Think morale might be bugged slightly

Users who are viewing this thread

awkwarrd

Veteran
Have noticed this every now and then over a couple of games, but never this extreme, normally it would right itself or they would just start getting happy again.

I was running through the game again as a Necro to do some testing to see some balancing, when my units started losing morale very quickly.

I have 16 companions, undead units(shadow/zombie/skeles), and some Hell units recruited from prisoners(1 balrog aswell as the other little red dudes).

It happened shortly after i maxed out my "Company" or Unit max. (well that's when i noticed it, because immediately on me getting 95/95 of my unit max, they just started mass evacuating, and the Morale on each unit started to plummet.
No matter what i did after that, disbanding everything and recruiting again and trying to fight more, the Morale just kept going down and down and down.
All the units are now at Terrible Morale, and they are leaving unit by unit per turn.

I have disbanded all of them and started again, and i can't get them happy, even my companions are at terrible.
From 90+ Max unit limit, i can't seem to do anything to keep my units happy anymore.

I just loaded an old game and ran around recruiting up to 90+.. got to 109.. and same thing happened pretty much right away, Morale just gimped out and everyone started being grumpy.
The only similarities between the games, is that Hell units were in both armies.

Not sure if having the Hell units in my Company did anything, because i had them in both games in my army.
I hope as an evil necro that im able to have Hell units, it's not like my shadows/zombies/skeles would care.. would they?
Or what if i managed to make a full Hell army.. would the Hell units make other Hell units morale drop?

Kinda weird this stuff didn't kick in until my Army was at max units.

I dont play this mod. But i have noticed that several posts relating this this mod, and a morale glitch. Try to convince the author to look into it.

Average said:
I dont play this mod. But i have noticed that several posts relating this this mod, and a morale glitch. Try to convince the author to look into it.
First gota find out if it was designed to be like this.

awkwarrd said:
It's conclusive in 10 out of 10 tests.

Mummy units will have Morale issues with Shadow Wizards, and some other shadow units and companions.

Hell Units will have Morale issues with EVERYTHING, even companions.
-Even Hell units will get a Morale issue simply by having them and companions in the company.

I hope the Morale system gets removed for the Mummy and ALL Hell units, until a fix can happen.
Hard to make a story about capturing Hell units and using them as an EVIL source of power to unleash on your enemies, when they destroy your army by simply having them.
Balrogs are one of the Ultimate EVIL units in the game, and they will destroy your army from the inside if you can capture them and recruit them, making any story you are trying to play a failure, regardless of how high your EVIL is.

Being EVIL seems to have it's limits, which i didn't think evil did.

Quoting this from my post in bug reports.

Im still testing more morale issues with being an EVIL character, which mostly causes the Necromancer class to be gimped in later game play.
Seems to have no problem when playing any other class, or any other way, only problematic for playing as Evil, or Undead.

There is also an issue with Lichdom taking much more damage from Clerics than you should, and this is tested with maximum Magic Defense and the best armors from Plate to Magic Robes.

Back
Top Bottom