The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW the Prussians had some of Europe's best infantry and cavalry in 1806... it's just that their drill, deployment and tactics were utterly insufficient to handle the beast that was Napoleonic warfare. Several of the rearguard actions that followed the battle were quite telling, Kolberg in particular showed that they were far from worthless.

1809 is in my opinion a perfectly good period for Prussians. What fun is it to take charge of a spirited army with the hurricane that was 1813 at its back? Give me struggling, bitter underdogs locked in an ideological war with themselves anyday.

Some poor lad's question about animations was buried several pages ago. Will there be different attack-defense animations than Native? Europe 1805 II from vanilla Mount & Blade has some good swinging and defending animations for swords. Also, the NW mod Blood & Iron has a pretty cool bayonet charge animation which triggers whenever you run with your musket in melee mode.

Vicccard said:
The one that got utterly beaten by Dutch and Danish forces?

Or as we called them back then "French" :wink:

Regardless, they were very outnumbered and while such a scenario doesn't make victory impossible it does make defeat unsurprising.

What do you guys think of the Swedish-Finnish troops? Myself, I have read some really good things about the Finnish jägers and artillerists. Also, the Swedish infantry by the name of Svea Livgarde is quite famous.

Found a site with decent drawings of the Neopolitan Regiments. Black and white, sadly, but it's a good read and look over.

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/Despeche/Issue1/c_7thNeapolitanInfantry.html

ClearlyInvisible said:
Found a site with decent drawings of the Neopolitan Regiments. Black and white, sadly, but it's a good read and look over.

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/Despeche/Issue1/c_7thNeapolitanInfantry.html
So you know, that is one regiment.

SC_Apollo said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

So you know, that is one regiment.

That's not the only page of the site

TheOrest007 said:
So Docm, could you please post another picture or two? Even if it's a regiment or a place we've already seen, or just a simple skirmish or something, would be much appreciated :grin:.
Another screen would be nice

Lord_Edward said:
TheOrest007 said:
So Docm, could you please post another picture or two? Even if it's a regiment or a place we've already seen, or just a simple skirmish or something, would be much appreciated :grin:.
Another screen would be nice
yea i always like them now and again

Docm30 said:
Well, in 1809 Prussia was the laughing-stock of Europe and possessed an army that lacked any discernible competence.

Going back to this, how will that be shown in game? Will Prussian units themselves be inferior or will it be something overarching on the campaign map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom