[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

MadVader said:
EDIT: Actually a more general solution is to be able to define TWO equipment (weapon slots only) loadouts for each troop, including the player, one for field battles, the other one for sieges, village raids, lairs and such.
This I found is really useful when on a campaign - instead of endless clicks to reequip before and after siege battles.
Unfortunately, the game's equipment screens are hardcoded, and this is not easy to mod in.

Windy was working on an idea for dynamic weapon sets for companions.  Something like that would require WSE though.

deftech said:
MadVader said:
EDIT: Actually a more general solution is to be able to define TWO equipment (weapon slots only) loadouts for each troop, including the player, one for field battles, the other one for sieges, village raids, lairs and such.
This I found is really useful when on a campaign - instead of endless clicks to reequip before and after siege battles.
Unfortunately, the game's equipment screens are hardcoded, and this is not easy to mod in.

Windy was working on an idea for dynamic weapon sets for companions.  Something like that would require WSE though.
That was interesting, thanks for sharing. Could be done without WSE for the player, his companions and heroes in general, you switch their weapon sets just before a battle.
However, regular troops can be a problem, and that's why you need to look at spawning agents and their equipped items.On the other hand, do you really need regular troops with two item sets? Apart from disabling lances in foot battles, there's no reason to switch troop items.

No I agree that it's a bit overkill to add multiple sets to regular troops.  I envision CKHO's as more of a supplemental force rather than the end all be all troop replacer.  If someone is die hard about using lances and keeps running into issues with the knights not switching, it's probably easier to just switch to one of the no-shield polearms and add the couchable flag to it.

Hey guys i have a question concerning the culture,

i'm a vassal of the Fierds (infantry only playthrough, well so far, its getting a bit boring :wink: )
and now i have my first own castle and can only upgrade knights from valkyries,

isn't that a huge disadvantage or do all ckmho units start with the same base stats?

can i change the culture later maybe?

what happens when i choose valkyries now and later change to pendorian culture, my ckmho becomes worthless right?

except for normal lady valkyries i also couldn't create any other orders

cause when it only goes with valkyries at this time i'm thinking about switching to empire to have at least other possibilites
to create another order like immortals or shadows, although i'd have to choose empire culture in my future kingdom which is not my favorite, but i want a ckmho now :smile:

would be cool to know whether theres a possibilty to change this

Click on Notes->Concepts->Reference: Knighthood Orders to see everything you need to know.
You can only upgrade from Valkyries because your nobles can upgrade to Valkyries.
You can change your culture later and both your nobles and the source troops for your CKO will change as well.
Read the tips in the first post of this thread.

thank you for the quick answer,

i've red the whole instruction, but the part with the culture is a little bit unclear
so my ckmho will always train knights out of the culture nobles/ knights i have at the moment

cause i understood it the way: i found a chapter while i am fierd, CKO always needs fierd nobles til the end of time

tanks again for making it clear :smile:

No. Your culture is the matter. If you change your culture, your CKO's upgrade path will change to the equivalent of the new culture. And gender too. That means if you change from Fierdsvain to D'Shar, you will upgrade CKO from Noble Cavalry instead of Valkyrie. And you CKO will be dudes once again.

Osium said:
AnddyiRaynor said:
MitchyMatt said:
Osium said:
It was on the tail end of a previous page, but would you mind checking what I asked earlier MV regarding any custom items being avaliable for Custom Orders?

Most likely that there scripting that selects item ranges for various things and without editing those your new ingame item won't be found. That's my guess.

Nah I did that when I was expanding the amount of items cheatmenu checks, but it had no effect on the range it checks for items added that weren't in there when the module system turned it all to txt which I doubt anyone else thought of but it's to bad it didn't work  :???:. Not saying it is impossible if someone tries hard enough though, I merely did it quickly so I could check out 3.6.

You may be able to do what Madvader just suggested and it might work but it may not, and you'd want to make sure if you change anything that the item is of the exact same type as the one you replaced so it doesn't cause problems.

It is what I ended up doing, it's just a pain in the rear to go through and check who uses what so no enemies show up with my order specific armor! Or, it's limited to extremely rare enemy types that I will rarely run into.

Decided to reply to this. Will not give any specific instructions, but know that with how it's currently set up, allowing custom items to show up will also unlock all other items (that are not meant to show up). Hint: the name prepare_dummy_and_wardrobe_for_upgrade and the number 65 is important. You of course also have to change item ranges, which you can find elsewhere.

Disclaimer: meddling w/ occult strongly advised against due to the above reason. Apologies if this is too/insufficiently obscure.

After reading some earlier posts I'm a little confused about what bows are available to CKO troops. I have 7 power draw on my knights but the best bow I have access to is the Melintine army bow, is there any way to get Noldor bows?

Jokhan said:
After reading some earlier posts I'm a little confused about what bows are available to CKO troops. I have 7 power draw on my knights but the best bow I have access to is the Melintine army bow, is there any way to get Noldor bows?

Yes.. but you have to unlock the ability.  There are 2 unlocks for Noldor

1) Getting (I think) 70+ relations with them then talking to the vendor in their castle with the secrets line he has.

2) Capture a Named Noldor Lord from a Noldor Army with option he gives to unlock another set of equipment for your CKO.

Which unlock has the bow, I am not sure.

The vendor in the Noldor Castle unlocks all the Noldor weapons I think. At least the War-, Long- and Runesword and the bow. He also unlocks all the helms, and most of the horses.  If you want the best shield, horses and armor you have to defeat and capture a Noldor lord.

How do you capture noldor lord if you have 100 relation with them? (it doesn't even let me help my lords/tropps when noldors are fighting them)
I asked one of my companions to train my knights but it doesn't increase their stats to the same level and even if I ask him again to train them, it does not increase any further. Is there any trick to train them properly?(up to exactly the same level as the companion)

Juggern said:
How do you capture noldor lord if you have 100 relation with them? (it doesn't even let me help my lords/tropps when noldors are fighting them)
I asked one of my companions to train my knights but it doesn't increase their stats to the same level and even if I ask him again to train them, it does not increase any further. Is there any trick to train them properly?(up to exactly the same level as the companion)
You have to reduce your relations by insulting the dude in the Noldor castle.

Juggern said:

Often they get no stat increase. It takes a really long time. To be honest I couldn't wait that long myself - I cheated by giving Jocelyn levels 'till he had 30 Int and 10 Trainer.  Extra skill points went to PD, PT, HA, Shields and stuff like that :smile:. Nothing maxed though. Siggi will still have to have a turn with them someday.

P.s.  His weekly wages are monstrous now.

Sooo .. if i make my own Custom Knighthood order while being vassal of Empire they will require Empire nobles and when i go independent and choose Pendor for my culture they will need Pendor nobles . Did i get it right ???

Canaris said:
Sooo .. if i make my own Custom Knighthood order while being vassal of Empire they will require Empire nobles and when i go independent and choose Pendor for my culture they will need Pendor nobles . Did i get it right ???
Yep. They will change to match your culture

Back
Top Bottom