The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bkill91 said:
Glad to hear about all the good news. But I honestly never checked this every day to see the updates it was to read all the conversations you all had. Hopefully you will keep going at it. It's quite interesting.

Been following this mod for two years going on three (started 2012) and this is my first post here and like you I've come everyday just to read all the comments. Hope once Docm gets a thread started in the released section this'll turn into a  L'AIGLE comment thread :grin: can't wait to play this though :grin: 

I am particularly interested in particle effects. Am I right in thinking that you have gone for the option of few big particles rather than many little ones?

Reenactors use different amounts of gunpowder all over the place, so I'd imagine the only place to get information as to what it really looked like would be from eyewitness reports.

I think your effects are pretty nice.

Really great!!!

that will be one of the most authentic experiences in napoleonic warfare for pc.
i really can't think of good napoleonic games. one is the dlc, the other is totalwar nap and it's mods(native was
a disaster in my opinion), scourge of war nap (modification). that's all i can think of.
that era in games is underestimated.

oppai said:
bkill91 said:
Glad to hear about all the good news. But I honestly never checked this every day to see the updates it was to read all the conversations you all had. Hopefully you will keep going at it. It's quite interesting.

Been following this mod for two years going on three (started 2012) and this is my first post here and like you I've come everyday just to read all the comments. Hope once Docm gets a thread started in the released section this'll turn into a  L'AIGLE comment thread :grin: can't wait to play this though :grin:
Same here, except that I have a couple of posts on this thread :smile:

Docm30 said:
SolidXerm said:
It's nice that everyone is enjoying the merriment, but do keep in mind that this is only the release of the CLOSED Alpha. It is entirely possible that you won't be getting the modification until much later.

Open alpha on the 31st.

Nice.
I thought that was the case.
You had me scared there for a minute  :mrgreen:

borristherat said:
Docm30 said:
SolidXerm said:
It's nice that everyone is enjoying the merriment, but do keep in mind that this is only the release of the CLOSED Alpha. It is entirely possible that you won't be getting the modification until much later.

Open alpha on the 31st.

Nice.
I thought that was the case.
You had me scared there for a minute  :mrgreen:

I think some people would have completely lost it if it was a closed alpha.

On the other hand, it would have been the greatest troll in the history of TW forums.

Docm30 said:
SolidXerm said:

Open alpha on the 31st.
My bad, my bad. I must have overlooked something. Although, I can't help but question - That is only one and a half weeks away. How will you thoroughly get the Closed Alpha tested over this short period?

I think it's safe to assume most of the people who've gotten into the closed alpha will be more or less glued to their screens from the moment the download's finished. So 1.5 weeks should count for about a month's worth of in-game time. :razz:

Baillie said:
I am particularly interested in particle effects. Am I right in thinking that you have gone for the option of few big particles rather than many little ones?

Reenactors use different amounts of gunpowder all over the place, so I'd imagine the only place to get information as to what it really looked like would be from eyewitness reports.

Baillie your effects are some of the most realistic I've seen.  :grin: Funny you stopped by.

Oforrsteel said:
Baillie said:

Baillie your effects are some of the most realistic I've seen.  :grin: Funny you stopped by.
I agree with the fact that the smoke effects look pretty awesome.

Oforrsteel said:
Baillie said:

....to talk about smoke effects....

Modder223 said:
Oforrsteel said:
Baillie said:

I agree with the fact that the smoke effects look pretty awesome.

In my opinion the smoke effects are totally realistic, and i'm even more convinced expecially after seeing a reenactment on the field...
Speaking of the sounds: if i noticed correctly by seeing the trailer, in the first part of the starter skirmish the sounds of the shots are attenuated because of the distance of the spectator by the fight and in the second part, on the contrary, we can notice that the sounds are more marked and evident...
Really good effect

However, out of curiosity Doc: can we expect to see the regiment of engineers of the guard?
This one...

032.jpg

Oforrsteel said:
Baillie said:

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say so! Funny I stopped by? Of course I stopped by, this work is a masterpiece, and I can't wait to play it, just like the rest of the community! ;D

Docm30 said:
No. Pistols can't currently be animated. If the new module system ever gets released I may be able to change that, though.
it can be done, rather clumsily, by switching the model using a ti.on.weapo.attack trigger.
Hardly a worthwhile investment of time tho....

JackAubrey said:
However, out of curiosity Doc: can we expect to see the regiment of engineers of the guard?
This one...

032.jpg

The Guard Engineers were created in July of 1810 as a company of firemen to make sure the Tuileries didn't burn down (Napoleon III could have used these guys). They won't be in the mod for multiple obvious reasons.

SolidXerm said:
My bad, my bad. I must have overlooked something. Although, I can't help but question - That is only one and a half weeks away. How will you thoroughly get the Closed Alpha tested over this short period?

I've got a pretty big whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom