[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm guessing that the items that show up on the rightmost panel (during the screen when you upgrade their armor / re-equip them) are dependent on the stats, except for Noldor items? I could've sworn that there were some weapons equipable with just 10 strength, but maybe not.

kenji1104 said:
Simple triggers tweak for training isn't working for 3.9 anymore
Of course not, because the source code got edited so that CKO units are finally able to equip every single item you give them (@Dusk Voyager's tweak). As a result, the compiled .txt file is different as well. Personally, I can't help to update that tweak, as I'm not familiar with modding PoP, sorry.

Couple questions if anyone knows the answer. I'm making some knights without ranged weapons and am wondering how they will use 4 slots.

-I think recently a change was made so lances will not be used on foot so I can give them a lance without worrying about this, that's good. I think they should also swap to 1h when their horse is stopped and fighting close range right? (could swear I observed this on AI knights...)
-If I give them 2 shields, will they swap on their other shield if one is broken?
-If I have 3 melee weapons, 1 lance, then say a sword, then a blunt for prisoners, is there some preference for which they will swap to when on foot? Just randomly pick between the sword and mace? Or choose whatever is 'higher' on the equip screen?

As I type this it occurs to me I can try testing this with companions. Can I assume companion AI for weapon use would be the same as the KHOs?

EDIT: Tried to test some of this with companions.
-Don't seem to swap out of lance at close range with horse stopped :sad:  My workaround might be to give them lances anyways but tell them to swap  to blunt after charge to force use of a 1h. But maybe I'm too lazy for this.
-Seem to prefer melee weapon which is 'lowest' on the equip screen, but the shield which is 'highest', but prefer lance while on horse.
-So far unsuccessful in testing if they swap to backup shield, usually get rushed/KOd before their shield breaks.

As it was requested by some people to be able tweak your CKO's training times, I decided to have a look at simple_triggers.txt and I've found what needs to be changed. Just search for:
18.000000 (followed by "155 2133 2 1224979098644774912 -1")
Which stands for how frequently your units have a chance to receive some stat, skill and proficiency bonuses expressed in hours. Change that 18 to a smaller amount in order to fasten the training process, like 12, 6 or 1. Faster than a 1 hour frequency is going overboard, so be warned.

And just to make it clear, this tweak to fasten the equipping process still works for 3.9.1:
Open scripts.txt file in the "Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.XXX".
Under the entry called "get_item_upgrade_cost_and_time -1", search for the function "100 2108 2 1224979098644774920" without the quotation marks.
The "100" affects how long it takes for your Order Knights and Sergeants to get new equipment.

P.S.: Before @MitchyMatt appears, stating that "we do not support tweaks at this point", I'd like to inform everyone that this is just a fastening tweak, which I don't find any harmful for a legit playthrough. Furthermore, this will help with testing CKO-s in general, so that you can get feedback faster if there's something wrong :!:

Gorvex said:
And just to make it clear, this tweak to fasten the equipping process still works for 3.9.1:
Open scripts.txt file in the "Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.XXX".
Under the entry called "get_item_upgrade_cost_and_time -1", search for the function "100 2108 2 1224979098644774920" without the quotation marks.
The "100" affects how long it takes for your Order Knights and Sergeants to get new equipment.

Does the 100 scale the equip time? So like a 50 would be half time and 0 would be instant equipping or something? I'd like to test some stuff and an instant equip time would be ideal.

EDIT: Ah, per the first post in this thread, increasing the 100 makes it go faster.

aimlessgun said:
Does the 100 scale the equip time? So like a 50 would be half time and 0 would be instant equipping or something? I'd like to test some stuff and an instant equip time would be ideal.
As I said in a previous post, I'm not that familiar with modding, so I'm unsure how that value scales. But instant equipping can't be achieved, as @Konrad added a safety check of 1 day minimum, to avoid negative upgrade times when changing gear from a higher quality item to a lover one.

@Gorvex We are not looking only for bugs reports, but gameplay feedback as well. User may report e.g. that game is not balanced or too easy and forgot to mention that he/she has cko terminators by day 40. And we can only refer to vanilla game so it really doesn't when we work on a final patch.

@Konrad: so do you want me to remove that post?

You can't amass CKO troops early on, as their reinforcement rates for garrisons are kinda low now. And you would need to take a walled fief and earn a good amount of money first, which would most likely need some cheating at the early stages of the game.

P.S.: I made the training time frequency to be 12 hours for myself (from the 18h in 3.9, which was 24h originally). I find it to be reasonable, as I don't have to wait 500 days for my CKO to start becoming really strong, but more like 300 days (+ days until I establish the first chapter), which is still a lot of time, but at least I can use my CKO towards the end of conquering Pendor, without having to hold back much in terms of time to see them in my battles kicking some butt.

Maybe this could be attached to the "Campaign AI difficulty", like some other stuff are. Depending on the option player decides to take, it takes longer or shorter (values 12, 18 and 24)

Ralyks said:
Maybe this could be attached to the "Campaign AI difficulty", like some other stuff are. Depending on the option player decides to take, it takes longer or shorter (values 12, 18 and 24)

I would prefer to just be able to tweak it independently of other campaign AI options.

Legit and gain by hard grinding. No tweaks used to shorten timers. v.3.8 (almost 1year old gameplay), 2000+ days. Was it worth it? Probably no, but I am powergamer  :wink:. I will going to make a guide for powergaming, which explain how to max all (it is mostly hard grinding thought).

My CKO:
TMreTR8.jpg

Dequ said:
Legit and gain by hard grinding. No tweaks used to shorten timers. v.3.8 (almost 1year old gameplay), 2000+ days. Was it worth it? Probably no, but I am powergamer  :wink:. I will going to make a guide for powergaming, which explain how to max all (it is mostly hard grinding thought).

My CKO:
TMreTR8.jpg

If you would QG Leth to 63 STR and AGI you could have made the sergeants reach max STR and AGI aswell :smile:

Really looks nice (and now i can remove this from my bucket list  :razz: )

But why wouldn't you use noldor gauntlets or darkwood arrows?(same dmg but more arrows) (or noldor or melitine for more dmg or ammo)

If you capture the noldor lords you can get even better gauntlets and helmets and gloves

SE4 R@1DER said:
Dequ said:

My CKO:
TMreTR8.jpg

If you would QG Leth to 63 STR and AGI you could have made the sergeants reach max STR and AGI aswell :smile:

Really looks nice (and now i can remove this from my bucket list  :razz: )

But why wouldn't you use noldor gauntlets or darkwood arrows?(same dmg but more arrows) (or noldor or melitine for more dmg or ammo)

If you capture the noldor lords you can get even better gauntlets and helmets and gloves

Leth was my profiency trainer. Sigmund ST trainer and Ansen AG trainer. After all training upgraded CKO  7x Times using denars to max those stats. All qualis gems execpt 4 used to buff companions. Maybe have to change some cko gears. That helmet gives most body armor and my goal was to max out body armor value since it has biggest hit box, head shots are deadly even with few more armor on head. This version 3.8 there is no better gauntlet. Yes I have unlocked all noldor stuff.

Why can't I upgrade custom knighthood order sergeants? Am I missing something? Doesn't that make custom knighthood order sergeants completely useless? I can't equip them with a mount or any notable equipment, just stuff that will keep them alive, and even then they will not stay alive with stats like that....

finedwarvenmods said:
Why can't I upgrade custom knighthood order sergeants?
Why can't you walk on water? Train them further and in time they will be like noldors, only better.
In 3.9.1 it's of no use to use them early since free generation was almost killed, but to help with low pros equip them with Sarleon Halberd, Noldor Long Sword (ELS or faster ebony sword if NLS is locked) and Heavy Board Shield to have good melee infantry.

finedwarvenmods said:
Why can't I upgrade custom knighthood order sergeants? Am I missing something? Doesn't that make custom knighthood order sergeants completely useless? I can't equip them with a mount or any notable equipment, just stuff that will keep them alive, and even then they will not stay alive with stats like that....
Train your CKO with companions, buy your companions some Dusts of Twilight to boost their stats even further if you so desire, and upgrade the CKO knights only when companions can't teach anything more to your CKO units (both knights and sergeants). This way, you'll have the best units in the game.

Other than that, it would still be very nice if KO sergeants in general could be upgraded a little bit, by gaining half the stats of what knights get upon each upgrade. That being +1 STR & AGI, as well as +10 weapon profs. Nothing game- or balance-breaking, but a nice little upgrade aesthetically, so that you won't feel frustrated for buying a chosen KO 7 upgrades (totaling at 1,27 million denars), with the sergeants staying on the exact same level as before (on par with faction top-tiers for regular KO-s)...

Gorvex said:
finedwarvenmods said:
Train your CKO with companions, buy your companions some Dusts of Twilight to boost their stats even further if you so desire, and upgrade the CKO knights only when companions can't teach anything more to your CKO units (both knights and sergeants). This way, you'll have the best units in the game.

Other than that, it would still be very nice if KO sergeants in general could be upgraded a little bit, by gaining half the stats of what knights get upon each upgrade. That being +1 STR & AGI, as well as +10 weapon profs. Nothing game- or balance-breaking, but a nice little upgrade aesthetically, so that you won't feel frustrated for buying a chosen KO 7 upgrades (totaling at 1,27 million denars), with the sergeants staying on the exact same level as before (on par with faction top-tiers for regular KO-s)...

I'm a little confused, how do I train my sergeants with my companions? It seems like I'm missing something critical about how to upgrade my CKO or didn't read something like a fool.......

With a CKHO, you can improve stats of both types of troops of the order by sending a companion to train them. This is explained in detail in the wiki.
See "training".
http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Knighthood_Order

Back
Top Bottom