Troop Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The Mercenary said:
Currently? Everything from PolySci to Biology to Physics to Calculus to Chemistry to jurisprudence to French to music. I'm going to major in biology and go into the U.S. Army afterward.

How can you study that much? In Germany you can be happy if you manage to study a second course next to your main one  :shock:

And why do you want to got to the army?  :???:

The Mercenary said:
Currently? Everything from PolySci to Biology to Physics to Calculus to Chemistry to jurisprudence to French to music. I'm going to major in biology and go into the U.S. Army afterward.

Army? You can do a hell of a lot better.  The Army and Marines are the worst places for females, because of the nature of most of the guys, you'll end up getting treated like ****.

Air Force and Navy are better choices, but even the Marines will treat you better than what you can expect in the Army.  Trust me I was in the service for almost 7 years and had plenty of time to deal with all 4 branches, so on this subject, I actually do know what I'm talking about.

actually my cousin anna doesn't get treated like **** more then the normal guy there. The marines are a rough, tough group (Think a biker bar but with rules and morales) In the end that nit picking is both training, and bonding. It just happens that most females aren't used to this form of male bonding

Cyrnoodles said:
The Mercenary said:
Donc, on peut parler français avec toi ? :smile:

Oui, mais je deteste ma classe de francais parceque il y a un cours bete.

Joker86 said:
The Mercenary said:

How can you study that much? In Germany you can be happy if you manage to study a second course next to your main one  :shock:

And why do you want to got to the army?  :???:

I'm American.

I don't really feel like explaining my reasons, which would take a long time.

Mini Marine said:
The Mercenary said:

Army? You can do a hell of a lot better.  The Army and Marines are the worst places for females, because of the nature of most of the guys, you'll end up getting treated like ****.

Air Force and Navy are better choices, but even the Marines will treat you better than what you can expect in the Army.  Trust me I was in the service for almost 7 years and had plenty of time to deal with all 4 branches, so on this subject, I actually do know what I'm talking about.

Don't have 20/20 vision and I'm not interested in the Navy.

I would love to see some top tier Rhodok units that always have shields, maybe Elite Swordfighters? With so much cavalry and ranged on the typical battle screening elements are really tough to field. Also just my experience but raiding archers are headshot pwnage, like 70-90 dmg with 60+ armor, not sure if this is intended but the only other unit I suffer ranged hits like this off of is Ivory Archers.

The Mercenary said:

You don't need to have 20/20 vision unless you plan on being a pilot.  My vision was so bad I couldn't even legally drive without corrective lenses...till i got Lasik last year

One suggestion: please give the Swadians an infantry path that results in them getting a shield. Lack of shield + siege tower battle = dead soldier. Just because of the lack of shield I don't bother training any infantry at all, I just use cavalry. They might not be quite as good on foot as infantry, but they're still great fighters and they at least have shields.

Mini Marine said:
The Mercenary said:

You don't need to have 20/20 vision unless you plan on being a pilot.  My vision was so bad I couldn't even legally drive without corrective lenses...till i got Lasik last year

Which I believe the Air Force is allowing people to be pilots now that have 20/20 vision after Lasik.

Still think it should be Karl to Huskarl. None of this Elite crap.

ejnomad07 said:
Which I believe the Air Force is allowing people to be pilots now that have 20/20 vision after Lasik.

yeah, but back when i joined they still were not allowing Lasik cause they were unsure if it would be safe during when under a heavy G-load, and on top of that I wasn't old enough to get Lasik at the time.  You have to be at least 25 to do it.

ejnomad07 said:
1x1General1x1 said:
ejnomad07 said:
servant to house servant eh?

Not really because a Huskarl was a man of the house. House being interpreted as the Royal House. A Karl is just a man.

Yep. Huskarls were the Elite of Norse warriors. How about adding a more potent cavalry force for the Nords? Not as good as the Vaegir, or Swadian, but better than the crappy and useless cavalry units they have? Nord Charger is pointless... And since this is a fictional game set in medieval times it would be cool to see more Rohan in the Nords  :twisted:

I'd also like to see some better Nord spearmen as spears after all was the most prominent Norse weapon, along with the Axe. Swords were reserved for the elite and rich.

I would smack you for the rohan statement but I am sure osmeone else will do it for me... This mod keeps to realism. This is not MEDIEVAL FANTASY.. This is FANTASY MEDIEVAL. Theres a big difference. The hammer and the Cross, The 13th Warrior, these were fantasy medieval. LoTR, DnD, These are Medieval Fantasy.

As for nor cavalry, they are just tougher infantry. Also, Stick your companion archers ontop of a nord charger and watch them become an infantry tank.

Chereokee said:
ejnomad07 said:
1x1General1x1 said:
ejnomad07 said:
servant to house servant eh?

Not really because a Huskarl was a man of the house. House being interpreted as the Royal House. A Karl is just a man.

Yep. Huskarls were the Elite of Norse warriors. How about adding a more potent cavalry force for the Nords? Not as good as the Vaegir, or Swadian, but better than the crappy and useless cavalry units they have? Nord Charger is pointless... And since this is a fictional game set in medieval times it would be cool to see more Rohan in the Nords  :twisted:

I'd also like to see some better Nord spearmen as spears after all was the most prominent Norse weapon, along with the Axe. Swords were reserved for the elite and rich.

ok...uhm ROHAN WHAT THE F...????? first of all i'd like to quote damien here

This mod keeps to realism. This is not MEDIEVAL FANTASY.. This is FANTASY MEDIEVAL. Theres a big difference. The hammer and the Cross, The 13th Warrior, these were fantasy medieval. LoTR, DnD, These are Medieval Fantasy."

and second either you haven't been paying attention to the game or lotr or both...Nords: men of the sea Rohan: MEN OF THE STEPPE....GRASSLANDS...im not 100% sure here either Rohan has no land at the sea at all or very little

third: the strength of the nords lies in their infantry...strength of rohan: cavalry
rohan is like kergith but more of a western version of them
kergith = no infantry rohan = no infantry despite what you might see in movies or games

i got a little question myself now...when assigning equipment to troops is it working with probability? for example huscalrs don't always have shields

now a second question if it is working with probability is it possible for me to change it so that huscarls always have shields? if so how?

Back
Top Bottom