The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan the Awesome said:
Well darn, now I feel stupid for not searching. Thanks for not rubbing it in my face though. I wonder, if he does away with the fief system, where will our income come from? And what strategic value there be in holding cities, towns, and villages?

I suppose the value of holding cities, town and villages is so they don't fall into the hands of the enemy

There's no value of holding cities in native, besides not being destroyed. Unless you mean value for the player, but you can't hold cities in the mod, so that's irrelevant.

Money comes from your rank-based salary, plus the old-fashion methods of pillaging. You can also earn money from quests, boxing and things of that nature.

Vicccard said:
I'd kinda like to become/role-play garrison commander of cities as Maastricht, Hamburg, or Malta. But we aren't getting that?

Not for now, but something like that may be included when I start work on things like being elected mayor.

Being able to take over a faction would be a nice feature for the future, but not at all the kind of thing I'm focusing on now. The thing I'm focusing on for now (and for the remainder of the time I spend working on the first alpha) is being a soldier and all that goes with it. To a lesser extent I'm also working on the social aspects of being a soldier. You can be a soldier's soldier if you like, but there will be certain advantages to being a gentlemen soldier who attends balls, buys property, wears natty outfits and all sorts of rubbish like that.

Lords don't die, and I doubt I'll ever make them die. It works in a something like TLD because of it's very focused on one specific theatre of one war in a very contained area. It doesn't work so well when you've got a global focus where wars can start and end whenever and between whoever.

11sparky11 said:
...WW1 pistol wounds were rarely lethal. Of course, infection would be very prevalent at this time but surely they would not have the stopping power of other weapons?

Trust me when I say that a .45 ACP, or a 9MM Parabellum or a .455 Webley is not something you want to stand in front of. They will kill a person very easily. Even comparatively weak flintlock pistols were still deadly. Anything that can open the flesh up can be deadly, especially something that can destroy organs and smash bones. I mean, there's no safe place to get shot; there are vital organs and blood vessels everywhere.

SolidXerm, for several reasons I'm not including any real people as companions.

+Varsung+ said:
This mod looks so awesome! Hope it`ll be released soon!
soon my brother the magic of this mod will shower down a pond us and sprinkle its magical juice on are faces so we will be reborn into a world of love and happiness

Docm30 said:
Not for now, but something like that may be included when I start work on things like being elected mayor.

Where did they elect mayors at this time?

Or like commissions, would you have to make that universal?

Also, if you can do elections differently, will the UK have its "rotten borough" system?

Wismar said:
...Docm30 [is] not leading it...

Precisely.

Omega_007 said:
Where did they elect mayors at this time?

Everywhere on earth? not necessarily a democratic or popular election, but even if a single person chooses who gets to be mayor that's still being elected.

Omega_007 said:
Also, if you can do elections differently, will the UK have its "rotten borough" system?

I do tend to base my gameplay decisions around episodes of Blackadder.

Wismar said:
I though you were more serious about the mod rather than correcting grammar.

In English, when one quotes only a part of a sentence they're supposed to amend it to form as correct a sentence as possible, and any changes made are to be marked with brackets. I wasn't correcting your grammar.

The point of my 'precisely' is that you are right about me not being the one doing the multiplayer, and it is therefore of little use to direct questions about it towards me.

willarchard said:
And in all honesty i am much more looking forward to the single player!

Me too, but then again, I'm curious about multiplayer too.

Maybe Wolfstar could, in time, post an update sharing some additional info about the multiplayer?

I feel like multiplayer would have felt better as a surprise reveal closer to release, it might have meant a slightly lower profile for the mod but the thread would have removed a major source of dull, repetitive questions.

I have to say with all these people trying to milk their birthdays it sure makes me regret not taking advantage of mine, but eh. I'm curious about how you interact with other characters at the social events you mentioned as important for maintaining the image of a 'gentleman soldier'. Any chance of sharing some details, or is it staying behind closed doors for now?

Docm30 said:
SolidXerm, for several reasons I'm not including any real people as companions.
To be frank, I meant to propose adding the Baron as a lord of the Hapsburg Dynasty, not as a companion. You know, the "Lords" of Native, NPCs which lead the armies of their respective empire. But naturally, I understand your decision.

This may be "a bit" too early to ask, but sometime in the future when ur 100% done with L'Aigle, do you have any plans for like a spinoff mod taking place for example in the Frech revolutionary wars, the 7 years' war or (better yet if you ask me  :razz:) the world wars of the 20'th century?

Also (this is pretty surreal, but let's ask for curioisity's sake) did you ever have this wild idea of incorporating U.S.A in the mod as a faction, or something like American or Canadian mercs?

dinnerblaster said:
This may be "a bit" too early to ask, but sometime in the future when ur 100% done with L'Aigle, do you have any plans for like a spinoff mod taking place for example in the Frech revolutionary wars, the 7 years' war or (better yet if you ask me  :razz:) the world wars of the 20'th century?

Also (this is pretty surreal, but let's ask for curioisity's sake) did you ever have this wild idea of incorporating U.S.A in the mod as a faction, or something like American or Canadian mercs?

Didn't you know? Docm will work on this mod till he dies, and his final wish will be to have it uploaded so we can play it. Only like another 50 years to go. Or so. I think? Roughly. Maybe.

11sparky11 said:
dinnerblaster said:

Didn't you know? Docm will work on this mod till he dies, and his final wish will be to have it uploaded so we can play it. Only like another 50 years to go. Or so. I think? Roughly. Maybe.

I don't hear myself laughing, but anyway.

I'm pretty sure alpha is indeed going to be released this year, because Docm stated he is now polishing the most vital warfare stuff for the first release, so if he next year gets either run over, drowns, eats incorrectly cooked puffer fish or some other nice thing occurs to him, I'm confident we will still have something in our hands by then.

11sparky11 said:
dinnerblaster said:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom