To the rescue!... or.. not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lancefighter

Sergeant at Arms
So in my current game, one of my cities is under attack by the dark knights. I figure in a valiant effort, I can start a campaign, form a huge defense with what few troops ive got left, and ride forth to rescue the city.

Except.

None of my stupid lords wants to. We are all sitting there next to the city, I enter, thinking everyone else will follow. Nobody does. sooo, city gone. reload later, i try to tell them to go to the city.. nope, they dont want to do that.

Also, they seem to run away, even when our combined forces has a rather decisive numerical advantage - somewhere in the range of 3:1. but nope, since they only have 100 guys each, they dont want to murder this DK lord.. they prefer running away uselessly. Seriously, even AI lords dont even do that, they will follow their marshal into battle if they have numerical superiority.. wtf.

*sigh* im afraid so. I knew it was a crappy idea when I spawned the dark knights right next to my cities.. but noo, I just had to commit suicide.

Well, ive given up on that save. Pity.

I've meant the M&B AI in general, not what it can do with your situation in NE.

Don't give up! Gather your Lords and retake it! Or at least die trying :lol:
Oh and don't forget to take some screenshots for our most august community's amusement.

slaughter? *sigh*

Honestly Im not sure how people manage a siege defense vs them - they outnumber me some 5:1, and I never have enough people to defend all the ladders.

And Ive tried like 5 times to defend the city, it just aint happening. *shrug* this time ill have them invade a bit later when ive got cities that I dont mind them taking >.>

Lancefighter said:
slaughter? *sigh*

Honestly Im not sure how people manage a siege defense vs them - they outnumber me some 5:1, and I never have enough people to defend all the ladders.

And Ive tried like 5 times to defend the city, it just aint happening. *shrug* this time ill have them invade a bit later when ive got cities that I dont mind them taking >.>

Either do it Supa early, or never...

Although black knight armor makes you godlike.

That probably didn't help your mood a ton. sorry.

Have a hug and a cookie.

lol thanks :smile:

I actually managed to defeat one of them in the field - was lucky.. but after I did that, it just weakened my city some more.. and I had no chance at all still.

Lancefighter said:
lol thanks :smile:

I actually managed to defeat one of them in the field - was lucky.. but after I did that, it just weakened my city some more.. and I had no chance at all still.

You have three options, one positive, two negative.

Relocate your territory.

Cheat

Quit.

Let them have it then take it back when the new care taker leaves for a minute. Or knock down someone else's door. Or both...

daumor said:
Let them have it then take it back when the new care taker leaves for a minute. Or knock down someone else's door. Or both...

This won't be possible, because upon taking a territory DK gets instantly full free garrisson (in case of city some 300 elites, in case of castle some 200 elites) atop of armies which took it... This is from the world of NE for a change.

too much archers though, will just render half of them useless as some of them are either clumped down on a valley or at each side of the battle map, unless you send them charging to the walls, which i recommend you to do, if you have lots and lots of patience to train them up all over again

Arbalestiers. Lots of Arbalestiers. You can even send them up the ladders. They rock. I'm missing them in my current game, as all I have is Vaegir marksmen in their tissue-thin armour. Great in the battlefield, but they get mown down in a siege, especially if you accidentally tell them to charge.  :roll:

OIC... I jumped on the "house rulz" bandwagon finally and I only recruit from mercs(can't garrsion) and only form my fiefs or Towns of my faction only. Not nearly as strict as some others but I am a creature of luxuries!

It doesn't really matter if you upgrade them to Ivory Sentinels, they still die like flies to the DK archers in a siege. I have used Elite Rangers and Ivory Sentinels with decent success, though hampered by the retarded archer AI. They will continue to shoot one guy with a shield while a mess of cavalry are riding right up their bums. (This can't always be remedied by telling them to hold fire and then fire at will. I think they are secretly attempting to sabotage me)

I've been meaning to try arbalestiers but they probably lack the rate of fire I require to suppress the DK cavalry in the field. They'll have to be my special team.

The sentinels get ****ed up that bad?

I never have the problem... And the arches get raped by my knights and me so...

Back
Top Bottom