The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
If I can squeeze them in in time, they'll also have mamelukes and Polish chevaux-legers as heavy cavalry. No carabiniers, though. Too generic looking to be worth it.

PLease do take your time and add as much as you can! I'd rather wait a for some extra time and have more troops than worry about rushing to play a mod. Too often it seems people release ufinished mods.

zois said:
Allas a recruit that i agree with.

Just because he hasn't been on this particular forum it doesn't mean his points are any less valid, granted most recruits are idiots but that discussion is for another time and another thread. 

this mod looks so pretty :grin:
all the screen make me jizz in mah pants xD
cant wait to play this, this will make the napoleonic wars look like a simple rushed pew pew mod

This might have been already asked, but i've got a clue. While laying siege either to a fortress or a city, do you need to create a breach then storm it with your soldiers to capture the town? If yes, is a demolition system for walls planned or already in?

Docm30 said:
I've even considered removing the town menus entirely, since I think they're a terrible feature, but I probably won't.

Please don't.  It's fun and all to go through and check out the various different towns to see what they look like, but, eventually, when visiting a location, I just want to get to the nuts and bolts of why I'm there. 

The mod looks amazing, can't hardly wait to be able to play it!!  (And no, I won't ask for a release date.  :grin:)

Docm30 said:
I've even considered removing the town menus entirely, since I think they're a terrible feature, but I probably won't.

At first when I saw this I thought it would be terrible, but then I realized exactly how cool it would be if you had to find your way to everything. Maybe you could make it a feature you can enable and disable.

Ivan the Awesome said:
Docm30 said:

At first when I saw this I thought it would be terrible, but then I realized exactly how cool it would be if you had to find your way to everything. Maybe you could make it a feature you can enable and disable.
For the first time?  Yes.  After that?  Meh.  The game gets repetitive if one must find the merchant/guild master one is looking for every single time.  Should definitely be optional.

Nobody complains about it in other RPG's. Anyway, I said I was more likely to go the way of The Last Days. Their code should work in Warband, with some modifications, naturally.

James Grant said:
By the way Doc, why did you decide on the 85th for Britain's light infantry regiment. I only ask because their performance seems to be quite an unfortunate one, not quite as renowned as the 52nd or 43rd at least.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: most British regiments were selected based on their participation in the Walcheren expedition. I think the only one that wasn't is the 7th Hussars, but there weren't any Hussar regiments doing anything at the time.

DanyEle said:
This might have been already asked, but i've got a clue. While laying siege either to a fortress or a city, do you need to create a breach then storm it with your soldiers to capture the town? If yes, is a demolition system for walls planned or already in?

If it's got walls, you'll probably need to batter them down.

Here's a quick thing Docm. In every single single player mod I've ever played the AI Generals and their men always, and I mean ALWAYS charge into battle.

No line forming, no tactics, nada. The only mod I've seen where AI aren't completely brain dead is Blood and Steel.

So I was just wondering what you've got in mind for that. Did you edit the script to make line infantry act as line infantry or... I dunno. I just don't want every battle to be like the Old Guard's charge at Waterloo.

ClearlyInvisible said:
The only mod I've seen where AI aren't completely brain dead is Blood and Steel.

1257 makes it so your guys line up at the start and depending on how many of either infantry, archers, or cavalry will do different formations.

Docm30 said:
Nobody complains about it in other RPG's. Anyway, I said I was more likely to go the way of The Last Days. Their code should work in Warband, with some modifications, naturally.

Having never played The Last Days, perhaps an explanation is in order :?:.  Warband's limitations are based almost exclusively on the repetitive nature of visiting the various towns.  As such, the town menu is a must.  Even if it's only a matter of traveling from point A to point B, how many times must that happen over the course of a fiftieth-level character?  Regardless of how great the locations look, it gets boring.  (That's not to take away from the locations that you've put together so far, they look astounding, just a reflection on the gameplay of Warband itself. :grin:)

Perhaps there is a way to make it so that one doesn't have to visit a town after practically every battle?  A supply wagon maybe, like in Brytenwalda?  Or some other such device?  My apologies if this has been brought up before, but 700+ pages of content is a lot to sift through.
ClearlyInvisible said:
Here's a quick thing Docm. In every single single player mod I've ever played the AI Generals and their men always, and I mean ALWAYS charge into battle.

No line forming, no tactics, nada. The only mod I've seen where AI aren't completely brain dead is Blood and Steel.

So I was just wondering what you've got in mind for that. Did you edit the script to make line infantry act as line infantry or... I dunno. I just don't want every battle to be like the Old Guard's charge at Waterloo.
Speaking of Brytenwalda, yes, in many battles, the AI simply charges forward, but in others the enemy actually follows a battle plan.  In Mount & Empire the opponent will behave according to whether or not they were attacked or are the attacking force.  I.e., if attacked, they will not charge for at least a few minutes.  After that, well, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  As such, it would be nice to deal with an AI that puts some thought into how it's going to approach a particular battle.

I support getting rid of the town menus, in warbands single player you can recruit men and travel to several different places and buy a ton of equipment in a matter of minutes due to fast forwarding while moving and the menus in towns, i think if you remove the menus it will make a slower paced game where you don't suddenly have 50 men and a load of equipment after a few clicks. And as Docm said other games make you go to the trader and people don't mind, you're just spoilt by warband so far, plus with the effort going into making those towns it's a shame to have a menu where most people will never go to explore the town.

Although you should have signage to each trader within the town so you don't get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom