The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumos said:
Singleplayer? Good luck, this looks very interesting.
Also, can we get an EU Peacekeepers faction or something like that, I'd rather be linked to Europe in some way. :razz:

Yep SP to begin with, I have no experience modding MP so that may come at a later date. As for the EU peacekeepers, the virus is pretty much worldwide so europe will have its own problems to deal with.

I thought about having the infection only in the US before but I think that if Europe was uninfected, itd be likely that they would try to save any survivors of the infection, possibly airlift them to some quarantine area (an island maybe) and then bomb the US and try to destroy the infection, or they would at least have to be a major force in the mod - which is something I dont really want, I want it to feel like the player and factions in the mod are on their own with no outside help from the rest of the world.

Edit:  they look brilliant xPearse would love to use them in the mod  :grin:  Ive not really retextured anything of yours at the moment, but will let you know when I do

La Grandmaster said:
Lumos said:
Also, can we get an EU Peacekeepers faction or something like that, I'd rather be linked to Europe in some way. :razz:

Yep SP to begin with, I have no experience modding MP so that may come at a later date. As for the EU peacekeepers, the virus is pretty much worldwide so europe will have its own problems to deal with.

I thought about having the infection only in the US before but I think that if Europe was uninfected, itd be likely that they would try to save any survivors of the infection, possibly airlift them to some quarantine area (an island maybe) and then bomb the US and try to destroy the infection, or they would at least have to be a major force in the mod - which is something I dont really want, I want it to feel like the player and factions in the mod are on their own with no outside help from the rest of the world.
A mighty fine Plan

La Grandmaster said:
Lumos said:

Edit:  they look brilliant xPearse would love to use them in the mod  :grin:  Ive not really retextured anything of yours at the moment, but will let you know when I do

I think europe peacekeepers would just be out of place, somebody asked me to add us soldiers to HOTD but I said it would just be out of place. Glad you like those weapons, I'll gather them into a brf and upload to my dropbox later on today.

It's still early in development. I bet alot of the weapons he plans to make aren't done yet. So chances are that pipe and possibly custom weapons could be in the mod still.

NightHawkreal said:
Tomahawk? I would prefer a rusty iron pipe.  :smile:

By the way, you did not think about custom weapons?

I actually did a few iron pipes for HOTD back in 2011 but the texture and uvmap may not be the best, here is a pic.

This looks very interesting.  I am really looking forward to this one. 

Couldn't help noticing that although you have a Confederate faction and a white supremacist faction, I did not read anything about an African-American faction to counter them.  Will you make an African-American faction too?

Also I dont think that confederate are doing those slave things again. Instead just fighting to take over the remnants of the united states.

How about if they are a small faction who are the survivors of an African-American University community and are trying to restore civilization and order to the inner cities?

The White Supremists are combating the Los Vatos  :lol:

This is what it is so far.

Confederate - United States

Los Vatos - Ayran Brotherhood - Bennet Clan

As you can see, their are 2 main factions combating each other. While their are also less powerful factions also having a brawl with one another. So far its pretty good. He should add something in the bio of bennet clan is that they are cannibals 0_0All Horror movies  the rednecks are cannibals in some way

High tech industry is growing in Texas and maybe other parts of the Southern US. Although, I suppose the time setting is too soon for armies of robots. I was just trying to think of somethings that didn't play off of stereotypes.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
If a black faction is added, it probably shouldn't be another inner city gang.

I don't see why not, we're already operating on racial stereotypes here. :razz:

Yeah... If you have redneck cannibals and Hispanic vatos I don't see why some black gangstas would be any worse.  In fact, the omission of them is probably worse than the inclusion, offensiveness-wise...  It's a rather popular and glamorous stereotype in the eyes of the public, and games like GTA San Andreas have incorporated it without any stigma.  Many people would probably enjoy playing a gangsta faction character.

Thor Head said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
If a black faction is added, it probably shouldn't be another inner city gang.

I don't see why not, we're already operating on racial stereotypes here. :razz:

Yeah... If you have redneck cannibals and Hispanic vatos I don't see why some black gangstas would be any worse.  In fact, the omission of them is probably worse than the inclusion, offensiveness-wise...  It's a rather popular and glamorous stereotype in the eyes of the public, and games like GTA San Andreas have incorporated it without any stigma.  Many people would probably enjoy playing a gangsta faction character.

I like how you said Gangsta for Gangster. You a real OG? Anyway, I don't want this mod to be shot down quickly because some admin finds it to racist or something. I mean, It is/ will turn into a race war with all these racist factions going in.

(Thought of a funny joke but it would be mean to say  :lol: )

Also, It would be kinda bad to take away from the other half of the mod, A.K.A Zombies. It would be nice to see a NPC faction that you can't join (Or can, but it would be boring :/ ) that only combats the zombies. Kinda like the Umbrella Corp if they werent killing other people. Just a force determined to bring down the all the zombies :grin: And outlaws...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom