The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe when talking to eligible young ladies at parties an invitation to dance could be one of the conversation options, after which there is a cut-scene (or not, if you arent into that kinda thing docm.) and depending on your level in some skill (maybe persuasion, or athletics, I dunno) your relationship goes up, down, or stays the same. Nice and simple.

The progress looks amazing as usual Doc, but I have a quick question.

I'm not sure if anyone asked this yet, because I didnt really check, but would it be possible to use this shader technique on uniforms and such aswell? I mean, I suppose it would be, but how much work would it be?

It is possible, but it doesn't look good and it doesn't really make any sense.

Helfy said:
Also, I was wondering if you had some high society clothing to show? If I recall correctly, you've only shown dresses once or twice. 

Not really much more to show. It was all Empire dresses and double-breasted tailcoats among the upper classes.

Sarel said:
I was wondering if you've made/have any custom menu and/or loading screens, Docm.

I've made all of them.

Anyway, I made the most German-looking building ever and figure I'd give you all a look. You could all use some education about German buildings, anyway.

rc4z.jpg

It makes me think of beer for some reason...

I don't know about German, looks more like 16th century France to me :razz:

And great that u put much emphasis on scenes. 1805 II is otherwise great mod, but it's cheap recycling of scenes just kills the athmosphere. I couldn't be more grateful when it's not the case here! Which reminds me, are u going to make seperate scenes for EVERY town, "castle" and village?

It doesn't bear any of hallmarks of Tudor architecture, like multi-gable fronts, bay windows, arched underpasses, cheap wattle and daub construction and things of that nature.

dinnerblaster said:
are u going to make seperate scenes for EVERY town, "castle" and village?

We're going to make as many as we can. I won't the delay the mod for scene work, though.

Hazzardevil said:
Might just be they have the same style, but it looks like a Tudor style building to me.

I was obviously satirizing the argumentation from pages 869 - 873 conserning whether doc's French buildings were German or not.

We're going to make as many as we can. I won't the delay the mod for scene work, though.

My appreciation grew 100%, best news I've heard today!

On the subject of noble dress and activities, where the old blurb says "forgo military glory and pursue a career in politics or simply spend your life amongst high society," will that mean Warband's "political game" which is practically non-existent, or will it be expanded upon? Will we be able to join the civil service and have quests more exciting than delivering letters from lord to lord (general to general) but also less martially demanding than searching for bandit hideouts? Will I have an excuse to post plates of Russian civil provincial uniforms that no one will want to wear?

It's something I plan to expand upon quite a bit, but it is fairly low on my list of priorities so I don't know how much I'll be able to do in time for the first release.

The latter part of that sentence should hold true in the first release, though. The gaining of peerages/titles, buying property, attending social events, purchasing totally undeserved military commissions and other activities associated with the upper classes should all be in.

Docm30 said:
The latter part of that sentence should hold true in the first release, though. The gaining of peerages/titles, buying property, attending social events, purchasing totally undeserved military commissions and other activities associated with the upper classes should all be in.
Perfect!

Command experience? Oh, heavens, no. I just thought it would be good for a laugh.

Docm30 said:
It's something I plan to expand upon quite a bit, but it is fairly low on my list of priorities so I don't know how much I'll be able to do in time for the first release.

i think that this exploration of culture in a mod such as this is a brilliant idea, wouldnt it be and interesting notion to extend it to mp somehow, instead of LB's we can have weekly balls  :idea:

wrath7 said:
i think that this exploration of culture in a mod such as this is a brilliant idea, wouldnt it be and interesting notion to extend it to mp somehow, instead of LB's we can have weekly balls  :idea:

We can do that, and it's called Roleplay. And I certainly am interested in that.  :mrgreen:

Vicccard said:
wrath7 said:

We can do that, and it's called Roleplay. And I certainly am interested in that.  :mrgreen:

You do re-enactments, why not balls too? I imagine there are PLENTY of 19th century ball dancing clubs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom