Travellers know the location of Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

tostig

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Quite simply, it would be exceedingly helpful to be able to ask the travellers that you find in pubs the location of recruitable NPC companions. For example:
Character: Hello mate, fancy a pint?
Traveller: Sure, in exchange I'll tell you some hilariously helpful information. Would you like to know about pretenders to the thrones of Calradia (press one) or chaps who happen to be sitting around waiting for you? (two).
Character: Why, I'd like two, s'il vous plais.
Traveller: Sure, which of the following would you like to know about;- Marnid (press one), Borcha (press two) or any of the irritating upstarts (throw yourself off a bridge)?
Character: Hmmm, where in the World is Marnid?
Traveller: He's in the pub in Veluca. That's 50 denars please.
It would take what, five minutes to write?

I would rather it be random.  Like, "I know a little something from my travels.  Are you interested to hear about claimants?  Or perhaps some folks interested in a job?"

Each would cost 100 denars, but who you get to hear about is random.

Ingolifs said:
Actually, the other day a traveller did tell me where to find Artimenner. He was previously part of my party before I got trounced in battle though.

Really?  That is damn cool.  There are so many little details in this game.  i have been playing since early 0.70 versions, and I dont think I have found everything.  Gonna make writing a manual damn near impossible.

It'd be nice if he'd pin down Book Merchants and Ransom Brokers too, or maybe the Tavern Keepers could be brought into the equation for more of the generally-available gossip and information. They really need something to keep themselves occupied nowadays. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom