The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest an idea? It may have been suggested already, but how about adding weapons you can customize. I don't mean OH LET ME PUT A FOOKIN GRENADE LAUNCHER OUT OF NO WHERE ONTO MY FOOKIN PISTOL! I mean find little stuff like maybe duck tape and a flash light for the dark, or a knife on the end of your rifle. But it would be like a character skill of what you can make.

La Grandmaster said:
I said never going to happen to Whitewalkurz because he was talking about me releasing the mod as a "share a like community project", he's not contributed one thing to this mod, but in his mind I should release both mod and module system for anyone to alter and build upon as much as they want. Cant stand comments like that  :neutral:

Darthshroom has created a POI for the mod and hence gets a voice in the matter, and anyway I agree with everything said in his comment.

Im removing the pole as its causing far too many comments about a release date/early release of the mod
My apologies, I assumed you simply weren't interested in releasing an unfinished version.

A2DAY01D said:
May I suggest an idea? It may have been suggested already, but how about adding weapons you can customize. I don't mean OH LET ME PUT A FOOKIN GRENADE LAUNCHER OUT OF NO WHERE ONTO MY FOOKIN PISTOL! I mean find little stuff like maybe duck tape and a flash light for the dark, or a knife on the end of your rifle. But it would be like a character skill of what you can make.

At first it seemed like it will take a lot of scripting, but on some mods like Light and Darkness , you can put armor onto a normal horse and make it a warhorse. I don't think it would be that hard to ask the creator of the to give you the coding, then easily just replace how you can only do this with horses and warhorses, but with every customizable thing.

Stompopolos said:
My apologies, I assumed you simply weren't interested in releasing an unfinished version.

No need to apologise  :grin:  had it been anyone else I probably wouldn't of bothered but Darthshroom created a lovely scene for the mod and I dont think he was after an early alpha at all.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
At first it seemed like it will take a lot of scripting, but on some mods like Light and Darkness , you can put armor onto a normal horse and make it a warhorse. I don't think it would be that hard to ask the creator of the to give you the coding, then easily just replace how you can only do this with horses and warhorses, but with every customizable thing.

I have quite a good idea of how to do it myself to be honest (it wouldnt be too hard) but it is a lot of coding, and I highly doubt the light and darkness team would give away their code as easily as you say, if I remember correctly people have requested the horse armour code before and been rejected.

And also think of it this way, the only way to do these customisable weapons is to have a new weapon for every possible customisation -    e.g if I have 10 customisable weapons in the game and 5 possible attachments for each, that would mean that I would need to code in 50 new weapons (10 weapons  x  5 customisations = 50 ) and that is only the initial coding - before I go into all the coding needed to actually perform the "attaching and customising"

Also Grandmaster, in a lot of mods you can change your parties name via camp menu. It is probably really simple and since a lot of mods have it you can easily ask for the code. Think of all the names we can have for our parties.  :cool:

You should probably start getting members to official join your developmental team. Your vision for this is so possible but just a LOT of work for one dude. The freelancers are helping you a little but it doesn't seem much from what you have to do, especially with all the coding.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Also Grandmaster, in a lot of mods you can change your parties name via camp menu. It is probably really simple and since a lot of mods have it you can easily ask for the code. Think of all the names we can have for our parties.  :cool:

I really like that feature and the code for it is OSP so it will definitely be in the mod.

FeralCrazed said:
You should probably start getting members to official join your developmental team. Your vision for this is so possible but just a LOT of work for one dude. The freelancers are helping you a little but it doesn't seem much from what you have to do, especially with all the coding.
I have already asked people to create scenes and aside from the stuff cheweymester has created, I think Ive only received like 2 or 3 scenes (considering the amount of time it took me to put together the scening pack I dont even know if it was worth it in the end) - although the few scenes people have created are brilliant. There are a lot of people who say that they want to join the official development team, and that they have loads of ideas about models and things they plan to create but as of yet I have not received one model.

xPearse and Gabrilduro have donated/allowed me to use stuff from their own mods which has helped quite a bit. But as Gabrilduros stuff is for a different time period and xPearse's style is completely different from my owns there is a limited number of things I can use.

If people would like to help out PM me and I will give you more info.

EDIT: Wrong quite :/

Well now It'll look like I'm desperate for an alpha if I try to make a scene, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind.

La Grandmaster said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:

I really like that feature and the code for it is OSP so it will definitely be in the mod.

FeralCrazed said:
I have already asked people to create scenes and aside from the stuff cheweymester has created, I think Ive only received like 2 or 3 scenes (considering the amount of time it took me to put together the scening pack I dont even know if it was worth it in the end) - although the few scenes people have created are brilliant. There are a lot of people who say that they want to join the official development team, and that they have loads of ideas about models and things they plan to create but as of yet I have not received one model.

xPearse and Gabrilduro have donated/allowed me to use stuff from their own mods which has helped quite a bit. But as Gabrilduros stuff is for a different time period and xPearse's style is completely different from my owns there is a limited number of things I can use.

If people would like to help out PM me and I will give you more info.

That makes me feel bad :sad:

I is useless. But you don't know how many times and hours i actually spent atleast TRYING to make a scene. I always mess something up or it just looks horrible. But I am trying to help I honestly am.

I could help with modelling or so, just finished HOTD some time ago so I have time to spare. The only other thing im doing is porting to warband which is mostly code so no real work need just time. I'll pm you and see how I can help out, your mods looking good so far.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
That makes me feel bad :sad:

I is useless. But you don't know how many times and hours i actually spent atleast TRYING to make a scene. I always mess something up or it just looks horrible. But I am trying to help I honestly am.

You should have someone who is experienced in modding of mount and blade to help train you. It's not uncommon at all. For example GoldEagle on the game of thrones mod is helping their community manager Owen how to do models and scenes.

Sometimes videos just don't click for teaching the modding, which isn't unheard off. So try to get someone hands on to help you could get you to learn better so you can started modding this badass mod. 

I will try to find a better way of adding weapon modifications. Let me know if there are any other bits of code that would be helpful.

I was on scening guild asking some questions and their not giving me the answer to what I want, La Grandmaster, do you know how to make the scene shorter? I could probably just make it seem shorter by putting a lot of trees, but the player could go through it, which is why Im asking is their a prop for a invisible player and Ai blocker? I can only find AI blocker which will only be used if you are in a car. Horses if their is going to be them.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
I was on scening guild asking some questions and their not giving me the answer to what I want, La Grandmaster, do you know how to make the scene shorter? I could probably just make it seem shorter by putting a lot of trees, but the player could go through it, which is why Im asking is their a prop for a invisible player and Ai blocker? I can only find AI blocker which will only be used if you are in a car. Horses if their is going to be them.

PM'd you something that may help.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:

i think there is a scene prop called "barrier", which prevents the player and npcs from moving through it, it is one sided though.

DarthShroom said:
PM'd you something that may help.
Are you sure? I dont have any new pms

Cheweymeister did you read anything in this post  :neutral:

La Grandmaster said:
@Cheweymeister, as I have already said in pms to you, I still plan to have a public alpha, which is a long long way off. Dont expect it anytime soon.

If I was to release the mod in its current state now, you would be playing on natives map, with every town and castle being exactly the same as natives, only half of the village/PoI scenes are done - so you would only be able to harvest resources on one side of the map. Natives armours, swords, bows and shields would still be in shops, looters & bandits ect are still identical to how they look in native. The sarranids and vaegir factions are still in the game. Not one single lord has been renamed (apart from faction leaders) or reequipped, the troop upgrade trees are a bit of a mess, and thats before I even start on the dialogue - every single person will talk to you like it is the medieval times before I edit it. When i release the alpha, half of these things will most probably be fixed but let me make it clear you will not enjoy playing the alpha that much, you might find the first 20 - 30 minutes or so fun but then you will find out that this and that doesnt work properly, this has still got to be finished, these troops are very unbalanced.... and the list goes on

You will not be receiving a closed alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom