TMW Vitus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhade said:
I can't say I knew Vitus personally at all, but I do recognize the name. It's easy to forget that there are faces behind names sometimes. It's easy to say canned ****, like "You have my sympathies," or to "Reach out if you need it." It's easy to forget sometimes that we're all pretty similar at the end of the day. Sometimes you hear about someone you don't know passing away, and it somehow is, admittedly, shockingly easy to process.

But I read this and I felt ****ing terrible. Kind of hit me in the stomach, even though I never had any personal or direct interactions with him.

That being so, he still shared in something that we all kind of take for granted. He's probably jumped on TS with his homies and bull****ted, he's scrimmed, he fought the waves of trashcans on POM, posted here at times, he stayed up way too late gaming sometimes but didn't regret it the next day. All of his friends just assumed he'd be there to keep doing that ****. We forget that sometimes, getting off Discord at night and telling your friends you'll "see them tomorrow," you may not; they may not.

Clearly this transcends games, or Warband, or any of us. But the idea stands that he was one of us. He was a part of this community, and at the end of the day, I'm thankful for that. For his contributions, presence, and everything he did while he was here. I'm not going to pretend to speak on his life outside of here, but I will say that I'm sorry things had to turn out this way at this point for him. I'm genuinely sad that we lost him.

Don't let your friends feel like life's zerging them, or that there's no way out. What I enjoy about this community in general is how tight groups become, and from that, people learn what the word team means. Past that, if you have friends that seem a bit apathetic and you feel like your back's to a wall, message me on Steam @ Priest03. Talk about your girlfriend, or your parents, or your direction, or life, whatever. Not going to let any of my homies feel outnumbered by life like that.

Rest easy, Vitus. Thoughts with your family, your friends, TMW, and most importantly, you. We'll all be along before you know it.

Amazing post by Rhade.

I'm very sad to hear this news, we had our fall outs but I always thought he was a good kid. I can't imagine the dire straits anyone who decides to or even considers taking their own life must be in. Remembering that we're all people behind the screen with our own lives and problems is important and it's always an honour when someone online decides to share some details of their lives with you. TMW has lost one of our own, Vitus was part of the remarkable bunch of people who have been able to bear staying in a clan with me - that's the sign of a tough fella.

My thoughts are with the family and anyone else who's fighting their own battle in their personal lives right now. This is one of my favourite adages, more true online than in any other circumstance, "be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about."

Hearing this news saddens me greatly. I had good times with vitus whether it was playing warband or csgo. He will be missed. My condolences.

Maybe my first mentor and great friend.

Wish we could've talked more, veetos

****ed up man, mental health doesn't get the attention it deserves, and this **** especially hits close to home. thanks so much for the support links in the OP, Snazzi, and for this tribute

Rest easy my Canadian comrade, we had some great times

Immensely sorry to hear about this. I'm not going to pretend to know what he was going through, but this one hits close to home. A sad day for the NA community. Be a little nicer to your bros today.

I honestly can't describe how I feel rn even though I didn't even get to know him. My condolences and thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in Peace, Vitus.

Oh wow...even though I only know you by name, scrims, pub play, and streams, I'm still very sadden by this news. No one should have to go through something like this. RIP fellow warblader.

This saddens my heart. He touched many lives. He made many people smile and laugh just by playing games and being himself. Prayers for his family. I hope you rest easy, your kind heart and happy memories will not be forgotten Vitus.

Back
Top Bottom