[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

Concerning going straight to best gear or upgrade to it from quicker cheaper gear.

When you found your order your knights will not be able to wear any of the best gear aside from the fact you might not have unlocked it all yet.

Since current gear cuts down time and cost of new gear it should save a lot of time to find the best bargains among the best gear they can get out of the box and equip them with that immediately upon founding.

Or so I'd imagine anyway. Plus you'd get the added benefit of having them operational sooner. And the order in which to do it is almost laid out for you. IIRC they start out with only 3 Riding so they can't get a warhorse right away. But they can get a very decent armour straight away and some of them are much cheaper / quicker than others.

By the time their armour is ready they should have higher Riding skill, at least 4 and enough to find a decent bargain.  Or just go for weapon this time.

Something like this.

You can very quickly equip the top gauntlets and boots, I think.

Also, the top shields are fast (if you use them) and Noldor arrows from the start. So I spent 66 days (or so) putting two stacks of noldor arrows to start with. More than enough time for a top STR/trainer character to get them able to use the good gauntlets//boots.

Mind you, the Armor was second last (21 STR for that amazing ebony plate) with the Noldor bow last (needed 6 PD, surprisingly long for the sergeants to get).

i have 70 honor and 1400 prestige/renown, am a member of the shadow legion, but not of the empire, and cant seem to do or find their quests. i have a chapter of the shadow legion in one castle, and wish to establish my own order in windholm, but i dont seem to get the option. i can make silvermist even though i dont have grey archers, order of the dragon, shadow legion, order of the falcon, and one or two others, but nothing from the d'shar, or my own order...why is that? any help?

If you already done some order quests, simply wait for them to become available again - there is a cooldown period after each quest so you can't just spam the same quests over and over. I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't do or find their quests", that's ambigious. Talk to their Order representative in the castle, if there's nothing available, talk to him again in a week or two.
Look again at the conditions needed to establish your Order. You may be short on money, don't have a gem or there's already an Order chapter in Windholm.
Some Orders, like the Windriders, require a certain culture. Yours is Pendorian. See Notes->Concepts for help on orders and conditions to establish them.

no, i simply cant do order missions period. the person i spoke to who made me fight the three guys? all i can ask him is his skills and nevermind, always, and as for not being prepared, there is no order in windholm, there are two kierguards guarding the door, not a kierguard and a knight, and i have two qualis gems in my possesion, and over 200000 denars, or around that. i can create several other orders, ebony gauntlet, falcon, griffon, silvermist, shadow legion, dragon, and one more i think, but the option shown in the spoiler in the beginning of this thread is absent, to create my own order.

you sir, have actually surprised me...when did 3.6 come out that i didnt get it? i only recently downloaded this one, and had assumed this entire time that i was on 3.6...sorry for wasting your time...

it does, trying to download it now, i have no idea why i got 3.42 instead of 3.6.1, i had thought i was up to date this entire time...

There are interesting stuffs in different version, that's why I have both 3.51 and 3.611 installed.
For example, before 3.6 (3.51 or older) there is no Custom Knighthood Order, Maiden tree doesn't have Maiden Noble, no unique spawn sacking towns and various other minor differences.

So whats the up with the bows? Why is there only 3 choices and all of them crap. I love archer characters and I was going to make an order called The Chosen Rangers of UllrVetr  after Wolfbode appeared and I had gotten UllrVetr's  bow. I have trained my Knights and sergeants to where their stats are pretty damn High and I still haven't gotten the more powerful bows. I mean hell I can't even give them a damn longbow. I was going to train them from Ravenstern Knights. Can I only train Archer CKO units from say Grey Archers or D'shar Noble Calvary who actually have decent archery stats?  I've waited, I've tried talking to Guildmasters, Stewards, armourers and Weaponsmiths and still the only damn choices for bows I get are the same crappy 3. According to this thread if I trained them High Enough and waited long enough than eventually I would have that gear. Well I poured plenty of Coin and Prestiege into that damn Order and I'd like to atleast be able to give them longbows. Not crappy, low-powered, hunting, short, or nomad bows.

So is there a chance the POP Modders could tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

GreenArcher said:
So whats the up with the bows? Why is there only 3 choices and all of them crap. I love archer characters and I was going to make an order called The Chosen Rangers of UllrVetr  after Wolfbode appeared and I had gotten UllrVetr's  bow. I have trained my Knights and sergeants to where their stats are pretty damn High and I still haven't gotten the more powerful bows. I mean hell I can't even give them a damn longbow. I was going to train them from Ravenstern Knights. Can I only train Archer CKO units from say Grey Archers or D'shar Noble Calvary who actually have decent archery stats?  I've waited, I've tried talking to Guildmasters, Stewards, armourers and Weaponsmiths and still the only damn choices for bows I get are the same crappy 3. According to this thread if I trained them High Enough and waited long enough than eventually I would have that gear. Well I poured plenty of Coin and Prestiege into that damn Order and I'd like to atleast be able to give them longbows. Not crappy, low-powered, hunting, short, or nomad bows.

So is there a chance the POP Modders could tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Question...are the mounted? Cause that MIGHT be causing it...just saying MIGHT be...cause that's what I think it is...not 100% sure though,but worth a shot right? Also this question will get asked, cause it's mandatory obviously)...what is the powerdraw on your knights?

I too have noticed this restriction placed on knights, I have a powerdraw of 8 on my knights and the best bow available is a Melitine horse bow. On the other hand Hero Adventurers appear to be equipped with no more than a composite short bow as are the Rangers of the Clarion Call and both are rather deadly archers so it never seemed like a huge thing.

Only those bows that your troops can actually use are shown as available, same as any equipment.
If they have a horse, only those usable on horse will show up. If they have Power Draw N, only those bows requiring Power Draw less or equal to N will show up.

Rpground said:
Question...are the mounted? Cause that MIGHT be causing it.
Very likely.

MadVader said:
Only those bows that your troops can actually use are shown as available, same as any equipment.
If they have a horse, only those usable on horse will show up. If they have Power Draw N, only those bows requiring Power Draw less or equal to N will show up.

Rpground said:
Question...are the mounted? Cause that MIGHT be causing it.
Very likely.

Seems a bit silly to me, You're going to be able to see from the text that the bow you're giving them cannot be used on horseback and you are doing this simply because you might accidentally run into a siege later on at some point. so they'll just have to stick with the other weapons you adorn them with in regular battle.

The case for allowing giving them weapons useful only in sieges was made before and it makes sense.

However, what would actually happen is a bunch or newbies giving infantry-only equipment to their knights then spamming the board with complaints why are their troops fighting with their fists.

EDIT: Actually a more general solution is to be able to define TWO equipment (weapon slots only) loadouts for each troop, including the player, one for field battles, the other one for sieges, village raids, lairs and such.
This I found is really useful when on a campaign - instead of endless clicks to reequip before and after siege battles.
Unfortunately, the game's equipment screens are hardcoded, and this is not easy to mod in.

Well I don't really mind as the Melitine horsebow with a power draw of 8 tends to clear walls just as well as anything else, the newbies have a point though, why can't you just duel wield 2 pavise shields and hit people with them while riding on a horse?

If you figure out that equipment thing and work it into the mod that would be lovely though.

So how many denars would I need to spend to get my custom knights to a level of stats comparable to existing knights with some decent equipment?

Back
Top Bottom