SP - General Tryvenyal Troop - Merged Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I have done 2 draft- suggestions I think together would solve alot issues with Balance and Immersion
Consider them both a draft I would very much want to discuss and elaborate :smile:

Troop diversity and access

I lack recruitment-option to basic/irregular troop-trees. Yes, I can fetch mercs and trade-guards very overpriced(compared to regular troops) from the inns but I would like to recruit into their trees.
Caravanguards, militia and bandits are a bit less equipped than regular faction soldiers. I think they could found a cheaper base of your early-game manpower.

And... Really, should I be able to recruit and upgrade into Legionary-(or any other tree of regular faction-soldiers) tree day one? :razz: I think not! I should have a hard time create a mob of trash! :smile:

This would bring these benefits:
++ Access to more troop-trees
++ Progression-feeling(You get access to better trees as you progress)
++ Foundation for other than noble playthroughs.

Increase troop recruit and upgrade cost and abstract trade goods for their gear

Others have said it well- change money- sink from medium+ tiered gear to medium+ tiered troops.
Here is my detailed draft how it could be fixed - introduce tradegoods that is required to upgrade that represent their gear.

These would bring these benefits:

++ Immersion to the troop-upgrade.
++ Military trade - trade something that is needed by the armies except food
++ Foundation for money-sink- switch from gear -> troops.
++ Expandandable with workshops and perks to create these trade goods(I can picture a basic Smithing-like interface and perks from Stewardship)

Leave your comments :smile:
Help me make them fly!

Back
Top Bottom