Turning bandits into noble troops is silly to me

Users who are viewing this thread

so it's the obvious best design.
Just wanted to point out this is very horrible logic, a subjective opinion turned manipulative. If that was the obvious best design, then why do I not like it? :razz:

Personally I would be annoyed if everything becomes a matter of going to castles to recruit nobles and going to villages to recruit common troops. That gets so gamey it's off-putting. I like that noble recruits are rare, and I like that they need to develop at a village. You think taking them out of villages and exclusively offering them at castles is the "obvious best design" but it's incredibly shallow design.

I would much rather it be that a limited amount of recruitment just like the villages was available at the castles, and that these MAY be noble but no more likely than in villages. The obvious best design is for that other way to exist in a mod, just like it existed for Warband. Ruin the main game with it and it won't make the game more fun, just more monotonous and the noble troops will become much less significant. Meanwhile I actually go to some effort to get my hands on them...if it were no effort I don't think I'd even bother with anything else.

Just wanted to point out this is very horrible logic, a subjective opinion turned manipulative. If that was the obvious best design, then why do I not like it? :razz:
I'll explain why. These things are not so subjective as you make them in an effort to have one of your "debates".
First, the important prerequisite is that the noble and commoner troop trees are separate (Warband had them all in the same troop tree, mods corrected this).
Second, nobles were historically not found in villages. This is why this threads exists and calls the idea stupid. It is stupid. The logical places for hiring nobles are castles and towns, where the nobility actually lives. This fixes another design problem in BL, giving value to castles.
You got a realism fix and a gameplay fix with one simple change. Obviously the best idea.

You are welcome.

I'll explain why. These things are not so subjective as you make them in an effort to have one of your "debates".
First, the important prerequisite is that the noble and commoner troop trees are separate (Warband had them all in the same troop tree, mods corrected this).
Second, nobles were historically not found in villages. This is why this threads exists and calls the idea stupid. It is stupid. The logical places for hiring nobles are castles and towns, where the nobility actually lives. This fixes another design problem in BL, giving value to castles.
You got a realism fix and a gameplay fix with one simple change. Obviously the best idea.

You are welcome.
Thanks, but I must decline.

That's just more subjective and manipulative rhetoric to argue that the first wasn't, and I think there's also a misunderstanding at play as to what subjective means.

What you call problems have never been problems for me, as they would be if they were not subjectively problems for you. I literally have no interest in debating the subjectivity of your personal opinion, dude. That's exactly what subjective means. :razz:

Some people prefer one thing, others somehing else - however as I already stated in my previous posts solution that has been already implemented does have some grounds in real world history (sure - this wasn't as common as its in the game but as I already stated - it is a game ind some things have to be simplified).

Finally - lets face it - those "noble" troops ain't so far better than those from normal tre and if you play on realistic dmg setting - tend to die just as common ones.

Some people prefer one thing, others somehing else - however as I already stated in my previous posts solution that has been already implemented does have some grounds in real world history (sure - this wasn't as common as its in the game but as I already stated - it is a game ind some things have to be simplified).
Exactly. The real benefit and advantage of discussion in these forums is that we can outline our common ground, and find ways to make it work that satisfy everyone. When we explain why we object, we expand the perspective on the issues at hand. We all have blind-spots, simply based on our points of view most of the time, on where our focus is at. This thread does highlight a lot of common ground around this idea, too, I think.

I'm less sure about the noble troops being not so far better, though. The Khan's Guard, for example, is leaps and bounds more effective than the Heavy Horse Archer, and there aren't really any archers that can keep pace with Fian Champions. They're definitely very high value, even if they can die about as easily. Survivability does tend to increase, however, just for the sake of how effective they are at killing what gets close.

"They're definitely very high value, even if they can die about as easily. Survivability does tend to increase, however, just for the sake of how effective they are at killing what gets close."
They do so while you - as a player - command hem. While dumb AI has them - they are not so good. They still have same weak spots as other troops, that AI lets you exploit at will.

And I agree - those are better troops - but not to the point that would make fighting over their to low or to high availability be worth it... Plus - with no gold income exploit - I bet most players will have hard time affording them as pointed out by said players in so many topics...

Finally - this is still a work in progress as its early access.

Last edited:
did you know my men rolf, son of rolf, of the house of rolf? he is the proof that a bandit can be a noble :wink:
Mount%26Blade_Rolf.jpg

...the irony being your own character is essentially no different from a bandit, as in, a low-born person with abysmally low spec with no distinguishing qualities for any kind of 'promotion' in life other than what one might progress in many years -- and yet, nobody questions this.

It's just a game system with a bit of a reward for using bandit troops that are of low quality, on the condition you've worked hard to increase leadership. If you start dragging in 'making sense" into the game, then you better start questioning everything equally, instead of just the parts you personally don't like.

The fact that there's no Rolf, great-great grandfather of Rolf in Bannerlord will go down in history as the greatest missed opportunity of all time.
but as far i remember the original name of Rolf isnt Rolf XD, maybe im wrong but as far i remember Deshavi knows his identify
we need a jeremus, but maybe he could die in the first battle

Maybe what Taleworlds is trying to get across to us is that we must *become* the Rolf.

I mean, we're fraudulent nobles like him to begin with, right? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom