Too many mountains

Love the Early Access Map?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

gohl6zgfgfh11.png

Wanted to get everyones thoughts on this i am LOVING the game despite all of the balancing flaws (looking at you STEAM ROLLING KINGDOMS)

This is a map from around a year ago of the map of Bannerlord I LOVE the look of it with the variety of areas the modern EA map has WAY too many mountains cant seem to find an image of it online at the moment and the movement around of citties such as moving Sargot to the south makes ZERO sense to me I dont know why they would change such major things such as the geography i personally loved the warband geography and thought this image i posted had very good overall geography as well but the modern EA map feels like the western part of the map is only mountains leaving for very little else just wanted everyone elses thoughts and opinions on the state of the map....... and steam rolling

I mean this post with all the love seriously only want good for the game

I hadn't thought about the mountains really, but now that you mention it there does seem to be a slight over-representation of mountainous terrain.

And yes, moving Sargot and changing the overall geography quite radically from WB does seem a bit odd. I get some geography would change over time, but this feels almost like a whole new map.

While it may not be great for the player to navigate through a lot of mountains, from a kingdom's perspective it's actually not bad and makes things more defensible. If it adds more time to marching armies, costs them more resources (from what I understand in Bannerlord that does matter) then it can prevent those situations where kingdoms get swallowed so easily by others.

I hadn't thought about the mountains really, but now that you mention it there does seem to be a slight over-representation of mountainous terrain.

And yes, moving Sargot and changing the overall geography quite radically from WB does seem a bit odd. I get some geography would change over time, but this feels almost like a whole new map.
To me personally none of it felt like a good change it makes the map feel so choked and smaller to me with the terrain looking a little down right silly

While it may not be great for the player to navigate through a lot of mountains, from a kingdom's perspective it's actually not bad and makes things more defensible. If it adds more time to marching armies, costs them more resources (from what I understand in Bannerlord that does matter) then it can prevent those situations where kingdoms get swallowed so easily by others.
Problem is that it doesnt seem to stop anything a lot of peoples 20 hour playthroughs including my own has lead to one or two kingdom steam rolls preventing nothing and just makes terrain seem so unrealistic and uninteresting but i do love bannerlords new supply lines mechanics

yeah I do think that the map would be better if it was a bit more varied in terms of geographical features and that there are too many mountains right now :grin:

I would also appreciate if the Warband part of the map was more recognizable ... right now it's in weird middle ground between completely new map and a recognizable one and I would prefer if designers would stick to either one of these options ... but I wouldn't mind that much if it stayed as it :smile:

and I would add a complain - I think that it should be more visually clear which terrain is passable and which is not - I was bit surprised which mountains I was able to cross

yeah I do think that the map would be better if it was a bit more varied in terms of geographical features and that there are too many mountains right now :grin:

I would also appreciate if the Warband part of the map was more recognizable
I hardly recognize a single thing from warband i completely agree its like they just made a new map recently and decided to slap citties around with no rhyme or reason to it with sargot in the south now also the beautiful swadian fields and cliffs now just all turned into mountains when like 70% of the map is mountains it makes it so uninteresting

I think it was the other way around - that they started with map that looked like the one from warband but then they were tweaking it and redoing it until it became the thing it is now :grin: and there very well might be a good reasoning behind it ... but it sure looks strange to someone who is used to the warband one

Back
Top Bottom