The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
djogloc02 said:
I saw that the musketoons were most used in naval boardings, will the sailors carry them?

In the screenies, it's clear that a lot of the marines were using muskets, but perhaps they'll be in the game. I'm pretty sure Musketoons were primarily a dragoon thing, though.

By the way, Docm, I was curious about the gamemodes that would be available. Will they resemble NW? Warband? Or will there be new things in the mix? I'd like to see things such as "Siege" and "City Assault" specified to make things spiced up. Also, what's the situation on the playable maps? We were shown that amazing screen of Paris. Will historical scenarios/places make up a large part of the multiplayer maps?

Now that someone refered it.... isnt it weird that in some cases some mod developers just dissapear once their mods start getting popularity?
i still want to believe that one day Lyrones will just upload a finished version of TPW

to remain in topic.... Doc when you will release the first versions of the game will you accept help in order to solve the bugs noted by the comunity? or you are going to finnish this alone?

Sir Audiate said:
djogloc02 said:
I saw that the musketoons were most used in naval boardings, will the sailors carry them?

In the screenies, it's clear that a lot of the marines were using muskets, but perhaps they'll be in the game. I'm pretty sure Musketoons were primarily a dragoon thing, though.

By the way, Docm, I was curious about the gamemodes that would be available. Will they resemble NW? Warband? Or will there be new things in the mix? I'd like to see things such as "Siege" and "City Assault" specified to make things spiced up. Also, what's the situation on the playable maps? We were shown that amazing screen of Paris. Will historical scenarios/places make up a large part of the multiplayer maps?

Naval boardings are close (serious, very close) combats, so the Musketoons would be one of the best choices to use.

djogloc02 said:
Naval boardings are close (serious, very close) combats, so the Musketoons would be one of the best choices to use.

You're using logic, not historical accuracy. I could be wrong, but I don't think Musketoons would have been used. It was too close of combat that friendly fire could have been very common.

Sir Audiate said:
djogloc02 said:
You're using logic, not historical accuracy. I could be wrong, but I don't think Musketoons would have been used. It was too close of combat that friendly fire could have been very common.
djogloc02 you were right the first time. Musketoons were used used in the Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom