The Roots of Yggdrassil (General Discussion and Download)

Users who are viewing this thread

huh, 23 carls... That's not supposed to happen! Anyways, until I hear of a way to make Lords use ships, the invisible crossings are necessary. Hunting is easy, just walk around until you see a party that has a cattle icon and it'll be either some boars or some deer. Not sure what you mean by snow ships, but if you mean the ships that sail around on land, that's just an ill-placed spawn point my friend needs to fix. (He does all the map stuff...)

By the way, you only die permanently if there are no allies around you. As long as you still have men on the field to save you from the killing blow after you're unconscious, you'll be fine.

Ruthven said:
huh, 23 carls... That's not supposed to happen! Anyways, until I hear of a way to make Lords use ships, the invisible crossings are necessary. Hunting is easy, just walk around until you see a party that has a cattle icon and it'll be either some boars or some deer. Not sure what you mean by snow ships, but if you mean the ships that sail around on land, that's just an ill-placed spawn point my friend needs to fix. (He does all the map stuff...)

By the way, you only die permanently if there are no allies around you. As long as you still have men on the field to save you from the killing blow after you're unconscious, you'll be fine.

Tell that to the mountain bandits that made me restart... :cry:

Oh and I am having weird villager parties that are attacking me like I am some sort of village center. They just run up to me and disappear.

ejnomad07 said:
Ruthven said:

Tell that to the mountain bandits that made me restart... :cry:

Oh and I am having weird villager parties that are attacking me like I am some sort of village center. They just run up to me and disappear.
Jet lag from an error from way back. They don't do anything though, so it's alright.

Don't do anything shucks...Wish they would join your army. Change their name to Aspiring Heroes and we got a feature!

Oh and curse you on troops names. I actually have to learn these foreign languages and put it deep into my head to have any idea what I'm facing.  :shock:

ejnomad07 said:
Don't do anything shucks...Wish they would join your army. Change their name to Aspiring Heroes and we got a feature!

Oh and curse you on troops names. I actually have to learn these foreign languages and put it deep into my head to have any idea what I'm facing.  :shock:
It's more fun having no ****ing clue what your enemies are going to be like, IMO.

Ruthven said:
ejnomad07 said:

It's more fun having no ****ing clue what your enemies are going to be like, IMO.

Agreed, but you made the game fun and educational.  :lol:

Ruthven said:
ejnomad07 said:

True, but I don't know what my troops are going to look like either. I just hit a random name and hope its a melee troop. My army looks like a mob, with all sorts of random weapons and armor types.

All the same, it definitely adds something to the Norse feel, and once I settle down with a particular faction I'll figure out the unit tree fairly quickly.

On the whole, great work! A few bugs, such as the villager thing and the villages with the castle interface, but I'm having a lot of fun destroying things and being destroyed.

Oh, almost forgot, the claimants are still hanging around in the castles. Their dialogue is all mixed up, and I don't know what will happen if I join them since I don't have enough renown for it yet. The companions from Native are still around as well, although that might be intentional- I think it would be better with a new set of companions, but it's certainly not urgent. A bunch of Viking companions would really make my day though.

tallefred said:
Ruthven said:
ejnomad07 said:

True, but I don't know what my troops are going to look like either. I just hit a random name and hope its a melee troop. My army looks like a mob, with all sorts of random weapons and armor types.

The first page has all the translations. Just use that, and for once throwing/archery units are really useful. I don't mind getting them at all right now.

The rest is going to be addressed later.

EDIT: Anyone else having the trouble I am in getting enough renown to join a faction? lol!

I consider the companions to be part of the detail work that isn't wholly necessary, because not everybody uses them, and making new dialogues, while not very difficult, is rather time consuming, not to mention the tedious job of changing what the companion approves/disapproves of. By the way, the Settler "villages" are supposed to be like castles. They are castles actually, but they have the scene and icon of a village to make them look as unthreatening as they are.

Ruthven said:
I consider the companions to be part of the detail work that isn't wholly necessary, because not everybody uses them, and making new dialogues, while not very difficult, is rather time consuming, not to mention the tedious job of changing what the companion approves/disapproves of. By the way, the Settler "villages" are supposed to be like castles. They are castles actually, but they have the scene and icon of a village to make them look as unthreatening as they are.

I like the settler faction to be honest. It provides a buffer between each faction that kick starts a bit of a race between them for extra lands. The only problem I have right now and this is random is everyone pretty much declared peace with each other and killed off the settlers. Now I have a lull with a bunch of factions doing nothing. Not using companions would be stupid. Or more stupid now that you actually can't run around on a horse. Strength build your guy and let them handle party skills or your about worthless since you can't be cheap and couch a lance.

Konunglegur Vörður have got to be the best looking troops in the game. That gear looks sweet.

Ruthven said:
PRECISELY! However, I want to add a sort of opaque red screen when you drop below 20 or 30% health. So you can still tell when you're about to die.

If you can do it, it might be cooler if there'd be some blood spatter effects around the edges, and more when you're heavier wounded than that red screen.

FrisianDude said:
Ruthven said:
PRECISELY! However, I want to add a sort of opaque red screen when you drop below 20 or 30% health. So you can still tell when you're about to die.

If you can do it, it might be cooler if there'd be some blood spatter effects around the edges, and more when you're heavier wounded than that red screen.
Why? I don't see the point, and it'd be particularly weird in first person. Blood hits you in the eye and you can still make it out in perfect detail? No chance.

Ruthven said:
FrisianDude said:
Ruthven said:

Why? I don't see the point, and it'd be particularly weird in first person. Blood hits you in the eye and you can still make it out in perfect detail? No chance.
I think he meant instead of the whole screen turning red as your lower on health just make like a blood splatter effect around the edges of the screen.

1x1General1x1 said:
Ruthven said:
FrisianDude said:
Ruthven said:

I think he meant instead of the whole screen turning red as your lower on health just make like a blood splatter effect around the edges of the screen.

Yes, and what if the edges of the screen splatter while your in first person view? That's doesn't make sense... :???:

ejnomad07 said:
1x1General1x1 said:
Ruthven said:
FrisianDude said:
Ruthven said:

Yes, and what if the edges of the screen splatter while your in first person view? That's doesn't make sense... :???:
I need something to know how close I am to dieing!!! I ran straight into a bunch of enemies cause I thought my troops were right behind me and I killed all of them and went to move on to the next bunch cause my troops were with me and then I was knocked unconscious by a 2 damage hit... I wouldn't have charged on had I of known, curse my berserkr ways.

Real quick, thank you Ruthven for making the Norman name troops so freaking awesome.

Ruthven said:

The Settler castles are strange though. First of all, there are no people living there. Second, if you go to the Lord's hall, it takes you to a village scene from Native, with wooden roofs and green grass. You get different scenes in different villages, but they obviously don't fit; they don't merge properly at the edge of the map and some of the ones I went to had grass.

I'll insert a couple of pictures of it if someone can tell me how to upload them.

tallefred said:
Ruthven said:

The Settler castles are strange though. First of all, there are no people living there. Second, if you go to the Lord's hall, it takes you to a village scene from Native, with wooden roofs and green grass. You get different scenes in different villages, but they obviously don't fit; they don't merge properly at the edge of the map and some of the ones I went to had grass.

I'll insert a couple of pictures of it if someone can tell me how to upload them.
I know. When the castles were added, the entry points were messed up and it had a village scene, so I just went with it. I'm no good at scene editing, so I didn't fix it.

This is a really good mod! I love the feeling of it and the "no-mounts" part!

I agree that some sort of indicator when youre close to dying is needed... I make the same mistake as General all the time  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom