To many bandits!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok I know this has been addressed before and I hate to be a Stickler ****, but there are way to many bandit parties. Seriously Rivacheg is one of the three places it is near impossible to get to unless you have a 100 strong party. Another place is Ichumar (not sure how to spell that), there all you find is steppe bandits in 40 strong parties with 8 groups at a time. Then in the Sarrinad you have desert bandits which are nearly as bad as steppe.

By the time you are level 15 you hardly ever see any caravans due to them being raiden constantly. you also see very few villigers, and villiges over poor prosperity are a rarity.

Sorry I do not mean to rant but it gets on my nerves and I figure the more people complain the more attention the dev's will give it.

Also Rhodok's have way too many top teir troops compared to other factions.

Fearghus The Killer said:
The problem with the bandits, of all types and stripes, is that they seem to exist in this game independent from anything else going on in the game. What this means is that they are not relative to the overall economics of the game, although they impact the economics of the game. Having to "clear out" hundreds of these critters every few days around Ichamur gets to be a tedius chore. Having to bust the variety of hide-outs for the hundreth time gets to be a tedius chore.  If an area is prosperous, then it should follow that there are fewer bandits. If an area is depressed (i.e. wretchedly desolate...) then perhaps one should find more bandits, but not when you have worked hard to help build-up the economy of a town or region, only to have to spend a couple of game-days a week chasing these pointless little ****s around.

Steppe bandits (nut heads I call them) are the worst because killing hundreds results in few prisoners and lots of routed enemies. You have to trim down you army, change horses, etc. and go after them for a few days, bust their lair, etc. Within only 3 or 4 days, its all back the way it was. In nearly all my games I end up owning the town of Ichamur and then must spend huge amounts of playing time killing these critters.

The Litus module actually creates even more bandits than native, which I find funny seeing that someone must have thought that chasing even more of these bastards around the steppes is a good and fun thing. Even with the rewards in this module (bandits actually carry some decent loot) they still dominate my game play. Pisses me off...

This is another valid point to why they should be tweaked down.

It's interesting how different people can have totally different playing experiences. In my game (level 22 so far) I never see a bandit party over 25, and caravans are everywhere.

On the flip side, I do have massive Rhodok armies attacking my cities with 250 sergeants and 250 sharpshooters between them. :razz:

Velax said:
On the flip side, I do have massive Rhodok armies attacking my cities with 250 sergeants and 250 sharpshooters between them. :razz:

Lol! Are you a vassal or what? If not, then just call for peace.

Yeah, I'm a vassal. I do plan on starting my own faction, but don't think my army of 80 is quite capable of it yet.

Yeah, I find between levels 10-15 or so are quite boring, because your army is too large (and therefore too slow) to catch bandits, but too small to take on warbands. Guess you can always raid caravans or whatever.

I love the places that are crowded with bandits! Ahmerrad and Ichamur are my favorites. :p

If you don't like these numbers of bandits, just don't go to these places (or Rivacheg :wink:)

It's a damn nuisance is what it is - too few bandits - I tweaked the game just to get more. Sea raiders steppe bandits and desert bandits are the toughest but also reap the highest rewards - loot from a sea raider battle is awesome especially if they gang up and have 200  - trouble is you only get piddly amount for each captive!!!

Bang goes my main source of income - bring back 1.113s prisoner value system

Hah, I'm guessing you didn't play before Warband. You got 50 denars per prisoner, whether they were a farmer or a Swadian knight.

Yeh I did - just such a nice aspect to the game - also make you prioritise your targets in a battle and fostered the 'elite cavalry' category in my units list to function like manhunters.

Bernard said:
Ok I know this has been addressed before and I hate to be a Stickler ****, but there are way to many bandit parties. Seriously Rivacheg is one of the three places it is near impossible to get to unless you have a 100 strong party. Another place is Ichumar (not sure how to spell that), there all you find is steppe bandits in 40 strong parties with 8 groups at a time. Then in the Sarrinad you have desert bandits which are nearly as bad as steppe.

By the time you are level 15 you hardly ever see any caravans due to them being raiden constantly. you also see very few villigers, and villiges over poor prosperity are a rarity.

Sorry I do not mean to rant but it gets on my nerves and I figure the more people complain the more attention the dev's will give it.

Also Rhodok's have way too many top teir troops compared to other factions.

That's funny. I edited my game files so Sea Raiders would have between 30 and 600 troops. I haven't seen that large, and I don't know if it's possible for them to spawn such large armies, but traveling to Rivacheg is a death sentence to any Vaegirs attempting to flee from my own 170 man army (of Sea Raiders.)

The problem with the bandits, of all types and stripes, is that they seem to exist in this game independent from anything else going on in the game. What this means is that they are not relative to the overall economics of the game, although they impact the economics of the game. Having to "clear out" hundreds of these critters every few days around Ichamur gets to be a tedius chore. Having to bust the variety of hide-outs for the hundreth time gets to be a tedius chore.  If an area is prosperous, then it should follow that there are fewer bandits. If an area is depressed (i.e. wretchedly desolate...) then perhaps one should find more bandits, but not when you have worked hard to help build-up the economy of a town or region, only to have to spend a couple of game-days a week chasing these pointless little ****s around.

Steppe bandits (nut heads I call them) are the worst because killing hundreds results in few prisoners and lots of routed enemies. You have to trim down you army, change horses, etc. and go after them for a few days, bust their lair, etc. Within only 3 or 4 days, its all back the way it was. In nearly all my games I end up owning the town of Ichamur and then must spend huge amounts of playing time killing these critters.

The Litus module actually creates even more bandits than native, which I find funny seeing that someone must have thought that chasing even more of these bastards around the steppes is a good and fun thing. Even with the rewards in this module (bandits actually carry some decent loot) they still dominate my game play. Pisses me off...

i think bandits are fine as they are... if there were less they wouldn't matter since you could just run away from them. but personally think that bandits should be slower than parties equal size even if they have horses (so they could only catch you by surrounding you). every other bandit is fine expect for steppe and maybe desert bandits but about them you are right... they should be slower.

anyway try to have about 40 unit party and bandits don't chase you too much.

if you have trouble with bandit try to use caravans and lords to help you get from city to city. bandits aren't there for just looks and free xp, they are supposed to give you bit trouble.

Fearghus The Killer said:

Have you thought about using TweakMB?

Funny, i actually want more bandits. I tweaked my game to have up to 65 forest bandits etc. But then i noticed how our armies fled in fear when they saw 50 bandits. Pissed me off, so i tweaked numbers to 2-30 instead of 2-200  :mrgreen:

you are right... i'd like there to be one group of bandits which could even rival small lords, but only one per bandit type. or even better one bandit lord with huge army of bandits of all kind.

I agree that the bandits should be able to field small armies able to challenge minor lords. After all, all the bandit types are from a lair meaning that they have a lot more than we run into. if a lord is continuing to wipe them out, they would in all likely hood group up and kill him, or simply move if he was too big of target for them. More bandits for the win. I like having to worry when I dont have a large army. I should not be able to cake walk 40 horseman through a group of 500 bandits, small pockets at a time as I go to their lair to destroy it and steal their loot.

Back
Top Bottom