Tinkering with game files

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anybody tried that already? I mean, I know there are no mod tools available yet and won't be for a long while, but has any modder looked at how things work?

Warband was incredibly easy to mod, to the point where even I (0 programming skill) could make very significant changes to any module and have them work just by watching the structure of what was already in place and intuitively trying things out (constantly had 50GB worth of M&B backup stuff on my storage disk lol). The devs said modding will be even easier in Bannerlord, so I would like to know, if at all possible already, how feasible would turining off a feature like aging at least for the main character be? What are the chances of being able to go on playing my personal customizable avatar indefinitely? Also what about character sheets importing\exporting, like in Warband, would it be doable in your opinion (been impossible so far to get an answer on these topics by the devs)?

I'm asking because I'm so much of a sucker for M&B Warband that I'm still watching this, trying to understand if Bannerlord will ever become a game worth buying for me and if we'll ever be able to mod out these features I truly loathe...

It's kinda sad for me to say this, I surprised even myself, I was absolutely sure I would be one of those who were going to pick BL up the very second it went live in its very first wretched, sorry, early-access form and be absolutely content with it, despite all bugs and flaws I would naturally expect to encounter. Instead I'm here strongly doubting I'll ever even consider throwing 10 bucks at a 75% off sale of it in a 3 years time from now xD

The devs literally did the only thing that could possibly turn me off: forcing me to give up my personal avatar without giving me a choice.
I truly hope I will be proven wrong, but what I've seen right up until now does not bode well for the future

There's already nexus mods.

And to quote a current modder on how...

"Oh right, I used dnSpy to load the DLLs, they are C# DLLs, so it's able to decompile them to a reasonable approximation of actual C# code. Then I used dnSpy to edit the specific small parts (right click menu has things for editing eg. a method, variable etc.) and then did "Save Module" to save out the edited DLL.

Most of the work was actually in finding where the code that handles the caps actually is at, but it's not too hard using dnSpy's search tools.

dnSpy: https://github.com/0xd4d/dnSpy/releases "

Back
Top Bottom