To many bandits!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

While I actually enjoy taking on bandit parties (easy to kill, good for getting new troops levelled up), I agree the fast groups like the steppe and desert bandits, along with Khergit deserters, are annoying simply because you can't catch them. Yeah, I could go drop some troops in a city and chase after them with just my cavalry, but to be honest the rewards gained simply aren't worth that effort.

Fearghus The Killer said:
The problem with the bandits, of all types and stripes, is that they seem to exist in this game independent from anything else going on in the game. What this means is that they are not relative to the overall economics of the game, although they impact the economics of the game. Having to "clear out" hundreds of these critters every few days around Ichamur gets to be a tedius chore. Having to bust the variety of hide-outs for the hundreth time gets to be a tedius chore.  If an area is prosperous, then it should follow that there are fewer bandits. If an area is depressed (i.e. wretchedly desolate...) then perhaps one should find more bandits, but not when you have worked hard to help build-up the economy of a town or region, only to have to spend a couple of game-days a week chasing these pointless little ****s around.

Steppe bandits (nut heads I call them) are the worst because killing hundreds results in few prisoners and lots of routed enemies. You have to trim down you army, change horses, etc. and go after them for a few days, bust their lair, etc. Within only 3 or 4 days, its all back the way it was. In nearly all my games I end up owning the town of Ichamur and then must spend huge amounts of playing time killing these critters.

The Litus module actually creates even more bandits than native, which I find funny seeing that someone must have thought that chasing even more of these bastards around the steppes is a good and fun thing. Even with the rewards in this module (bandits actually carry some decent loot) they still dominate my game play. Pisses me off...

Very good point!!!

Could be scope for a mod - imagine if your town had options to build town watch with the ability for you to place troops in it just like garrisonning a castle. These men then head out and actively patrol the watchtowers seeing range around the town and engaging bandits. With this system you could put fast mounted blunt units into the watch and whenever you watchmen return they add the prisoners taken to prison block. They could even serve as reinforcements to your army if you fight close enough to the town. What is more the garrison townwatch screen should have the ability to hire manhunters in the same way you'd hire mercs.

anyway this should go to privy council in king court if you want changes. you should contact a moderator.

I'd love for the bandits to be able to take a town. Of course it would be a bit unfair as they just spawn and don't have to recruit, but at least you'd have something to worry about in times of peace.

Phoss said:
I'd love for the bandits to be able to take a town. Of course it would be a bit unfair as they just spawn and don't have to recruit, but at least you'd have something to worry about in times of peace.

This is a feature I would also like to see, Bandits as a proper faction, with bandit lords as vassals and possibly a Bandit King as the ruler.

Not a large faction maybe just a casle or a main lair.

Bernard said:
Phoss said:

This is a feature I would also like to see, Bandits as a proper faction, with bandit lords as vassals and possibly a Bandit King as the ruler.

Not a large faction maybe just a casle or a main lair.

That would be pretty sweet  :smile:.

Remember our dear friends the cuttle fish. Put them all together for a prolonged period of time, and only one will be left alive. I think potential for a large bandit army is where it should stop. Short term co-operation between cut throats, easy. Long term in a structured society.... not really.

It gotta be cool to have regional bandit "kings", like Robin Hood or something for forest bandits and Rasputin for taiga bandits :grin:

Yea, why can't I roam from hideout to hideout and recruit bandits? And why doesn't Robin Hood grant me my own hidden hideout if I declare my allegiance to his cause? A hideout that has to be defended against attacking Lords doing missions for some other Lords.

Why can't I roam around Rivacheg coast without having to fear about sea raiders to attack me? Those should be my allies and we should smash those arrogant Lords heads and drink wine out of their skulls.
There seems to be some loyality between all those banditpacks, so why can't I just be a bandit, drinking wine out of skulls in my hidden hideout?

I can be neutral, I can be mercenary, I can be vassal, I can be king. But I can't be bandit. Well, actually you can, but only a bandit that has to fear the realms and the bandits without any hideout to store the phat l3wt.

Local bandit lords would be awesome, one for each type of bandits. Relationship could easily work the same way as it does for other lords, either your friends, in which case he won't attack your caravans etc., or you're enemies in which case he'll be spending most of the game in your dungeons :smile:

Unrelated question related to the most recent patches (which have made Good difficulty quite unfair): If I change AI settingsmid-game, when and how do they take effect? For example, I just started a new campaign that is progressing really well, but I'm at the stage where I should be taking on enemy lords and I'm tired of getting raped by armies of top-tier troops on Good. If I turn down campaign difficulty, will I need to start a new campaign to see the effects? Similar question for Battle AI. And I guess damage modifiers as well. I've always found it weird that it lets you change stuff like that mid-game, in-game.

In my "dreams" about m&b no kingdom is fixed in Calradia. Bandits after gaining power can besiege castles and towns and form new kingdoms. If one of official factions is too weak - it becomes bandit faction. Better yet if there was no distinction between bandit and non bandit factions - just factions with bigger or smaller power. Also themes/fashion/styles of new kingdom to be chosen according to some algorithm...

Back to Earth - I've never had any problem with bandits. In my games they quickly vanish.

i think there game should spawn adventuer who work just like you. they can't begin their own kingdom but can replace lords.

i don't thik bandits should be able to take cities since people wouldn't be on their side and other factions would just gangbang them if they got any cities, but i'd love there to be bandit city in places armies can't get (mountains and thick forest.) bandits and adventurers would spawn from there.

i'd like to see bandits and manhunters have bigger role in game world it caladria after all.

Arkson said:
Yea, why can't I roam from hideout to hideout and recruit bandits? And why doesn't Robin Hood grant me my own hidden hideout if I declare my allegiance to his cause? A hideout that has to be defended against attacking Lords doing missions for some other Lords.

Why can't I roam around Rivacheg coast without having to fear about sea raiders to attack me? Those should be my allies and we should smash those arrogant Lords heads and drink wine out of their skulls.
There seems to be some loyality between all those banditpacks, so why can't I just be a bandit, drinking wine out of skulls in my hidden hideout?

I can be neutral, I can be mercenary, I can be vassal, I can be king. But I can't be bandit. Well, actually you can, but only a bandit that has to fear the realms and the bandits without any hideout to store the phat l3wt.

I absouloutly agree!

what if you can hire mercinaries to take care of the bandit problem around you area. like a party of 60 would be enough to wipe them out.

Bernard said:
baamonster said:
what if you can hire mercinaries to take care of the bandit problem around you area. like a party of 60 would be enough to wipe them out.

Also a great idea. also what about an official merc faction?

Yea, would be fun to recruit peasants and train them along with captives who prefer becoming mercenaries instead of being sold to slavery or imprisoned to hired blade stuff and sell them to Lords.

Phoss said:
Local bandit lords would be awesome, one for each type of bandits. Relationship could easily work the same way as it does for other lords, either your friends, in which case he won't attack your caravans etc., or you're enemies in which case he'll be spending most of the game in your dungeons :smile:

The mod Custom Commander does exactly that. There's one bandit lord for every bandit type. They don't go around besieging anything but other bandits follow them.
You every fought a fight against 900 sea raiders? i did. :grin:

Bernard said:
Arkson said:

I absouloutly agree!

i also agree

Back
Top Bottom