The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EomarthofRohan said:
Soon as I get home that beauty is gonna be my avatar.

A little slow on the draw, buddy.

The Dark Robin said:
Docm, one bit of honest feedback besides the 'holy **** I want to play this' that came to my mind in watching that trailer is that the particle effects on shooting a gun look... Too explosive. Those effects would be great for artillery, but for generic guns something smaller might be better.

The muzzle blast on a musket was much larger than on a modern firearm, owing to the lack of a muzzle break and that fact that much more powder is used.

If you look at a picture like in the spoiler or watch this video, you'll see that I've got the effect pretty accurate. Also bear in mind that to my knowledge reenactors tend to use smaller loads for safety reasons.

muzzleblast.jpg

Neat, glad to hear your mod is almost ready to be played.  Happy for you and your team on that.

Though, I got two more questions about the game.  One I'm sure EVERYONE asks and the other, not sure how many folks would ask.  There are naval battles, right?  It's been a while since I stopped by this thread and I honestly can't remember.  If so, will they be a part of the alpha?  Just asking for a refresher.  Second, the uniforms.  Will it the uniforms work as an a coat for the chest and full pants for the boots or will the pants be included as part of the armor like in native and other mods with the boots being their own item for their slot?

Will the hammer move backwards once fired on the pistol because on the video I didn't see it move back unless it's just the angle. I was pretty disappointed when it didn't on Napoleonic Wars dlc.

Docm30 said:
EomarthofRohan said:
Soon as I get home that beauty is gonna be my avatar.

A little slow on the draw, buddy.

The Dark Robin said:
Docm, one bit of honest feedback besides the 'holy **** I want to play this' that came to my mind in watching that trailer is that the particle effects on shooting a gun look... Too explosive. Those effects would be great for artillery, but for generic guns something smaller might be better.

The muzzle blast on a musket was much larger than on a modern firearm, owing to the lack of a muzzle break and that fact that much more powder is used.

If you look at a picture like in the spoiler or watch this video, you'll see that I've got the effect pretty accurate. Also bear in mind that to my knowledge reenactors tend to use smaller loads for safety reasons.

muzzleblast.jpg

I am a reenactor of the American Revolution. I own a musket and shoot em all the time, and I can tell you those effects are just about spot on. Musket smoke really spits out of the barrel, it doesn't hang in a heavy, unrealistic blob of a cloud you see in NW or mods like North and South. 

Glad to hear about all the good news. But I honestly never checked this every day to see the updates it was to read all the conversations you all had. Hopefully you will keep going at it. It's quite interesting.

Ok, I will not kill aristocrats. I will trade. Hire a small room in Kiev. I will peacefully wait until the end of his days. I did not understand half of what you have written. Although Docm cool avatar!  :grin: 
P.S I have nothing against the aristocracy and monarchy. And I said, that is more inclined to UPR than the Makhnovshchina. And you threw me right stones.

It's nice that everyone is enjoying the merriment, but do keep in mind that this is only the release of the CLOSED Alpha. It is entirely possible that you won't be getting the modification until much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom