error/crashes, that is true, that doesn't mean they should completely ignore it just because there is that risk though. While attempting to fix the game, any fix could introduce additional crashes/errors, but they would try and fix them anyway.
Welp, we rly can't know how this seems to TaleWorlds. They have much more knowledge on this topic, so I'd just let them do what they want. Pretty sure when it comes to coding a game they know better then me and 99% of the members using this forum.

Welp, we rly can't know how this seems to TaleWorlds. They have much more knowledge on this topic, so I'd just let them do what they want. Pretty sure when it comes to coding a game they know better then me and 99% of the members using this forum.

That's fair, I just wanted to voice my concern, they could decide to consider it if they thought it has merit, or ignore it completely based on what you said.

That's why I'm thinking they're working on a bigger revamp of the skills/perks. If you look at them, so many perks have very vague or incorrect descriptions or effects that seem to not work with the actual game mechanics. Make me think it's mostly left over from earlier ideas for the game that got scrapped or changed.

I see what you are saying, I hope so too then. Probably will go play something else and come back in a few days to see if anything changed. I feel like checking for patches everyday has become something that could be exciting lol.

I pick all the extra health points, they seem to work and its nice with extra hp, so that maybe just maybe I survive that one javelin that I didn't see among the 100s of javelins and arrows coming my way.

PSA:
Perks are getting a rework, as confirmed by Callum =D
It makes sense that they haven't been fixing perks based on the above knowledge. I hope that @Callum can share more info as able?

Developing characters is always one of my favorite aspects of a game and I am REALLY looking forward to see that fully functional within bannerlord (I know many of us are :party:)
So basically they messed up and need to do it again, GG!!

This is one of the MANY things that were supposed to be done, tested and fixed BEFORE publishing.

There's understandable concern about non-functioning perks. Lots of "fix perks!" post & threads like this one, and they're valid.

But I really don't care about the perks (at least not at current stage). Because they're just a smaller part of a much bigger problem: this character development and leveling system is just depressing.

And I choose that word "depressing" carefully...it's how the leveling system makes me feel as a player. The basic paradigm of Bannerlord character development is trying to optimize a relatively mediocre character within the constraints of a continually-shrinking box (i.e., the restrictions of the skill caps and learning-rate decreases). By the time character has reached the mid-20s levels, well, that's it, I better be happy with the toon, because it's about as good as it's ever gonna be.

Yeah, pretty much all RPG leveling systems have some degree of this...they all slow down as character levels increase (and should). But Bannerlord's (even after the recent beta changes) feels unusually restrictive, especially in the way that many skills just stop progressing at all, no matter how much one uses them. And it feels like I reach that "glacially slow" state much earlier in a playthrough than occurs in most other RPGs (including predecessor Warband).

Against the larger system of which they're a part, the perk issues just seem small potatoes to me.

So basically they messed up and need to do it again, GG!!

This is one of the MANY things that were supposed to be done, tested and fixed BEFORE publishing.
No, they just never really implemented it and use the current system as a place holder until they finish development for it. They also told you that on the store page, so if it it's so important to you it would've been wiser to purchase the game later.

In the meantime I hope the devs don't listen too much to all the conflicting opinions on the forums, otherwise we'll never get a fully playable game.
In one thread people complain that they shouldn't waste their time with minor balancing (like garrisons not starving...) and here it seems like a +1.5% damage for throwing axes is the most important thing...

What perks currently work?
looks like scout skill trees more than 125-level skills doesn't have effect.All involve moving speed bonuses, involving recruitment and consumption of arms, and advanced business skills doesn't have effect.Bow Expert,Crossbow Expert,Mounted Archer,Crossbow Cavalry are not effect.

Back
Top Bottom