The truth behind PW official admins

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feretal said:
Damnit, can't you guys just get along for once?

Like someone said earlier, the PWMod community is full of 15 year olds who won't stop until the thread is locked and they get muted.

Please note: I don't mean everyone in the community is 15.

What is this thread about, actually? Cause I don't get it? Did an admin used his admin powers to get adventage of someone during he was roleplaying?

Master Ronin said:
What is this thread about, actually? Cause I don't get it? Did an admin used his admin powers to get adventage of someone during he was roleplaying?

Its about a child who took advantage of the fact United was down, renamed his server to United and then banned admins/players that got on thinking it was the real deal. Thats all, he thinks its hilarious.

Please lock this ****.

hirovard said:
well actualy it was more of a ploy to prove that some of the united admins are the ones who have been ddos'ing servers

Haha, yes. It is solid proof that after the United_PW server have been DDoSed for 3 weeks straight, and another server comes up with that name and map and gets DDoSed, that the United admins are responsible.

Ofcourse.

Master Ronin said:

It was a... Strange method to attempt to expose  EU United's suspected involvement in DDoS attacks against his server, the EU NL server and the RCC server.

You'll need to read through the entire thread to see what the actual conclusion is:
Which there isn't any real one, as the only conclusion standing is one from a coincidence standing.

Not everyone sees it that way then again not everyone can see between the lines.

hirovard said:
well actualy it was more of a ploy to prove that some of the united admins are the ones who have been ddos'ing servers

Well tell that to Eragon and Vince :smile: not me. They claim that they can ban me off all the servers hence why now I am after that point. How and with what means can they do this? The only logical explanation is that taleworlds has inserted some kind of backdoor which only they know about or are prevy to.
Can you imagine how this sounds like to someone whom might want to buy warband ... WAIT if I argue with one mod they can ban me on all servers no hoes not buying this.

crazyboy11 said:
NickViche said:
With regards to ban, I don't care if I am banned from Warband MM servers but this does raise the issue of possible abuse. Imagine you don't agree with one lowlife 12year old admin on one mod and he rages and in turns gets you banned from all the mod servers in exchange for sexual pleasure or whatever, it is prone to abuse and I would consider this to be a flaw in the game design. Now in the case I did want to play on MM servers again, you do know it is very easy to change the ID tag ..... sigh...hexeditor.

[Insert one of those facepalm images here]

Servers are privately owned and operated, this means the admins of those servers can (unfortunately in some cases) do whatever they damn well please with them. This is the case for almost every game which has dedicated servers. Just because 1 admin is less tolerant or abusive than the rest does not mean their is a widespread issue regarding admin abuse across the whole game.

Please keep this **** in the PW rubbish bin.

Admin everyday. Reluctant to ban people because I feel bad when I do. I try my best to not use my powers in any negative way. Get yelled at by players on the server. Then this I ask myself why do I even bother with this? There is no classfication to what I have done I have invested weeks of hours of my life into a community who shows little to no respect. Then other servers such as this one tricks me into thinking its the server I usually go on and admin. I just wonder to my self...why? For what? You got banned? Is that the reason? I do not consider that I am corrupt but I am on the verge of leaving the admin team and PW forever due to these accusations.

Sorry Graham :sad: nothing against you from what I gather you are one of the few decent admins on the EU_PW_ROLEPLAY

gaham1 said:
Admin everyday. Reluctant to ban people because I feel bad when I do. I try my best to not use my powers in any negative way. Get yelled at by players on the server. Then this I ask myself why do I even bother with this? There is no classfication to what I have done I have invested weeks of hours of my life into a community who shows little to no respect. Then other servers such as this one tricks me into thinking its the server I usually go on and admin. I just wonder to my self...why? For what? You got banned? Is that the reason? I do not consider that I am corrupt but I am on the verge of leaving the admin team and PW forever due to these accusations.

NickViche said:
Well tell that to Eragon and Vince :smile: not me. They claim that they can ban me off all the servers hence why now I am after that point. How and with what means can they do this? The only logical explanation is that taleworlds has inserted some kind of backdoor which only they know about or are prevy to.
Can you imagine how this sounds like to someone whom might want to buy warband ... WAIT if I argue with one mod they can ban me on all servers no hoes not buying this.

Vince only ever said he banned you from MM servers, a hefty majority (last time I checked) of which he provides. Aside from that it is entirely possible to "ban" someone from a mod if you develop that feature and set up your own "authentification" server.

As for Eragon, it sounds like he has no idea how servers even operate so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. There is no logical reason for taleworlds to have built in any kind of backdoor to allow admins to ban someone from every server, and I'm fairly sure they haven't. As for hacking servers to add you to thier ban list, that's illegal (in most countries).

A more likely scenario is that server admins in some cases share ban lists, however I don't believe this is particularly widespread.

Either way I don't really care about MM as I have said before and if I really bothere I could hexedit my way.
As for Eragon :razz: I think I said that already, everyone but himself seems to get the idea.

crazyboy11 said:
NickViche said:

Vince only ever said he banned you from MM servers, a hefty majority (last time I checked) of which he provides. Aside from that it is entirely possible to "ban" someone from a mod if you develop that feature and set up your own "authentification" server.

As for Eragon, it sounds like he has no idea how servers even operate so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. There is no logical reason for taleworlds to have built in any kind of backdoor to allow admins to ban someone from every server, and I'm fairly sure they haven't. As for hacking servers to add you to thier ban list, that's illegal (in most countries).

A more likely scenario is that server admins in some cases share ban lists, however I don't believe this is particularly widespread.

popcorn_yes.gif

Gimil So you Believe that Nick's team speak  Channel Is a Virus dude IM ON IT RIGHT NOW and Nick doesn't Give a **** about MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom