The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me quote your quote so that you can feel bad about yourself for my sadistic amusement.

ThefightingLegion said:
Docm30 said:
parisscene2.jpg

I'm just kidding. With so many partial quotations and new tangents, the narrative of the conversation is becoming a little strained. Case in point: Kpetschie's latest psychotic outburst.

Bluehawk said:
Case in point: Kpetschie's latest psychotic outburst.

:cry: I can't help it. People in the forum community really cease to amaze me, and apparently my retorts are considered psychotic. I guess it's expected.

Comrade Temuzu said:
As if anything but a replication of the scene from Les Misérables would do it.

I've read the book and seen the excellent Charles Laughton and the awful Liam Neeson version, but I haven't seen the musical, so I'll assume you mean the famous barricades of 1832. Those are probably not something that would fit in. More likely it'll be set on the outskirts of town. Although a recreation of the Swiss Guards defence of the Tuileries would be pretty impressive.

zois said:
amazing work......... it seems so... detailed. i start to worry about the size of the mods file.  :mrgreen: are you going to make all buildings Life size.?

What else would I make them?

The mod is currently a very reasonable 750 megs.

All the civilian areas are pretty compact, so it isn't hard to find the shops and things. I may even go with TLD's method of making you find the peopel before being able to visit them on the menu. Or at least make you visit the scene at least once before you can use the menus.

I've even considered removing the town menus entirely, since I think they're a terrible feature, but I probably won't.

Docm30 said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
As if anything but a replication of the scene from Les Misérables would do it.

I've read the book and seen the excellent Charles Laughton and the awful Liam Neeson version, but I haven't seen the musical, so I'll assume you mean the famous barricades of 1832. Those are probably not something that would fit in. More likely it'll be set on the outskirts of town. Although a recreation of the Swiss Guards defence of the Tuileries would be pretty impressive.
Yeah, but I was wondering about barricades in general. I would expect to see some sort of barricades, IIRC in Native, there are a few steps during sieges, once you've taken the walls, you need to fight in the streets, then inside the castle hall, and all that, so there might be a place for barricade fights.

And, since most towns won't be walled, will we be able to use cavalry in sieges? or is that hardcoded?

Now that I think about it, AI cavalry would probably be useless against barricades as it is against walls, but I'd like to see some mamelukes charging (and being stabbed by angry citizens) through the streets and squares of Madrid one day.

I'm yet to find a siege where they didn't use the city walls...

Though I'm sure Docm will post a dozen of them straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom