The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to Luigi Boccherini, who is sometimes called by the dismissive nickname 'Haydn's Wife' in reference to his living in Haydn's shadow. I regard Boccherini as the superior composer, though.

koach2 said:
If you want I could ask them to bring the sheets to my next reenactment.

Can't hurt to have.

Just actually be good at it if you are going to donate music to this mod. NW's terrible fifes are a running joke with my clan mates to this day.

The fact FSE paid for that is just depressing.

Didn't they track down some of the best musicians and get fresh recordings with period instruments? Or something like that. I'm sure it sounded better in the studio than on a recording.

Docm30 said:
thecalaquendi said:
I see you modelled the 95th rifle's pants from those portrayed in the "Sharpe" books and TV series! Those pants were however particular to Sharpe himself as he had looted them from a French cavalry colonel.  The officers of the 95th were actually supposed to wear "dark green pantaloons with a row of black twist down the seams, black linen gaiters with black buttons and small stiff tops, black garters and uniform buckles with Half Boots." (source: http://sharpecompendium.net/uniforms.html)

Either way, everything looks astounding and will make for a great experience!

I didn't base anything on Sharpe (except Ducos and Sharpe himself, but that's obvious). Those riding trousers are copied those this 1808 portrait of Captain John Kent, done from life by another officer to send back to Kent's family.

In both of the ingame screenshots on the first post that show 95th officers, both have them in the regulation leggings.

Dawiduh said:
I get a feeling Docm30 does this for a living and L'Aigle is just a hobby. You don't just buy 3DsMax (3675$) if you're not using it for real work also.  :grin:

Uh huh. Bear in mind there are also ways to get it a lot cheaper, like second hand copies (which Autodesk sells) or if you're a student.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Still can't believe he didn't know how to model before L'Aigle O.O

I've been doing it since 2003, actually. Even longer if you're talking about fashion modelling.

ThefightingLegion said:
Hey Docm30 how much is the stuff required to make such a grand mod?

Due to the complexities of the English language, 'stuff' in this case can mean virtually anything. You'll have to be more specific.
Well question answered, guess your 3dsmax probably does all the work for you :grin:. How much space does creating a mod like this take up on the computer that you used to create this mod?

I saw a project for mount and blade warband that was under development for 3 years.........

James Grant said:
Prokopis_Efstratios said:
I wanted to ask you,but are you planning on adding more rebel factions like Greeks,Serbs,Wallachians,Bavarians etc.? I have seen that you added only the Serbs (and it kinda feels sad,because all the other Balkan Countries won't be able to rebel against the Ottomans :sad: ).

Also,is there anyway for an Austrian city to rebel against the Ottomans in case they capture it? Like protests,building damages etc.? It would make the game more funny in my opinion.

Funny? What exactly is funny about uprising against an invader, did you find it funny reading about the Dos de Mayo uprising? Where 500 men of Madrid were slaughtered after they attempted such an invasion? Sounds hilarious doesn't it.

It's even more funny when you hear about the repercussion's for the rest of the Spanish people throughout the war, shot for the slightest show of resistance or raped.

Granted, the Spanish gave as good as they got when they got into France.

@Chudolf, no release date has been released. There will be no demo, it will be released all at once after private beta tests are complete with updates further down the line.

Funny in a different term...the entertaining one...Let me just ask you something. Why do you burn villages and loot them in Mount and Blade? Why did the developers add this feature into the game? By saying "funny" I mean entertaining and more realistic. My kinsmen fall victims many times from wars and such. Turks and Greeks have both died but I don't find that funny. That's why rebellions are "massacres" even with their right causes. There will be casualties from both sides and that won't be funny when you see blood spilled everywhere. I used the wrong word and you though I actually meant it,even though I used it as a synonym to entertaining.

But seriously,are there going to be rebellions and such? It will make the game MUCH "funnier"...

Fun is both a noun and an adjective, as far as entertainment goes. Raping and pillaging can be funny though, if you're putting the blade to a commune of Smurfs or Hobbits.

Prokopis_Efstratios said:
By saying "funny" I mean entertaining and more realistic.

I think you might be looking for the term "fun", simply. By saying that such a feature would make the game more fun, not funny, your sentence would make more sense. Funny has but one meaning: "Causing laughter or amusement; humorous."

I think most of us understood you, though, especially with that explanation. And I do agree with you; rebellious factions are always fun, and rebelling against the Ottomans would be very enjoyable indeed. However, adding such factions may just be considered unnecessary work by Docm30.

*Edit* Ninja'd.  :neutral: 

Yes,but I didn't mean it historically. You will easily loot and plunder the Swadian villages in the vanilla mount and blade,but if I suddenly change the name of the "Swadian Kingdom" to "Greek Kingdom" suddenly you 'll have to stop doing that  because it will be considered racism...Ahh..Internet...It is not funny watching people dying,families torn apart and such,but it is "FUNNY" doin that in a fantastic world where there are no consequences for your actions. Of course this all debate was heated due to his statement "I just wanted to rage on that guy".

I say again,funny is a word with different meanings. It can affect something visually and end up meaning something that you can even smell (!). That's why I love the English lanquage,because many of it's words have different meanings (like in other lanquages but more frequently). END OF DEBATE AND RAGE.

I was wondering about your trailer Docm30, what is "camera smooth mod" ? We can see at 4:00 that you have enabled it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBjHcUleYVY

Docm30 said:
If anyone has some sheet music for period military drum and fife tunes, it'd be useful.
I happened to look for that recently, and found quite a few scores (both of the fife and drum and of the trumpet varieties).
Manuel général de musique militaire à l'usage des armées françaises (184:cool: http://books.google.ch/books?id=vl1XAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA392-
IA1#v=onepage&q&f=false

Covers French music in great detail from the reign of Louis XIII to 1848, and includes samples from other countries, mostly contemporary, some of them earlier (unspecified anciennes versions).

Judging from the sheets seen on reenactment forum discussions (http://2nd95thrifles.myfastforum.org/archive/british-napoleonic-bugle-calls__o_t__t_1089.html) the English bugle calls seem to be the same as during the Napoleonic wars.

A source with a mixture of sheet and samples (French-oriented) would be http://www.appat.org/celeustique/, including tones specific to regiments (http://www.appat.org/celeustique/index.php/sonneries/sonneries-regimentaires) as well as fife and drum tones for the Navy (http://www.appat.org/celeustique/index.php/sonneries/sonneries-reglementaires/10-sonneries/sonneries-reglementaires/33-marine-tambour-fifre).
The site is a bit lacking as far as dates go though.

2013-08-27T16:25Z: Edited to remove obnoxious newlines spawned by copy-pasting.

Possibly not period correct, but the oldest sheet music for Russian maneuver cadences floating around is this book from 1848, containing separate cadences for the Guard, regular musketeers, Jaegers, the coveted "Grenadier" award cadence, and assorted camp and field signals. These are not full-fledged marches for orchestras to play for the civilian crowds or at noble soirees, they serve the practical use of keeping the ranks in locked step and to mark the various activities in a garrison (sunrise, sunset, meal times etc.). The instrumentation is "Б" - Drums; "Ф" - Flutes/Fifes; "С. Р." - Signalling horns. Some of the pieces are written as horn-exclusive, so it's unclear whether the given melody was originally played on a fife, or was written post-Napoleonic especially for the horn. The most generic moving march, the Musketeer cadence, unfortunately falls into that category.

http://www.reenactor.ru/ARH/Drill/Russ_Drum&Bug_1848.pdf

Drum Signals
1) Cadence of the L. Gv. Preobrazhenskiy and other Guard regiments
2) Cadence of the L. Gv. Semyonovskiy Regiment
3) Cadence of the L. Gv. Izmailovskiy Regiment
4) Grenadier cadence
5) Musketeer cadence
6) Jaeger cadence
7) Cadence of the Artillery and for sappers with horns
8,) literally "Drum Roll" (used as a Cease Fire)
9) literally "Sticks" (officers and NCOs return to their marching positions after firing is done)
10) Short drum roll
11) First motif of the Jaeger cadence
12) Second motif of the Jaeger cadence
13) March for the deployment of a battalion with music
14) March of the column commencing an attack
15)  Withdrawl
16) General Alert
17) Alert for battalion to give fire
1:cool: Platoon honours
19) Column honours
20) Honours at double-time
21) Under the banner
22) Agenda/Schedule (for announcing received orders?)
23) Vespers/Lights-Out
24) Dawn Reveille
25) Morning Prayer
26) Prayer of a Church Parade
27) Prayerful Retreat (Ceremonial flag-lowering?)
2:cool: Short assembly call
29) Assembly into tight ranks
30) On Guard signal
31) General-March (an alternative to the Reveille for use on campaign, assembles the forces for inspection)
32) Arise (another Reveille)
33) Field-March
34) Crossing/Portage
35) Agenda/Schedule for the camp Dismissal ceremony
36) Agenda/Schedule for the camp watchword
37) To the mess
3:cool: Begin labour
39) Finish labour
40) Wakeup (a third goddamn Reveille)
41) Cadence for the shooting in time
42) Cadence for punishment (marching through the gauntlet)
43) Funeral March

Horn Signals
1) First company
2) Second company
3) Third company)
4) Grenadier or Carabinier company
5) Reserve
6) Designation of a Jaeger battalion
7) Right flank
8,) Left flank
9) Disperse (open into a skirmishing chain)
10) Half-turn right
11) Half-turn left
12) Attention
13) Wheeling in place
14) Crouch or Hit Dirt
15) Advance forward
16) Retreat and/or About-Face (by turning right)
17) Tighten the chain; close ranks
1:cool: Change the ranks (reserves are brought up, and the present front is relieved)
19) Form line (from either column or square)
20) Form column
21) Form square
22) Crossing/Portage
23) Assembly for a tight formation (and an Alert, while in camp)
24) Fire
25) Cease Fire (sounded twice to Stop, thrice to Stand Up)
26) Generic executive signal

I'm 99% sure this is the source of the Russian marches heard in the Napoleonic Wars DLC. I'm afraid I can't find anything equivalent for the cavalry though, unless you want 1881 signals.

was disappointed to see this was still not released.

then i was excited because that means that when it does come out its going to be one of the best WB mods out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom