This is some opinions from Chinese players. My English is poor, so I use the translation function.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they have around 70 employees in total, including accounting, salesman and such, so the real number of programmers is around 40-50ish perhaps. My guess is since it's impossible to satisfy every one with each patch, most dissastisfied group cried out and complained about even some reasonable changes while the majority of players just sit tight and enjoy the game. This leads to a vicious cycle that's causing the developers to become so misguided now.
It sounds like a survivor's deviation. Only players who don't meet their expectations will voice their dissatisfaction. These voices are regarded as the thoughts of most players by TW, which leads to many bad changes and further worsens the irrationality of update zzz. It's really sad

I don't think there would be much complaint with minor changes IF the community had been assured by the developers themselves that they had a clear idea, and they shared that idea with the community, and took some suggestions with cautious consideration and foreplanning... which they don't. So even if the minor changes they're implementing right now are consistent with their image of a finished Bannerlord, it isn't with the current state of the game, meaning either they have issues prioritizing important stuff or they refuse to share their plans or they don't have any. Possibly even all three.

I agree right now they have no structure, why aren't they fixing these things in bigger updates? Any studio would lay down a path of fixing things and in the end balancing it this way going from least important to most important. It just shows this studio is located at a university.

Taleworld really should get their heads straight and starting implementing perks and features such as diplomacy instead of wasting time on these pointless balance because functionality always comes first. Worry about these unit stats later when the game has really become mature.
+1
Unit stats is the least we should worry about. They are easy to tweek and no compatibility issue could happen.

I think they are generally confused on which direction to take and so caught up on pushing out "patches" regularly every week they don't even consider their options or the consequences of the changes they implement. And also I've not seen the devs publish their approximate plans for the upcoming patches either. Is it too difficult just to sit down with your employees and have a talk on where they're going or more long-term goals? Is it too difficult to open a thread on the forums to create discussion and debate on a certain topic or a change they're thinking to implement?

I'll say it again: Developers not sharing their aims with the community creates uncertainty, and uncertainty leads to pessimism and discomfort. The last two beta changes have been so disappointing for me I'm starting to doubt whether they're even thinking twice or play-testing their changes before throwing it into the game and releasing. Some are so illogical or out of place and time it's worrying.
Pretty much all the suggestion discussions include the phrase "They're probably working on it", "Pretty sure they're working on it" and so and so on. Leaving the community to guess and uncertain is a massive communication mistake. However many developers they have, 40-100, whatever. With so small a group I don't understand how they turned this into a corporate mess.

The thing is that they decided to release patches each week. At the beginning I was sceptical about it but thought it would be fine because they probably wanted people to test stuff before implementing that to the stable version. The problem is that the weekly patch size is almost the same with the patches we were getting every day. Though I don't really care about the amount of changes but more about the changes themselves.

Quite agree,TW should focus on BUG and add more content and function.Stop pestering about balance.With all due respect,TW didn't do it well enough about balance. TW should give us more ways to be a bannerlord,instead of simply make some of ways Infeasible.

By the way,I feel desperate for a chinese forum(百度贴吧) .Some people can't stand criticism,even reasonable suggestions.They think TW has no problem.I've been through the same thing,guys.When the broadcast of the Game Of Thrones Final Season.The fans out of China and part of chinese fans feel the final season is ****.But part of fans(maybe) still think it is well.They make me sick.They're the biggest threat to making M&B better.

Don't forget that TW is a turkish based company, so if you allready using a translator maybe posting in the turkish forum might increase your chances to catch the eye of a dev, though some, mostly mexxico, are posting on the english forum as well.

You don't go adding in 'content" without first setting up a firm, well balanced basic structure of a core-game, because if you build your foundations wrong, and then add "more content" on top of that, the end result is a piss-poor gaming experience that's horribly imbalanced, and can't even be fixed properly because at that point, "fixing the game" means essentially disassembling the game to re-build from bottom-up.

This, is why balance is important. Impatience will not give you a better game, and just throwing in more content on top of an unfinished structure will even corrupt and make that content useless as well.

In addition, most Chinese players are dissatisfied with the current update. They think that instead of focusing on balancing irrelevant data (because it is a single player game, numerical values can be manually modified by themselves, and they don't care about such things, especially when the adjustment of numerical values is not so reasonable and makes the game experience worse), the producer should pay more attention to It focuses on solving bugs and further filling in game content, including countless perks on skill tree that still can't work and all kinds of dialogues, tasks and content that should be.

Lol even the chinese player base thinks. FIX IT BEFORE YOU BALANCE IT lol.

Glad our opinions on this subject are the same. They seem to be completely devoted to just tweaking numbers instead of fixing core problems and instead of implementing features, they're just nerfing the economy.

Back
Top Bottom