this or....

Users who are viewing this thread

therathalos

Recruit
floris mod pack, which offers the best variety, as far as I see it floris has more content such as equipment
but the code overhaul is much better, what are your opinions?

I find it rather odd that there are already 2 topics here asking whether Floris or Native Expansion is the better choice. You folks should, instead of discussing this here, try out the mods and find out for yourself. Nobody can tell you which one you are going to like better. Its a matter of personal preferences :wink:

Besides that little rant - Congratz on the port to the team

One is a mashup of a bunch of smaller mods.
The other has an entire new troop tree, tons of new weapons/items, some other features, and an invasion.

Floris is basically Vanilla with a bunch of extra features while NE has more flavor.

jasonxfri13th said:
One is a mashup of a bunch of smaller mods.
im guessing you mean floris by that, so...
The other has an entire new troop tree,
so does floris...
tons of new weapons/items,
so does floris...
some other features,
*ahem*...ya...."some other features" = 100 more features.
and an invasion.
apparently the one single gimmick that native expansion has that others dont.
havent played it so dont know how worthwhile that single gimmick is compared to all the stuff it doesnt have, so i wont judge either way.  (hey, it could very well be what makes the game so good....in medieval 2 total war the 2 invasion were defining points in the game, so i couldnt say :wink:

Floris is basically Vanilla with a bunch of extra features while NE has more flavor.
if by more flavor you mean more features? then thats a contradiction. (floris has 10x more features).  if by more flavor you mean "i personally like it more", then thats your oppinion.
either way making that statement is rather wrong :wink:

id have to say that floris is actually a native expansion...its "the definitive native experience" just like it advertises.
while native expansion (they should really swap names, tbh:smile: hehe) is more of a custom modification, like most of the mods on the forums, yet it uses the native world rather than a new world of its own.
so the 2 are a bit at odds in comparison.  they do 2 separate things even though they might be closer to eachother than, say, 1257ad or PoP - in comparison.
ah, thats it, "NE is more customized".

Pellagus said:
Thanks. Your horse is amazing.

Thank you good sir. You may give it a lick.

@Effemb:
While Jason certainly didnt display FMP correctly and i do appreciate you pointing that out, you shouldnt make the same mistake Jason did, just because you have already taken a liking to one of the mods. Thats why stating this

effemb said:

is quite incorrect and you might want to take a look at the Download Details.

Sphere of Influence is an amazing feature, new quests are exciting and many new buildings as well as gameplay functions do add a lot of depth and make this stand out from other mods.

Native Expansion has 3 or 4 new things than Floris (that contains more mods ) . Even so , is great mod and gives a new experience to the game . And  , with some help and sugestions from this comunity , it might be  better in different ways  than Floris .

markushex said:
Native Expansion has 3 or 4 new things than Floris (that contains more mods ) . Even so , is great mod and gives a new experience to the game . And  , with some help and sugestions from this comunity , it might be  better in different ways , than Floris .

That's the idea. Thanks.

It is down to personal taste. I have now played both, and though Floris is very good, I prefer NE at this point in time, and I hope it continues to be improved.
For me, the balance is very good, though the Dark Lords are super powerful, and as I think I went for my own Kingdom a bit early, (not realising just how strong they were), I needed to import my super character I saved for just such an emergency  :grin: , then they were sorry they declared war on me  :twisted:

I just have one thing to say.

Floris refuses to run on my computer. NE does without any lag at all.

While this disqualifies me from making any unbiased comment, I must say that the moment NE gets PBOD and Diplomacy implemented, I will be spending (almost) as much time here as I do on Prophesy of Pendor. And that is saying something.

Duh said:
Pellagus said:
Thanks. Your horse is amazing.

Thank you good sir. You may give it a lick.

@Effemb:
While Jason certainly didnt display FMP correctly and i do appreciate you pointing that out, you shouldnt make the same mistake Jason did, just because you have already taken a liking to one of the mods. Thats why stating this

effemb said:

is quite incorrect and you might want to take a look at the Download Details.

Sphere of Influence is an amazing feature, new quests are exciting and many new buildings as well as gameplay functions do add a lot of depth and make this stand out from other mods.

Mm! Don't forget the spearwall! That took forever!

Back
Top Bottom